The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

not really - i think tickets on the door first come first served will improve. In reality generally younger males grouped together generate the noise but i cant see anything to encourage this in the short term.
I agree with this in principal (or is it principle can never tell the difference), but don't know if I am physically up to it anymore.

Segregation and some of the premium lounges not ready apparently and ST's not showing up (This last bit may lead to the black bin liner protests we saw at the Emirates when they first opened as ST's bought by non-fans??)

Looked like the first few rows in the north stand were also empty, which doesn't jive with that. Weird.

Someone said upthread the reason we only had 59k last night rather than the 62k capacity? Can't find it? Ideas?

The Trust said on the podcast that they will gradually build to closer to capacity, they have to work out how to steward the segregation first - not sure it will ever be full capacity though as there always need to be seats dividing home and away fans.

Capacity also includes all staff, security.....even the players as well and I'm not sure all of the corporate bars are open yet

There was I, catching up on this thread, eyes felt a bit heavy, so just closed them for five minutes and two hours later, I woke up! There goes my swim, but I have to get up, got a retirement do at work, and I said I would pop in. As we won, there's no way I'm not going. So you'll have to wait until later for my thoughts, witticisms and in-depth commentary on tactics ;)

the lower pitch means chairs are available for NFL - i dont believe it but it was in the paper this morning.
As long as every available ticket is sold, it doesn't really matter if it's 59k or 62k. Tottenham actually report attendance accurately unlike some other clubs that just announce capacity if the match is a sellout.

Was at the game last night and all I can say is I felt well sorry for many of you on here (and others) who couldn't get tickets. Was sat (well, stood) right at the back of the Paxton stand and some of the 'supporters' around me were a joke - trio of girls just texting/chatting the whole game, a young couple who disappeared on 35 mins and didn't return till 60 mins...
Such a shame day-trippers like that got tickets for such a special game.

Just remembered the reaction around me to the second goal. For a few seconds no-one really knew it was a goal. Then we were all just looking at each other shrugging shoulder and saying "Its a goal!"

Even Harry seemed to be watching the replay still as the game re-started as if thinking what happened there then.

Reading some other comments on here and twitter I feel like I have lucked out with my seats. Good guys around and stewards seemed pretty cool as well. Hope it carries on this way. Although doubt I will ever get a beer at half time, but if I'm driving thats not such a big deal anyway.

Great to be home anyway. Still buzzing about it now. And back there on Tuesday................ happy days!

Back
Top Bottom