Tottenham Hotspur Karting FC vs AC Milan 08/03/2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As shit as things are, be it ownership , management / players, I can't wait until tomorrow morning
( Oz time ), and get through to the final 8.

Come on lads... Lets do this!

An obvious fact that only really hit home for me last week - since we started qualifying for the Champions League (2010), we haven’t won anything. Never really put the trophy drought in that context before. Does make you think.
think a reason we haven't won anything is in the cups (other than CL) we mostly play a second 11 (as we should be able to against many teams) but our second 11 players think they are billy big boots and they should be in the first 11, (well prove it) and don't put the effort in

Mick. Read the thread before putting your foot in it.

My friend Airfixx Airfixx made a very fair point.. ie. Why would Levy bin off Conte while top 4 was still possible. (his exact words)

My reply was simply pointing out he binned off Mourinho while a trophy was still possible. (One game and six days away).
So it probably wouldn't influence his decision.

You have a habit of mouthing off and jumping over posts without reading through the preceding debate.
Let this be a learning curve for future reference
Sure, that's what you're meant.
Do you know the story about the boy that cried wolf?
That's you John
So thanks for your patronising advice, but I'd like to invite you to stick it.
Plus, I think you're lying, you have never displayed a capability to refrain from trotting out your obsession previously, so it's doubtful that this time is any different.
Maybe it's you that needs to learn a lesson.

Sure, that's what you're meant.
Do you know the story about the boy that cried wolf? That's you John

Plus, I think you're lying, you have never displayed a capability to refrain from trotting out your obsession previously, so it's doubtful that this time is any different.

Mick
It is fair to say that Mr Thomas has always been extremely vocal of his criticism of Levy / ENIC. At times it has seemed a bit too negative. We all want to see new signings but reading someone constantly complaining about that can come across as too negative. But now I have to say that I have ran out of patience with ownership and am more aligned with his views. They did a brilliant job on the stadium and training ground, but ENIC have mismanaged and squandered the footballing / cup opportunities over too long a period. I hope us fans put pressure on Levy / ENIC to change or get out. But I do worry they could sell the club for top dollar to even worse investors and we end up like Everton.

Mick
It is fair to say that Mr Thomas has always been extremely vocal of his criticism of Levy / ENIC. At times it has seemed a bit too negative. We all want to see new signings but reading someone constantly complaining about that can come across as too negative. But now I have to say that I have ran out of patience with ownership and am more aligned with his views. They did a brilliant job on the stadium and training ground, but ENIC have mismanaged and squandered the footballing / cup opportunities over too long a period. I hope us fans put pressure on Levy / ENIC to change or get out. But I do worry they could sell the club for top dollar to even worse investors and we end up like Everton.
Me too
I actually agree with a lot of what John says

but not the amount of times he says it

How are we supposed to know you're in Devon??.....🤷‍♂️
Signs of clotted cream in his moustache mon ami!

41097854-9416191-Devastated_David_Suchet_revealed_on_Monday_that_filming_the_icon-m-45_1617056588017.jpg

The thought of going stright from the office to WHL tomorrow night to sit in the freezing cold, watch us trudge out of the CL without even having a shot on Milan's goal then queue in the rain at Seven Sisters for god knows how long to get home around 12.30am honestly doesn't seem appealing.

This is the last 16 of the Champions League where we technically have a really good chance of reaching the quarter finals. This shouldn't feel like such a chore, if I was told I'd feel this way about this situation to my younger self I'd think I was mental. But Tottenham have broken me.

The thought of going stright from the office to WHL tomorrow night to sit in the freezing cold, watch us trudge out of the CL without even having a shot on Milan's goal then queue in the rain at Seven Sisters for god knows how long to get home around 12.30am honestly doesn't seem appealing.

This is the last 16 of the Champions League where we technically have a really good chance of reaching the quarter finals. This shouldn't feel like such a chore, if I was told I'd feel this way about this situation to my younger self I'd think I was mental. But Tottenham have broken me.
Im starting to get a bit of hope thinking we are going to go through:conteshock:

That's the crux of it...
The losing still really hurts (like on Saturday) but the winning almost doesn't seem to bring the same joy!

Especially as you know we'll probably only follow it up with another turgid defeat in the following game!

Much of the joy has been ripped out of football for a while now... it just seems to be catching up with us now!

Having said ALL of that... I'll still sing my heart out tomorrow... in the forlorn hope it will help us to a victory that might suddenly free the blockage that has been holding our season back until now...

Well it's supposed to snow, you could always make a snowman....probs be more agile than Dier......(i know Dier is banned before anyone starts!)

Back
Top Bottom