The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The middle tier concourse area of the north stand is quite small.
One main bar area and a couple of tap rooms places. I don’t see they can do much there. Didn’t look at north lower though.

Also where I sit becomes Away section in domestic cups as well.
Got me thinking last night where we would be moved to and if it was a big game QF FA cup for example how many tickets would be available to members if you have to give the away club 15%.

Guess they are banking on ST holders not going to provide extra tickets?
There seemed to be a noticeable number of empty seats in the middle corporate tiers as well.
Which would suggest adding more corporate is not needed right now.
Didn't get to do much walking around and as a consequence didn't go to the North Stand but would hope that supply and demand wins out, rather than pandering to the corp or Premium punter (I absolutely get why we do this but feel we have enough for them in this build).

I loved the views in that middle tier and was deliberating whether to take up a seat in there but felt that a) the away allocation might change my seat which I didn't want b) was also a bit nervous of being moved or priced out as I feared that middle tier would eventually turn into to Premium.

As for empty seats, I didn't see many, other than a front couple of rows in the Paxton, which was odd but a mate said the same as you that some of the posh ones were empty. I guess this is either because they are unsold or those that have bought them are not Spurs fans, as is the case with so many of this type of seating, bought by a betting firm to giveaway to their punters in competitions or Companies take a box to reward their clients or their employee of the month.

Palace fan here in peace..sort of.

Firstly congratulations on what is a magnificent facility and one you must be truly Proud of. Teething issues in our bit was the beer kept running out and the infrastructure getting away was fucking awful. Your noise level was excellent when you bothered to sing, but to have “ come on you Spurs” displayed on your electronic screen to encourage you to join in is truly gut wrenchingly embarrassing .

I don’t normally register of other fans boards but on this occasion I thought you would Like to hear what I’m about to say.

I’m sorry to tell you this but new stadium but still a segment of muggy fans. We left the stadium only came down the stairs at the back only to be attacked by some of your big hard lads. I am aware (and can provide photos) of a lady (I believe to be a spurs fan) to be knocked out of her wheelchair when your lot charged the Palace fans. The fighting broke out between both sets of supporters and a 15 school girl I know was taken to an ambulance with a shoulder injury (spoke to her this morning not serious) this injury was caused by the police on horseback trying to separate the two groups. Really Spurs? You have a great new stadium that will last you through to the next century, but some of your fans dragging your name back to the 1970’s.

That all said, on the flip side, I did meet a couple of older Spurs lads who we had a great chat/banter with. Someone will pick up on the “flair” in the Palace end, and before you say anything not acceptable I agree,

Come on Spurs this is 2019.
So you have numerous people who attended the game who have basically said the same thing I have but because someone wasn’t at the game but could quite clearly hear there was a poor atmosphere from certain sections they aren’t allowed to make an observation?

But if someone was at the game and made the same observation that’s suddenly allowed and is ok?

That must mean we should surely shut the forum down then because the same thing must stand for commenting on the players performances? If people aren’t attending the game then people have no right to comment on how the players performed either right?

You’re a fucking imbecile.

I am willing to bet everything I own on the fact I have attended more games over the last 30 years than you have and I can tell you right now I have been to plenty of games where the atmosphere was dogshit and have said the same thing.

Makes no difference if I was there or not, I have a pair of ears and if it wasn’t for me being incredibly unwell I would have gone and sung from minute 1.

The comments about people in the wall asking others to sit down is utterly pathetic as well, the wall was purposefully built for noise, these are the sort of “fans” you should be moaning at, not me.

Frankly you pair of cunts can both fuck off. Wankers

Frankly you pair of cunts can both fuck off. Wankers

Yeah nice one, compare me to a troll from another team who has purposefully signed up on a wind up.

All I fucking said was that the atmosphere sounded shit on my stream last night and then had some utter cunt jump down my throat crying like a baby about it because it hurt his feelings, I have repeated literally what fans AT THE GAME have said and somehow that makes me a cunt lol.

Pathetic.

The stadium is awesome, the occasion was special, the match was won, Son and Sissoko share MOTM. We should have scored more.

Well done to the South Stand, they were making the noises, they had all the passion and we just followed them.

I have to agree that there were silent moments during the game. Especially when Rose lost the ball for the nth time and we were passing the ball around for minutes on end while they defended with 18 men and a flag. I stood as much as the stewards allowed us, but they were walking around and taking photos of people standing, this ending in arguments and people not focusing on the game.

As of the singing I dont know what people are expecting. The crowd is just a bunch of bitter men and middleclass couples spending their time on instagram during the game. I had to call in sick today because I have no voice and a fever but even I struggled to stand and sing for 90 minutes. What the fuck am I supposed to shout for 90min? COYS on repeat? Dele and Sonny? Yiddo is fun for a few times but its cringe.

England stadiums lack something that central/east european countries have . A fucking DRUMMER surrounded by a crowd of young energetic fans. My home city club even has a guy that climbs out onto the pitch (just past the stewards) and faces the crowd and fucking leads the singing. With something like that its easy to keep the crowd going. All you need is a drum and then ppl can go on endlessly with the oooOOOOoooOOOOOOOoooOOO fuckerry. That is what creates the noise, not a sterile environment surrounded by Burberry coats and a Curry stand.....

I have to agree that there were silent moments during the game. Especially when Rose lost the ball for the nth time and we were passing the ball around for minutes on end while they defended with 18 men and a flag. I stood as much as the stewards allowed us, but they were walking around and taking photos of people standing, this ending in arguments and people not focusing on the game.

As of the singing I dont know what people are expecting. The crowd is just a bunch of bitter men and middleclass couples spending their time on instagram during the game. I had to call in sick today because I have no voice and a fever but even I struggled to stand and sing for 90 minutes. What the fuck am I supposed to shout for 90min? COYS on repeat? Dele and Sonny? Yiddo is fun for a few times but its cringe.

England stadiums lack something that central/east european countries have . A fucking DRUMMER surrounded by a crowd of young energetic fans. My home city club even has a guy that climbs out onto the pitch (just past the stewards) and faces the crowd and fucking leads the singing. With something like that its easy to keep the crowd going. All you need is a drum and then ppl can go on endlessly with the oooOOOOoooOOOOOOOoooOOO fuckerry. That is what creates the noise, not a sterile environment surrounded by Burberry coats and a Curry stand.....

What’s depressing is, Anfield has a great atmosphere and I utterly detest Liverpool, Dortmund also has a great atmosphere.

I do agree a drum would be a great addition but then you would just get some moaning cunt complaining about how it’s too noisy and they just want to sit down and watch the game.

This is what annoys me, these type of ”supporters” are going to ruin that south stand.

What’s depressing is, Anfield has a great atmosphere and I utterly detest Liverpool, Dortmund also has a great atmosphere.

I do agree a drum would be a great addition but then you would just get some moaning cunt complaining about how it’s too noisy and they just want to sit down and watch the game.

This is what annoys me, these type of ”supporters” are going to ruin that south stand.

Anfield having a great atmosphere is the biggest myth in football.

The man who says Eriksen (this league’s most productive creator over the last four years) is “shit” and always has been, calls me a maverick.

Yes sammy, has think Sissoko is a technically poor footballer and his constant inclusion is a major contributor (but definitely not the only one) to why we have rarely performed great this season.

I think it’s really poor tactically for Poch to put a player who is technically uncomfortable on the ball, receiving it under pressure etc, in a position that makes it harder for us to play out.

I think he was actually decent last night, but I think he’s been fucking atrocious for much of the last 2/3 months.
But I also think Poch constantly playing him in midfield, especially in CM2’s is stupid and counter early ntuitive on Poch’s part.

Against a team like palace, who don’t want to compete for possession, we got away with it, but as we’ve seen for much of this season,especially the last couple of months, that’s been found out too often.

I’m not raving about Trippier, I would much rather see KWP out there getting more game time, and I’ve said I wouldn’t even mind seeing Aurier given a run of games. I just think Trippier gets unfairly scapegoated, and is no where near as bad as some make out.

And Eriksen is a fucking great little footballer and has been our most influential offensive player generally, consistently, for the last few years.

And if all of that takes you “out” then that’s just an unexpected bonus.
I think that is why Dele was gold last night, he was picking up the ball from the defenders and he is totally comfortable dealing with pressure, good luck taking the ball without fouling him. That meant Sissoko didn't have to think about it really and could do other things.

Some people were complaining that Dele wasn't creating enough, and putting him deeper does rob us of his creativity and goal threat, but he did a really good job for the team last night. It is not like having Dembele at his best for sure, but Poch found an effective answer to a problem we have had.

Best case would be to replace Dembele and let Dele get back to a more attacking role.

Anfield absolutely 100% doesn't have a great atmosphere! It's no different to most PL clubs. I go to Anfield almost every year and for the most part, it's quite, they were very quiet against us the other week (I thought we were too if I'm being honest).

They have an anthem, that is sung by the whole stadium, but just like West Ham's these days it's only done when the PA system cranks it up, so when the club tells them to do so.

Where I think Liverpool are great is on a European night against a big side they come out onto the streets in their thousands, I do envy this. Inside the stadium, on these nights they do create a great noise but so do we (Inter, Madrid, Dortmund, Juve etc...).

Delighted to get the win and settle any nerves about playing back home. Thought they did well tbf, a bit of composure lacking final third and giving the ball away a bit easily at times but fully deserved the win and palace did their very best to spoil the party.
Desperately need to finish the season winning every home game and the cherries away now-that will get us third more than likely and is totally doable:)

I thought the noise sounded incredible for the majority of the match on nbcsn tbh, dunno what people are talking about. As joe said I think theres always lulls in games esp like last night on the half hour mark where you could hear palace.
What i would love to see/hear is a longer song that keeps going and going for us, the COYS and when the spurs are difficult to keep going for more than a few mins. Entries on a postcard.
Can't wait to get over myself.

Everything looked and sounded great to me apart from the fucking massive red AIA shit coming across the ad boards every five mins-found myself getting a bit annoyed by that if I am honest.

liverpool has a shit atmosphere 95% of games, Dortmund is loud and constant but has no bearing on the game, it has no flow or impact like english crowds wouldnt want it.

I think that is why Dele was gold last night, he was picking up the ball from the defenders and he is totally comfortable dealing with pressure, good luck taking the ball without fouling him. That meant Sissoko didn't have to think about it really and could do other things.

Some people were complaining that Dele wasn't creating enough, and putting him deeper does rob us of his creativity and goal threat, but he did a really good job for the team last night. It is not like having Dembele at his best for sure, but Poch found an effective answer to a problem we have had.

Best case would be to replace Dembele and let Dele get back to a more attacking role.

I think Alli got through a shit load of ball last night, and that was good, and having someone who would take the ball off the defence definitely helped, but I was still a bit frustrated with him at times. There were quite a few times when he had grass in front of him and he turned backwards. For a very skilful player his first touch can also be oddly heavy at times too, which means what he does next is rushed. And we just didn't move the ball quick enough or incisively enough through midfield at times.

He did a decent job last night but it's hard to evaluate as Palace were so deep and passive and reluctant to have possession. I think he'd be better as an 8 in a CM3 set up, especially on tougher days.

I’m a massive advocate of a drum, people turn their noses up at it or call it ‘fake atmosphere’ but it’d be a lot better than 15 minutes of pure silence

Last edited:
Anfield absolutely 100% doesn't have a great atmosphere! It's no different to most PL clubs. I go to Anfield almost every year and for the most part, it's quite, they were very quiet against us the other week (I thought we were too if I'm being honest).

They have an anthem, that is sung by the whole stadium, but just like West Ham's these days it's only done when the PA system cranks it up, so when the club tells them to do so.

Where I think Liverpool are great is on a European night against a big side they come out onto the streets in their thousands, I do envy this. Inside the stadium, on these nights they do create a great noise but so do we (Inter, Madrid, Dortmund, Juve etc...).

I just want us to create the sort of atmosphere we did under Redknapp at the lane or under Poch during our final season at the lane (to be fair even then you would have people moaning telling you to ”sit down” or spend the entire time moaning at the players.) but it was louder than it has been ever since.

I wish these twats would fuck off and give up their ticket for people who actually go to support the team and sing their heart out, I honestly can’t stand football tourists, Wembley was full of them and I don't want our new place to suffer the same fate with these miserable cunts who only seem to half-heartedly sing when things are going well.

The ”twelth man” is no joke, that kind of support really can turn a poor result into a good one sometimes and it feels like some of our supporters enjoy the misery sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom