Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CtyaAe7WAAAnmv1.jpg

Blinding performance and even better result. Although I am of the mind that the Result is Everything, when we play as well as we did today, there is nothing that beats the feeling of coming out on top on a team everyone expects to bowl us over. TBH, I don't give a toss what anybody says/writes about us, they can go and swizzle for all I care. As long as we can keep this going, they will just have to eat their words. I was unable to pick a MOTM, that was a complete team performance and everybody deserves a huge pat on the back.
Only jarring thing for me was the battle between Son & Lamela to take the penalty, it was right in front of me and that's the first time I've seen our players turn on each other - Poch needs to ensure that it doesn't happen again - why on earth wasn't it agreed before the match started, for pete's sake. This is when having a keeper for captain is a disadvantage - an outfielder would have nipped it in the bud.
Thought the ref was a disgrace, poor Danny was kicked so often and he gave him no protection whatsover. Also, two of theirs were kicking Dele on the ankle, right in front of the ref, they were doing everything to get him to bite, thank goodness both of them kept their cool.
Apart from the result, how great to see Mr P looking so well at half time (if you were at the game, you might have heard me scream!). Not only that, on the way home, I saw him and Tony Galvin on the High Street, just by the building site for the new ground. Managed to say hello and shake both their hands (might have gone for a photo but I was eating chips at the time and stinking of vinegar!).
COYS

Last edited:
And there we have it. The so called, most influential football writer in England thinks we copied fucking Celtic. What a clueless cunt.

Look at that face, stare at it and tell me you don't get an urge to punch it. Smug, pompous, Self-righteousness, arrogant cunt.
A3I08xIA.jpg

OK ok ok ...

Danish studio hosts bringing us down to earth again:

"... This Spurs team today is almost Liverpool-esque, you can see how the are taking elements from Liverpools style and utilising it well..."

:dembele:

I've warned you before, Mrs P.

I know you're excited, but this is no place for that type of language....
I have a massive confession to make, my language does get a bit flowery at games, I was so incensed by the ref at one stage, I stood up and called him the 'c' word, and you know how much I hate that word. I sat down very quickly and prayed that the stewards didn't hear me, I would never live down the shame.

Last edited:
Lamela selfish cunt, stole penalty from Son and missed it could have been 3-0
Absolute nonsense. Lamela is our 2nd penalty taker. It was Son being selfish by not following Poch's rules.

If Lamela had ''stolen'' anything Poch wouldn't have given him a positive pep talk after the miss, he'd have bollocksed him.

Unless, of course, you think during the season last year or 5 games into the season this year Poch suddenly made Son our 2nd penalty taker.

Son was out of order.

Absolutely astonishing the things people will pick on to have a pop at Lamela. Everyone misses penalties.

That said, my opinion is that Eriksen should have taken the penalty. He is our best spot kick taker.

Lamela put in his normal shift. Endless intensity on both sides of the pitch. If he makes the penalty, it's a MOTM type performance. Unfortunately he misses it, so he is shite. He can't win.

Back
Top Bottom