The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think what you want ... it's sad that you derive such pleasure from being a negative cunt ... but it's a free world so whatever makes you happy
Exactly how was I being negative?

I asked for a link to your claim - Spurs canvassed the local pubs and cafes after the two test events, overwhelmingly they fed back that business was very good - that's all. You can't provide one.

Palace fan here in peace..sort of.

Firstly congratulations on what is a magnificent facility and one you must be truly Proud of. Teething issues in our bit was the beer kept running out and the infrastructure getting away was fucking awful. Your noise level was excellent when you bothered to sing, but to have “ come on you Spurs” displayed on your electronic screen to encourage you to join in is truly gut wrenchingly embarrassing .

I don’t normally register of other fans boards but on this occasion I thought you would Like to hear what I’m about to say.

I’m sorry to tell you this but new stadium but still a segment of muggy fans. We left the stadium only came down the stairs at the back only to be attacked by some of your big hard lads. I am aware (and can provide photos) of a lady (I believe to be a spurs fan) to be knocked out of her wheelchair when your lot charged the Palace fans. The fighting broke out between both sets of supporters and a 15 school girl I know was taken to an ambulance with a shoulder injury (spoke to her this morning not serious) this injury was caused by the police on horseback trying to separate the two groups. Really Spurs? You have a great new stadium that will last you through to the next century, but some of your fans dragging your name back to the 1970’s.

That all said, on the flip side, I did meet a couple of older Spurs lads who we had a great chat/banter with. Someone will pick up on the “flair” in the Palace end, and before you say anything not acceptable I agree,

Come on Spurs this is 2019.
Cock.

Yeah, without Eriksen's 11 assists, 6 goals, double the key passes of everyone except Trippier, seeing more ball than Sissoko in games, tackling the same amount, we'd be where we are now. And without Sissoko's 1.3 tackles a game, inability to make an incisive pass if his life depended on it, inability to receive the ball under pressure - and point a lot - we'd be fucked.

Bollocks.

You quote stats about Eriksen, but other than the tackle stat, everything you say about Sissoko is an opinion, and a bad one

not really - i think tickets on the door first come first served will improve. In reality generally younger males grouped together generate the noise but i cant see anything to encourage this in the short term.
The demographic of Spurs support - and pretty much all of the Premier League Clubs - has been getting older (and therefore less 'lairy') year on year, overwhelmingly due to the exorbitant cost of entry. That's why you'll never hear a 'wall of noise' at the NWHL like you will at Dortmund, their support being made up of early teens to mid twenties, willing to jump around and sing for 90+ minutes.

Was there any reason why there was a reduced capacity last night? Looked like the first few rows in the north stand were empty.

I read something on twitter I believe it was where the THST had mentioned a couple of thousand seats were being held back as a precaution for whatever reason.

It definitely was a sellout but at restrictions self imposed due to being the opening day or something along those lines.

I have to agree that there were silent moments during the game. Especially when Rose lost the ball for the nth time and we were passing the ball around for minutes on end while they defended with 18 men and a flag. I stood as much as the stewards allowed us, but they were walking around and taking photos of people standing, this ending in arguments and people not focusing on the game.

As of the singing I dont know what people are expecting. The crowd is just a bunch of bitter men and middleclass couples spending their time on instagram during the game. I had to call in sick today because I have no voice and a fever but even I struggled to stand and sing for 90 minutes. What the fuck am I supposed to shout for 90min? COYS on repeat? Dele and Sonny? Yiddo is fun for a few times but its cringe.

England stadiums lack something that central/east european countries have . A fucking DRUMMER surrounded by a crowd of young energetic fans. My home city club even has a guy that climbs out onto the pitch (just past the stewards) and faces the crowd and fucking leads the singing. With something like that its easy to keep the crowd going. All you need is a drum and then ppl can go on endlessly with the oooOOOOoooOOOOOOOoooOOO fuckerry. That is what creates the noise, not a sterile environment surrounded by Burberry coats and a Curry stand.....

The noise at football matches is supposed to ebb and flow though, the german teams just making constant noise at the same tone and volume don't drive their teams on....it just becomes a background noise

I read something on twitter I believe it was where the THST had mentioned a couple of thousand seats were being held back as a precaution for whatever reason.

It definitely was a sellout but at restrictions self imposed due to being the opening day or something along those lines.
Might have been some weird compromise with Police for opening midweek at night.

Rewatching the game last night and the highlights this morning, the audio feed from NBCSN was all over the place. Not sure if this was the broadcaster or the mic setup, but some work to be done there.

I have literally been there, numerous times on away days and it’s always had a great atmosphere, how else would I even know? I don't watch their games on TV.
You must be getting on then, 'cos Anfield has had a shit atmosphere for years' now. Most of the noise generated by visiting support. Klopp has even come out on a couple of occasions to appeal for more home backing and singing.

Back
Top Bottom