The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ironically the only post I've read this morning was from the Middle age Palace fan dressed in black, so will take the time throughout the morning to trawl through them.

What a fucking stadium!!! I think by now we were all expecting something special, we've spent the last how many years ogling at what must be 10's of thousands of pictures but even that doesn't prepare you when you first walk up the steps to your entrance, then onto the concourses and that step out of the vomitory with the pitch coming into view. That feeling, seeing the pitch for the first time was, I'm not kidding, the same as my first visit to WHL back in the 70's!!!!

I'm delighted with my seat, been so nervous about where I should be and probably overthought the whole thing but what's most important is that I'm around a bunch of people that all seem decent and all sing!!!

The opening ceremony was perfect, nothing cringe, no open-top buses, no taxi's trying to convince everyone we are a "London" club, selling us a "London" brand. It was understated and more importantly about Tottenham, the link with the community is the DNA of this club, it requires a lot of work but I think so much is in place already (Foundation at Percy House) that will connect the club back with its community again. Because in 5yrs from now, when the paint fades along with the deep blue of the seats, it's the surrounding community that will provide the key to whether this stadium becomes a 365 day a year destination (earns the club money).

Looking almost over the South Stand, when a song is sung it puts the hairs on your neck to attention, I can only see this getting better when the new fans in their learn some other songs that those in the corner sung but didn't quite carry to the whole stand.

For those moaning about transport links = what the fuck were you expecting! Old Trafford is worse by miles. Welcome to the big time because this is what it looks like, you know with 60k fans, just as it was in the 60's, when we were big. BTW I had a mate who went to Tottenham Hale who said it was deserted.

What a wonderful problem for Daniel to sort out, we ran out of beer!!!!!!

As for the game: Palace did their best to stop us playing football, defending with 10 behind the ball and showing zero ambition to get into our final third. I thought we moved the ball well, could have been quicker and maybe lacked a bit of variety but was still good to see Eriksen having an influence on the game, he was finding loads of pockets and we were finding him, his control and the ball to him could have been better though. I thought Rose, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Davies and Son were all very good.

I'll leave it there as I wasn't as into the game as much as I was into the stadium, which only leaves me to say well done Poch and the boys for not getting caught up and distracted by the stadium and focus on the game which you absolutely dominated throughout.

So fucking good to be back, West London, East London, South London.......TOTTENHAM.

Up The Spurs!

Last edited:
D3QjxgoW4AE6rKs.jpg

Palace fan here in peace..sort of.

Firstly congratulations on what is a magnificent facility and one you must be truly Proud of. Teething issues in our bit was the beer kept running out and the infrastructure getting away was fucking awful. Your noise level was excellent when you bothered to sing, but to have “ come on you Spurs” displayed on your electronic screen to encourage you to join in is truly gut wrenchingly embarrassing .

I don’t normally register of other fans boards but on this occasion I thought you would Like to hear what I’m about to say.

I’m sorry to tell you this but new stadium but still a segment of muggy fans. We left the stadium only came down the stairs at the back only to be attacked by some of your big hard lads. I am aware (and can provide photos) of a lady (I believe to be a spurs fan) to be knocked out of her wheelchair when your lot charged the Palace fans. The fighting broke out between both sets of supporters and a 15 school girl I know was taken to an ambulance with a shoulder injury (spoke to her this morning not serious) this injury was caused by the police on horseback trying to separate the two groups. Really Spurs? You have a great new stadium that will last you through to the next century, but some of your fans dragging your name back to the 1970’s.

That all said, on the flip side, I did meet a couple of older Spurs lads who we had a great chat/banter with. Someone will pick up on the “flair” in the Palace end, and before you say anything not acceptable I agree,

Come on Spurs this is 2019.

The 'Come on You Spurs' is nothing to do with trying to get fans to sing, it is a THFC tag line.

As for Spurs fans attacking Palace may i draw your attention to Wembley when your (exceedingly) muggy ultras attacked some of our scarfers before being run all they way back to the station.

Having a drum going for 2 hours so you can remember the tune to your two songs? Gutwrenchingly embarrassing.

Last edited:
do you stand up when you drive your car?
I have no problem with people sitting at spurs but not in the park Lane. If people want to sit they could have got there season tickets in any of the other stands. Paxton would have been perfect. The whole point of the wall is to generate atmosphere. Do you think people sit in the Kop or the yellow wall. If we don't have a bouncing park lane our ground will end up just an upgraded sterile Emirates mark 2.

What’s depressing is, Anfield has a great atmosphere and I utterly detest Liverpool, Dortmund also has a great atmosphere.

I do agree a drum would be a great addition but then you would just get some moaning cunt complaining about how it’s too noisy and they just want to sit down and watch the game.

This is what annoys me, these type of ”supporters” are going to ruin that south stand.

Anfield having a great atmosphere is the biggest myth in football.

7M2E2Nj.jpg

What an absolutely unreal night...

Palace were woeful and deserved nothing, Sissoko was a unit and MOTM by a mile.

Shame Kane didn't get on the score sheet but a perfect way to see in our new home all the same.

Thought we played well enough, without being spectacular. A bit of a nervous start, but understandable really, as the importance of getting a win yesterday cannot be stressed enough.
Ben MOTM for me, followed by Moussa, then Eriksen for the importance of his assist and his goal. Danny was 'one thing good, two things bad'. Defence didn't have much to do and agree that Jan should forage forward at least two/three times a game, as he looks dangerous when he does.
Palace really didn't make much of a game of it, until they went 2-0 down, and Hugo did well with a couple of saves, considering he hadn't much to do until the very end.
Really happy for Sonny, he seemed to appreciate the kudos of getting the first goal, but I would have loved H to have got one yesterday. Still, he's got five games to do so and hopefully add another golden boot to decorate his Christmas tree.
Noise inside the stadium was deafening at times, but there were definite lulls when anxiety kicked in. TBH, it was louder in the concourse, I do wish that we would save it for inside the bowl.
Hopefully, the team are back on course for winning the rest of our games (maybe not Citeh), and as long as we get at least 4th, think it will be an amazing achievement, considering all the crap we've had to deal with this season.
It's taken longer than we anticipated, but boy, it was worth the wait.
Can't wait until Tuesday, when we can go again.

Hi
does anyone know how the ticketing system works as it seems to be very hit and miss they way the tickets are issued are you actually in a queue it would be nice if the club could give some information

Just heard back from THFC and rather than try and explain how the queueing system works they sent me a visual representaion.

8e17c105-8ffa-42b4-bb9b-ab2cacf61d75

So, my last night in Houston, booked the cab to take me to the airport and checked in. Just keeping everything crossed that no delays so I can get home and onto Tottenham nice and early.
Nervous as a new born kitten, let's hope our bad luck is coming to an end and we start with a win in our new home. However our players need to be on their game from the off. No complacency and appreciate the importance of the occasion.
Come on my lovely Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom