Tottenham Hotspur Karting FC vs AC Milan 08/03/2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How can we pick an 11 without enduring Tangana, Sanchez or Perisic? This is my 11

Forster
Royal Romero Lenglet
Porro Kulu Skipp Sarr Davies
Kane Richy

I wouldn’t be against throwing Danjuma into a Left Wing role with Kulu or Richy drifting from the right and a two man MF
With Davies to replace Lenglet and Sanchez to replace Royal if we're chasing the game.

In the 88th minute, of course.

We're 1.0 down so I predict a very defensive line up.
From Milan yes. They will play tight and try and protect their lead. Probably attempt to hit us on the break with no Dier . We have to attack and create lots of chances via set pieces if necessary due to our low conversion rate currently.

My fear is Milan will break on us and score .

If we are playing advanced up the pitch I'm not happy with Lenglet in the centre. He is our slowest CB and I don't want to see him floundering trying to get back.
Milan will deploy the dark arts too, time wasting, simulation, professional fouls to stop attacks. Will the ref allow it. ?

If we start Son and if, at any point other than being 7 goals to the good, Moura comes on, they all need the sack.
I'd rather a midfield 3 of PEH, Sarr and Skipp than have to watch a husk of a man that used to be Son for 90 minutes. Use him as a sub for half hour.

Moura shouldn't be in the squad. End of. No reason whatsoever to use a player who has zero impact on games who had absolutely no future at the club. He's gone in the summer. Stick him in with the kids team, not the first team. I don't give a shit how much he runs about, he's fucking unless. Stats back it up. 19 goals on 147 games. 6 of those in 2, so 13 goals in 142 remaining games. That is woeful.
A goal every 24 matches. He hasn't scored in over 30 now. It's embarrassing that he plays and it's embarrassing our fans say "eeee woz tha only wun oooo tried"
Running around looking like a trapped housefly isn't trying.

Not sure Porro from the start is the right call yet. Romero and Royal seem to link up well and offer actual defence down the right. I'm not against Lenglet in the middle and Davies on the left but worry about Perisic at LWB right now. Could it be worth (going against the above) putting Royal at LWB and Porro on the right? Royal can back Davies up, and Romero can cover Porro.

My thoughts
Forster
Romero Lenglet Davies
Porro PEH Skipp Royal
Kulu Kane Richarlison

Or maybe Danjuma from the off and/or Royal at RWB and Perisic at LWB
I don't think Milan were that much of a threat last time out tbh. Not sure how much defending we'll need to do.

If we start Son and if, at any point other than being 7 goals to the good, Moura comes on, they all need the sack.
I'd rather a midfield 3 of PEH, Sarr and Skipp than have to watch a husk of a man that used to be Son for 90 minutes. Use him as a sub for half hour.

Moura shouldn't be in the squad. End of. No reason whatsoever to use a player who has zero impact on games who had absolutely no future at the club. He's gone in the summer. Stick him in with the kids team, not the first team. I don't give a shit how much he runs about, he's fucking unless. Stats back it up. 19 goals on 147 games. 6 of those in 2, so 13 goals in 142 remaining games. That is woeful.
A goal every 24 matches. He hasn't scored in over 30 now. It's embarrassing that he plays and it's embarrassing our fans say "eeee woz tha only wun oooo tried"
Running around looking like a trapped housefly isn't trying.

Not sure Porro from the start is the right call yet. Romero and Royal seem to link up well and offer actual defence down the right. I'm not against Lenglet in the middle and Davies on the left but worry about Perisic at LWB right now. Could it be worth (going against the above) putting Royal at LWB and Porro on the right? Royal can back Davies up, and Romero can cover Porro.

My thoughts
Forster
Romero Lenglet Davies
Porro PEH Skipp Royal
Kulu Kane Richarlison

Or maybe Danjuma from the off and/or Royal at RWB and Perisic at LWB
I don't think Milan were that much of a threat last time out tbh. Not sure how much defending we'll need to do.
Has a player ever done a presser with the manager and not started? I can’t recall so I think Son is 100% starting

How can we pick an 11 without enduring Tangana, Sanchez or Perisic? This is my 11

Forster
Royal Romero Lenglet
Porro Kulu Skipp Sarr Davies
Kane Richy

I wouldn’t be against throwing Danjuma into a Left Wing role with Kulu or Richy drifting from the right and a two man MF
No Hojbjerg??
Funny Face Wow GIF by Tennis TV

100% and I hate that I feel that way

This is a CL QF! I should be absolutely buzzing.

I just have no faith in us at the min but will still watch in hope
I'm sure my mood will reflexively change by kickoff. It wouldn't hurt as much if I didn't find hope and enthusiasm by then.

QF is the next round, though.

18 year old Charlie Sayers in first team training today - Eric Dier suspended for tomorrow's game AC Milan

Sayers played in Spurs first team pre-season and the only youngster more junior than Harvey White to start one of the 'mid season' friendlies during World Cup break. He plays mainly as LCB but can play LB.

Might squeeze onto the bench, or be 'next in line' for the bench.

I think we're gonna win...
There, I said it!

...and the reason I said it, was 'cos at my age, and the way we're playing right now, tomorrow could be my last ever Champions League Spurs game.... so we'd better fucking win...

There. I said THAT n'all!

No pressure lads... but there are a lot of 50+ Spurs fans like me, who are thinking the same thing!!

Last edited:
From Milan yes. They will play tight and try and protect their lead. Probably attempt to hit us on the break with no Dier . We have to attack and create lots of chances via set pieces if necessary due to our low conversion rate currently.

My fear is Milan will break on us and score .

If we are playing advanced up the pitch I'm not happy with Lenglet in the centre. He is our slowest CB and I don't want to see him floundering trying to get back.
Milan will deploy the dark arts too, time wasting, simulation, professional fouls to stop attacks. Will the ref allow it. ?
The fact the away goal rule has been scrapped is a massive bonus for us though. If it had still been in place I reckon our chances would be less than 20%
As it stands, even if they score first there's everything to play for.
It really is a 50/50 call. As reflected in the bookies odds.

Back
Top Bottom