Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela put in his normal shift. Endless intensity on both sides of the pitch. If he makes the penalty, it's a MOTM type performance. Unfortunately he misses it, so he is shite. He can't win.

Lamela selfish cunt, stole penalty from Son and missed it could have been 3-0
Absolute nonsense. Lamela is our 2nd penalty taker. It was Son being selfish by not following Poch's rules.

If Lamela had ''stolen'' anything Poch wouldn't have given him a positive pep talk after the miss, he'd have bollocksed him.

Unless, of course, you think during the season last year or 5 games into the season this year Poch suddenly made Son our 2nd penalty taker.

Son was out of order.

Absolutely astonishing the things people will pick on to have a pop at Lamela. Everyone misses penalties.

That said, my opinion is that Eriksen should have taken the penalty. He is our best spot kick taker.

It was a poor penalty because their goalkeeper psyched him out by standing too one side, leaving a big space, before the actual penalty. This tactic makes the pen taker think psychologically think "I'll put it there because it's a bigger gap." Thing is, the goalie then moved over the middle so you have to outsmart the goalie and send it either the other way or down the middle. I'd have hit it down the middle. But to be fair to Lamela, the dispute with Son was not helpful for preparing your thinking. Poch will make sure that situation never happens again, thankfully.

This just how's how little of a one man team we are.. the performance today was exceptional. Poch got it spot on!

We really mean business this year, and seem to be getting the balance right between UCL and PL, shows how important our summer business was.

Good work lads, now let's have no injuries from the international break and go again at West Brom.

It was a poor penalty because their goalkeeper psyched him out by standing too one side, leaving a big space, before the actual penalty. This tactic makes the pen taker think psychologically think "I'll put it there because it's a bigger gap." Thing is, the goalie then moved over the middle so you have to outsmart the goalie and send it either the other way or down the middle. I'd have hit it down the middle. But to be fair to Lamela, the dispute with Son was not helpful for preparing your thinking. Poch will make sure that situation never happens again, thankfully.

Although we fucked it up I thought the Goalie played it absolutely perfectly too, great psyching out then a really good save

Lamela put in his normal shift. Endless intensity on both sides of the pitch. If he makes the penalty, it's a MOTM type performance. Unfortunately he misses it, so he is shite. He can't win.
he was alright in my book today, but he needs to stop thinking too much when the ball comes to him and just play quick team ball if not one of thesedays there will be a match or two he is going to cost the team

Absolute nonsense. Lamela is our 2nd penalty taker. It was Son being selfish by not following Poch's rules.

If Lamela had ''stolen'' anything Poch wouldn't have given him a positive pep talk after the miss, he'd have bollocksed him.

Unless, of course, you think during the season last year or 5 games into the season this year Poch suddenly made Son our 2nd penalty taker.

Son was out of order.

Absolutely astonishing the things people will pick on to have a pop at Lamela. Everyone misses penalties.

That said, my opinion is that Eriksen should have taken the penalty. He is our best spot kick taker.

I feel like Eriksen would absolutely destroy penalties. I feel like he would be smashing at the mind games

14485164_882056258591269_7886805470503955175_n.jpg
He was absolutely incredible. I can't say it enough.

I knew Kenyans liked to run but fucking hell man.
:wanyama:

Back
Top Bottom