Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is the right approach here then? Play them at their own game? Sit back and play on the break?
I think we should go for the throat from the first whistle and let the chips fall where they may. If we get hammered so be it, we will know where we are. I would rather that than sit back and lose 1-0.

What is the right approach here then? Play them at their own game? Sit back and play on the break?
I think we should go for the throat from the first whistle and let the chips fall where they may. If we get hammered so be it, we will know where we are. I would rather that than sit back and lose 1-0.
Having players like Son and Lamela running at Stones should test him, and Janssen can bully Kolarov if he starts in the centre of defence. We'll definitely have a go at them, and we've got the best defence in the league to hopefully take care of Aguero. A win here is a real statement for us, 3-1 spurs.

Pochettino will be looking at all that Swansea footage and see how they had City pinned back.

We are better than Swansea, with better players, alot more creative, better defensively and press twice as much. This is City's first big test considering we are a settled team with a settled manager, unbeaten and with the best defensive record in the league.

I hope Dembele is atleast fit for this because he's the exact type we need to beat these. Although we beat them at home without him last year, I believe?

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dembele - Wanyama
Lamela - Eriksen - Son
Janssen

1-1​

A win against City this season will not only give our boys a huge burst of confidence, but I think will make everyone take notice that we mean business. If we play our game and bring it to them, I believe we can get the better of them.

We need to run at them, peg them back and put their mistake-prone defence under severe pressure.
I'm very happy Joe Hart is not playing and without De Bruyne is a bonus too.

Certainly a very winnable fixture where we are second favourites, akthough we're at home.

Think most Spurs fans will be very happy if we have a right go, even if we don't keep the three points. We all know that City won't win all games this season, why not cast the first stone?

Crush the bastards!
:dembelewtf:

Well, this will be a proper test. I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. I've been really impressed with Pep's City so far. They have some fine, fine players.

I'll be watching from behind the sofa with my fingers over my eyes, fidgeting uncontrollably. I'm not sure my ticker can take it.

Top of the table clash-lets perform as billed. My feelings are that we will not lose this and have every chance to turn them over. Get win at CSKA, Then play our best 11 against City, all out, result. COYS

Well, this will be a proper test. I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. I've been really impressed with Pep's City so far. They have some fine, fine players.

I'll be watching from behind the sofa with my fingers over my eyes, fidgeting uncontrollably. I'm not sure my ticker can take it.

I think that most of us expected to see Spurs murdered at WHL last season, and we absolutely dominated them. I think that the way we play is set up almost perfectly to exploit the errors that City do make. My fear is that when we get our chances we're not going to capitalize on them. Every midfielder needs to be, at a minimum, putting shots on target every time. We can't afford wasted shots. I think this is going to be very close, 3-2 to the Lilywhites.

Citeh are a very good side but don't understand the lack of optimism by some. They have looked vulnerable at the back and they have had a pretty easy start to the schedule. United was a big result but aside from them they have played Sunderland, Stoke, Bournemouth,Spammers and Swansea.

We should and will get at them. I think it will be key to get back Rose and Dembele back for this one. If that is the case I really fancy our chances.

• Spurs-most consecutive League victories from start of a top flight season: 11 (1960).
  • City are looking to equal this on the weekend against us.
This should add spice and motivation not to lose.

Loved that game, but can't stand that Spurs commentator. Just sounds like a teenager in his room dubbing over footage.

YES!!! At last! I hate that guy. every year I buy the season review I forget this guy does like 70% of the games! ,am I hate him!

Press, press, press.

City, especially at the back, are dreadful against teams that press and fluster them. if you sit back they're simply going to play one touch football and rip through you.

They will score and they'll concede too. No point defending when you know this. Their weakness is in defence.

Back
Top Bottom