The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The man who says Eriksen (this league’s most productive creator over the last four years) is “shit” and always has been, calls me a maverick.

Yes sammy, has think Sissoko is a technically poor footballer and his constant inclusion is a major contributor (but definitely not the only one) to why we have rarely performed great this season.

I think it’s really poor tactically for Poch to put a player who is technically uncomfortable on the ball, receiving it under pressure etc, in a position that makes it harder for us to play out.

I think he was actually decent last night, but I think he’s been fucking atrocious for much of the last 2/3 months.
But I also think Poch constantly playing him in midfield, especially in CM2’s is stupid and counter early ntuitive on Poch’s part.

Against a team like palace, who don’t want to compete for possession, we got away with it, but as we’ve seen for much of this season,especially the last couple of months, that’s been found out too often.

I’m not raving about Trippier, I would much rather see KWP out there getting more game time, and I’ve said I wouldn’t even mind seeing Aurier given a run of games. I just think Trippier gets unfairly scapegoated, and is no where near as bad as some make out.

And Eriksen is a fucking great little footballer and has been our most influential offensive player generally, consistently, for the last few years.

And if all of that takes you “out” then that’s just an unexpected bonus.

‘Sissoko has been atrocious for the last 2/3 months’

Honestly you need your head examined. If we didn’t have Sissoko this season we would truly be mid table, if we didn’t have Eriksen (which we basically haven’t as he has been comfortably our worst player since Christmas) we’d be exactly where we are in the table right now

I very much would like us to start singing "an AR5en1L fan on a string.." and "hey sol Campbell" more. They always generate noise. Plus "Fuck em all" - love that one.

I guess not all our new fans know most of the songs. South stand should be teaching them.

I have no problem with people sitting at spurs but not in the park Lane. If people want to sit they could have got there season tickets in any of the other stands. Paxton would have been perfect. The whole point of the wall is to generate atmosphere. Do you think people sit in the Kop or the yellow wall. If we don't have a bouncing park lane our ground will end up just an upgraded sterile Emirates mark 2.
100%
There should be standing areas for people who want that.
But it's a bit harsh slagging someone off for wanting to sit in the seat he paid for
I don't understand why people think that they can't sing or support whilst seated, I can do it without a problem.

100%
There should be standing areas for people who want that.
But it's a bit harsh slagging someone off for wanting to sit in the seat he paid for
I don't understand why people think that they can't sing or support whilst seated, I can do it without a problem.

Singing standing up feels much better....

Fact is, physically, is it's more conducive to singing.

Honestly you need your head examined. If we didn’t have Sissoko this season we would truly be mid table, if we didn’t have Eriksen (which we basically haven’t as he has been comfortably our worst player since Christmas) we’d be exactly where we are in the table right now
The funny thing is - that he actually believes that he's right, and that we are all wrong.
But he probably has some zen level stat that tells him he's right and he's dumb enough to swallow it

Yeah, without Eriksen's 11 assists, 6 goals, double the key passes of everyone except Trippier, seeing more ball than Sissoko in games, tackling the same amount, we'd be where we are now. And without Sissoko's 1.3 tackles a game, inability to make an incisive pass if his life depended on it, inability to receive the ball under pressure - and point a lot - we'd be fucked.

Bollocks.

how is halfing the ticket cost make better atmosphere - still same guys but a little richer.

OK, maybe make tickets more available to the masses after halving the price. I know plenty of people who could not afford the £80 the ticket cost last night for me. I think you knew what I meant really.

What’s depressing is, Anfield has a great atmosphere and I utterly detest Liverpool, Dortmund also has a great atmosphere.

I do agree a drum would be a great addition but then you would just get some moaning cunt complaining about how it’s too noisy and they just want to sit down and watch the game.

This is what annoys me, these type of ”supporters” are going to ruin that south stand.

Absolutely right, the good supporters in there will be surrounded by moaning twats and tourists

During the game Arli White said “the problem with the big stand is the groans also sound louder” he wasn’t wrong

Just heard crooks on the BBC podcast saying atmosphere was tense during game, so I get people there may have sung but doesn’t seem to be universal and I definitely know what I heard

Things will get better though hopefully more positivity and support will grow

OK, maybe make tickets more available to the masses after halving the price. I know plenty of people who could not afford the £80 the ticket cost last night for me. I think you knew what I meant really.
not really - i think tickets on the door first come first served will improve. In reality generally younger males grouped together generate the noise but i cant see anything to encourage this in the short term.

I just want us to create the sort of atmosphere we did under Redknapp at the lane or under Poch during our final season at the lane (to be fair even then you would have people moaning telling you to ”sit down” or spend the entire time moaning at the players.) but it was louder than it has been ever since.

I wish these twats would fuck off and give up their ticket for people who actually go to support the team and sing their heart out, I honestly can’t stand football tourists, Wembley was full of them and I don't want our new place to suffer the same fate with these miserable cunts who only seem to half-heartedly sing when things are going well.

The ”twelth man” is no joke, that kind of support really can turn a poor result into a good one sometimes and it feels like some of our supporters enjoy the misery sometimes.
I agree with this 100% mate but you are going to have to make your peace with it as it's with us to stay and probably will only get worse. I'm talking about the corp tickets here, it's not just football but every sport from Cricket, Horse Racing to Motor Racing. However, whilst they have eaten large chinks of the ground up at least this new stadium is for the 'normal' fan, albeit still with hugely expensive tickets.

If you really want to get angry then the problem is 100% with the people who sell their seats on, I'm not talking about those that can't make a game and use ticket exchange, I'm talking about those that hold an ST with the sole aim of selling on, with the sole aim of making money out of Spurs fans. These cunts are the ones solely responsible for the deterioration of the atmosphere and the increase in the price of tickets, they are the ones that are creating the market.

In my experience they are also the ones that winge about the cost of their ST going up and the atmosphere, you couldn't make it up. Utter wankers.

In England it's all about the away fans. Our away support is great and normally singing through the whole game (I've never actually made it to an away game but seems like that on TV anyway).

As someone said here before maybe having all these areas to drink and sing before and after the game will get people sing other songs other than just the common ones.

I don't know why we don't sing more songs about ex players and managers during the games. Should be singing about ledleys knee, Martin jols (lack of) hair and rafa vdv every game!

I think it's going to take a little while for our fans to get over the Wembley hangover. We were so devoid of a soul for almost two years that we forgot what it's like to EXPECT singing from all sides of the ground. May take longer than we realise to get back to the norm.
When have we had singing from all sides of the ground? Was opposite the south stand, it was incredibly loud.

Back
Top Bottom