The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ironically the only post I've read this morning was from the Middle age Palace fan dressed in black, so will take the time throughout the morning to trawl through them.

What a fucking stadium!!! I think by now we were all expecting something special, we've spent the last how many years ogling at what must be 10's of thousands of pictures but even that doesn't prepare you when you first walk up the steps to your entrance, then onto the concourses and that step out of the vomitory with the pitch coming into view. That feeling, seeing the pitch for the first time was, I'm not kidding, the same as my first visit to WHL back in the 70's!!!!

I'm delighted with my seat, been so nervous about where I should be and probably overthought the whole thing but what's most important is that I'm around a bunch of people that all seem decent and all sing!!!

The opening ceremony was perfect, nothing cringe, no open-top buses, no taxi's trying to convince everyone we are a "London" club, selling us a "London" brand. It was understated and more importantly about Tottenham, the link with the community is the DNA of this club, it requires a lot of work but I think so much is in place already (Foundation at Percy House) that will connect the club back with its community again. Because in 5yrs from now, when the paint fades along with the deep blue of the seats, it's the surrounding community that will provide the key to whether this stadium becomes a 365 day a year destination (earns the club money).

Looking almost over the South Stand, when a song is sung it puts the hairs on your neck to attention, I can only see this getting better when the new fans in their learn some other songs that those in the corner sung but didn't quite carry to the whole stand.

For those moaning about transport links = what the fuck were you expecting! Old Trafford is worse by miles. Welcome to the big time because this is what it looks like, you know with 60k fans, just as it was in the 60's, when we were big. BTW I had a mate who went to Tottenham Hale who said it was deserted.

What a wonderful problem for Daniel to sort out, we ran out of beer!!!!!!

As for the game: Palace did their best to stop us playing football, defending with 10 behind the ball and showing zero ambition to get into our final third. I thought we moved the ball well, could have been quicker and maybe lacked a bit of variety but was still good to see Eriksen having an influence on the game, he was finding loads of pockets and we were finding him, his control and the ball to him could have been better though. I thought Rose, Sissoko, Eriksen, Dele, Davies and Son were all very good.

I'll leave it there as I wasn't as into the game as much as I was into the stadium, which only leaves me to say well done Poch and the boys for not getting caught up and distracted by the stadium and focus on the game which you absolutely dominated throughout.

So fucking good to be back, West London, East London, South London.......TOTTENHAM.

Up The Spurs!

Last edited:
5.45 am kick off down under, so I decided not to sleep for fear of missing the game.

Had all six speakers buzzing in the lounge ( poor wife ), and fook the neighbours :)

I thought the atmosphere both visually and acoustically was sensational. I can only imagine the feeling of being inside the stadium itself.

Magnifico, well done to all that went... I hate/envy u lot lol.....

:eriksenlol:

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Palace fan here in peace..sort of.

Firstly congratulations on what is a magnificent facility and one you must be truly Proud of. Teething issues in our bit was the beer kept running out and the infrastructure getting away was fucking awful. Your noise level was excellent when you bothered to sing, but to have “ come on you Spurs” displayed on your electronic screen to encourage you to join in is truly gut wrenchingly embarrassing .

I don’t normally register of other fans boards but on this occasion I thought you would Like to hear what I’m about to say.

I’m sorry to tell you this but new stadium but still a segment of muggy fans. We left the stadium only came down the stairs at the back only to be attacked by some of your big hard lads. I am aware (and can provide photos) of a lady (I believe to be a spurs fan) to be knocked out of her wheelchair when your lot charged the Palace fans. The fighting broke out between both sets of supporters and a 15 school girl I know was taken to an ambulance with a shoulder injury (spoke to her this morning not serious) this injury was caused by the police on horseback trying to separate the two groups. Really Spurs? You have a great new stadium that will last you through to the next century, but some of your fans dragging your name back to the 1970’s.

That all said, on the flip side, I did meet a couple of older Spurs lads who we had a great chat/banter with. Someone will pick up on the “flair” in the Palace end, and before you say anything not acceptable I agree,

Come on Spurs this is 2019.

I hate violence, but I'm also slightly glad that our support retains an 'edge'.

When I go to scum away I have absolutely no nervousness about their fans doing or saying anything to us, you can breeze through signing Spurs songs at the top of your voice and no one even dares to look at you.

The more of the complaints about the stadium I see, the more it reminds me of a kid who opens up a present at Christmas and feels disappointed afterwards.

The build-up and anticipation becomes so much that you go into an event like this expecting nothing but perfection, when the reality is that there will always be teething problems. Even if the event is brilliant (which it absolutely was), you still come out of it feeling a little bit let down.

A bit of perspective. This was history. This is our home.

The more of the complaints about the stadium I see, the more it reminds me of a kid who opens up a present at Christmas and feels disappointed afterwards.

The build-up and anticipation becomes so much that you go into an event like this expecting nothing but perfection, when the reality is that there will always be teething problems. Even if the event is brilliant (which it absolutely was), you still come out of it feeling a little bit let down.

A bit of perspective. This was history. This is our home.

Not sure anyone can have any complaints beyond 'people' - fans need to find their place and their voices, staff need to get to know their jobs, and the caterers need to get to know the levels of demand.

The best thing about yesterday was that for the first time in ages I wasn't obsessing over Brexit!

It's home, it's OUR home. Over time it will generate the best atmosphere in England, of that I have no doubt.

We do need to find a suitable new song for Spurs, it's a new era after all. Sorry but Barry Manilow doesn't cut it.

We need a song about hope and strength and togetherness or something like that anyway. Oh and crucially one we can sing along to, that's pretty important.

:pochsmirk:

in the late 80s a lot of firms chose to sit, to get away from their bonehead fan bases. Huge MYTH that fans have never chosen to sit.

Fucking hell, I never ever thought I would agree with Clash, yet here I am agreeing with him.

You're a numpty.

I was just about to give him a X and I thought hang on, he’s right

And it was about Blakey so sorted

I only saw brief highlights of the game so have read through the thread and it seems Sissoko played well in most people’s eyes but that doesn’t cut any ice with Blakey

I’m not keen on Trippier but if he plays well I’m delighted because he’s wearing our shirt

Well, I had three old blokes behind me getting annoyed because I was apparently sitting wrong... I honestly don’t know why some people go to live football when they seem to hate everything about it.

How can you be sitting wrong ffs?

Back
Top Bottom