The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Svensen9 I understand you’re Danish, but no goals in 4 years from free kicks is a damning statistic. Are you a Spurs fan or an Eriksen fan?
Nop I'm German, he had scored one against juve and like I said the Kane claimed goal in the prem, there were also many close ones too. I am a tottenham fan but obviously Eriksen is my favourite player, and I just don't like this trend, making him much worse than he is since the possibilty of him leaving is high, yes he was underperforming in a few matches but any player does this (maybe with messi this is rare) Eriksen doesn't deserve this for all the years he was performing here

Nop I'm German, he had scored one against juve and like I said the Kane claimed goal in the prem, there were also many close ones too. I am a tottenham fan but obviously Eriksen is my favourite player, and I just don't like this trend, making him much worse than he is since the possibilty of him leaving is high, yes he was underperforming in a few matches but any player does this (maybe with messi this is rare) Eriksen doesn't deserve this for all the years he was performing here
I’ve been a huge fan of him as other posters will testify. He has frustrated me recently because I know he’s capable of much more.

I still love the fucker despite what has looked like a chronic lack of focus this term.

I watched the one where Eriksen saw ahitloads of ball, was constantly trying to create/do things, won the ball and set up the first then scored the second.

Maybe if he was more of a unit and made angry faces you’d notice him?

The only issue with Christian is the quality around him not getting the best out of him as a player.

He need to sharpen up his corners and set pieces which for me are unacceptable but he's a class footballer, we should all be desperate for him to re-sign.

PS, he's equal for assists this season now I believe, unless Hazards nabbed one tonight. 11 assists with 6 games left is far better than people are giving him credit for

You are a fucking wag.

Let’s ignore the whole season, the complete mess and fucking hiatus where our midfield should be the last few games without Winks, and judge it based on a festival ground opening home game against a team who don’t want the ball in midfield.

Even then It wasn’t until Winks came on that I saw a midfielder move the ball with a bit of fucking vim.
Yet stil outperforming Rose,Tripper, Dele and Eriksen

The final third is our problem.

It doesn’t take much to see that, you just need to be able to say “I know Kane,Dele and Eriksen are poster boys, but they’ve become predictable and laboured”

I think we’ll see some new character when we replace Eriksen in the summer, and hopefully it will give the rest of the attack a lift

Regarding the full backs I don’t know how anyone can rate Rose and not Tripper.
Both equally ineffectual, but at least Trippier has the excuse of having a bad season while Rose is playing out of his skin

Is it just me among those who weren't there who really enjoyed it?

I thought we played well against a very well organised defense, good team performance but with loads of individual positives - Eriksen on form, Dele growing into his CM role, Ben Davies strong, Sissoko not phased by Sundat (defensively at least), Danny Rose dangerous further forward, Trippier far from awful, Hugo pulling off two fine saves...

Is it just me among those who weren't there who really enjoyed it?

I thought we played well against a very well organised defense, good team performance but with loads of individual positives - Eriksen on form, Dele growing into his CM role, Ben Davies strong, Sissoko not phased by Sundat (defensively at least), Danny Rose dangerous further forward, Trippier far from awful, Hugo pulling off two fine saves...
Totally agree.

Yet stil outperforming Rose,Tripper, Dele and Eriksen

The final third is our problem.

It doesn’t take much to see that, you just need to be able to say “I know Kane,Dele and Eriksen are poster boys, but they’ve become predictable and laboured”

I think we’ll see some new character when we replace Eriksen in the summer, and hopefully it will give the rest of the attack a lift

Regarding the full backs I don’t know how anyone can rate Rose and not Tripper.
Both equally ineffectual, but at least Trippier has the excuse of having a bad season while Rose is playing out of his skin

Outperformed Eriksen? Who did?

It’s not character we lack. It’s fucking brains.

The reason we have been performing badly all season isn’t because Sissoko’s not athletic enough or brave enough.

It has been years since we have not won a league match for so long and the nervous feelings we had then were evident. Nothing seemed to be coming off until we finally got a break. Just glad we got the 2nd as those last few mins would have been unbearable. Hopefully now we have won the nerves will fall away and we can start returning to the form seen earlier in the season.. A win is so so important.

Back
Top Bottom