Tottenham Hotspur Karting FC vs AC Milan 08/03/2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it was Bayern or Real I wouldn't have any hope for us, but with now being only 1-0 down against an average Milan side we've still got at least 50% chance of going through, our fans can play a part in this as well.

The idea that it's already a lost cause is absolutely bollocks.

Last edited:
If it was Bayern or Real I wouldn't have any hope for us, but with now being only 1-0 down against an average Milan side we've still got at least 50% chance of going through, our fans can play a part in this as well.

The idea that it's already a lost cause is absolutely bollocks.
Depends if we slump into a first half, low risk retreat or not

Don’t think the crowd will be decent at all.

I'd love to see a vintage Kane & Son masterclass but it feels like tnose days are now over...

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

Glad we are back to talking about this match. I really feel it is 50/50 as we just do not know what team will turn up. We do have to take our chances. We only have Kane on recent form who deserves to start but must pick 2 others and as Richie & Moura have not taken their chances & Danjuma has not had a chance, Koula &Son will likely start. They must perform. Just score early as on recent experience the longer we go without a goal leads to the opposition scoring. We must give it a real go and not just pass it around the back.

our fans can play a part in this as well.
It is SO difficult for the crowd to stay involved in the game when there's no fight, no rigour, no attempt at valour. No flair, no thought of we're going to score more goals than you. You just try and stop us. When we feebly bobble about the pitch in the way we generally have done under the last 3 managers trying desperately not to concede and hope we bore the opposition into making a mistake, you absolutely cannot blame the fans for not creating an atmosphere.

There needs to be an environment which allows the fans to make that cauldron of noise happen. And stoic defense is not going to cut it.

Mick
It is fair to say that Mr Thomas has always been extremely vocal of his criticism of Levy / ENIC. At times it has seemed a bit too negative. We all want to see new signings but reading someone constantly complaining about that can come across as too negative. But now I have to say that I have ran out of patience with ownership and am more aligned with his views. They did a brilliant job on the stadium and training ground, but ENIC have mismanaged and squandered the footballing / cup opportunities over too long a period. I hope us fans put pressure on Levy / ENIC to change or get out. But I do worry they could sell the club for top dollar to even worse investors and we end up like Everton.

Fair and balanced..... Which leaves you some distance from the aforementioned Mr Thomas.

think a reason we haven't won anything is in the cups (other than CL) we mostly play a second 11 (as we should be able to against many teams) but our second 11 players think they are billy big boots and they should be in the first 11, (well prove it) and don't put the effort in
Exactly and BT love to slag our record off when we usually play 2nd string in Europa or Conference games.

It is SO difficult for the crowd to stay involved in the game when there's no fight, no rigour, no attempt at valour. No flair, no thought of we're going to score more goals than you. You just try and stop us. When we feebly bobble about the pitch in the way we generally have done under the last 3 managers trying desperately not to concede and hope we bore the opposition into making a mistake, you absolutely cannot blame the fans for not creating an atmosphere.

There needs to be an environment which allows the fans to make that cauldron of noise happen. And stoic defense is not going to cut it.

Thing is I agree with almost everything, but I think our crowd would probably help with a stoic defence too if that was even how we played. But we don't even seem to have that.

How can we pick an 11 without enduring Tangana, Sanchez or Perisic? This is my 11

Forster
Royal Romero Lenglet
Porro Kulu Skipp Sarr Davies
Kane Richy

I wouldn’t be against throwing Danjuma into a Left Wing role with Kulu or Richy drifting from the right and a two man MF

Back
Top Bottom