Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_oefn8a8Qxb1u9ikt0o2_500.gif

UNIT

Blinding performance and even better result. Although I am of the mind that the Result is Everything, when we play as well as we did today, there is nothing that beats the feeling of coming out on top on a team everyone expects to bowl us over. TBH, I don't give a toss what anybody says/writes about us, they can go and swizzle for all I care. As long as we can keep this going, they will just have to eat their words. I was unable to pick a MOTM, that was a complete team performance and everybody deserves a huge pat on the back.
Only jarring thing for me was the battle between Son & Lamela to take the penalty, it was right in front of me and that's the first time I've seen our players turn on each other - Poch needs to ensure that it doesn't happen again - why on earth wasn't it agreed before the match started, for pete's sake. This is when having a keeper for captain is a disadvantage - an outfielder would have nipped it in the bud.
Thought the ref was a disgrace, poor Danny was kicked so often and he gave him no protection whatsover. Also, two of theirs were kicking Dele on the ankle, right in front of the ref, they were doing everything to get him to bite, thank goodness both of them kept their cool.
Apart from the result, how great to see Mr P looking so well at half time (if you were at the game, you might have heard me scream!). Not only that, on the way home, I saw him and Tony Galvin on the High Street, just by the building site for the new ground. Managed to say hello and shake both their hands (might have gone for a photo but I was eating chips at the time and stinking of vinegar!).
COYS

Last edited:
This team now has a defence that can win a Trophy, defensive midfielders who fear no man, and a forward line that interacts like a well oiled machine.

Take the high press out of this system and the last time i saw a team play this fluently Bob Paisley was their manager. I truly think that if Poch can hold onto this young teams coat tails, then we can turn any team in the PL over this season. Injuries aside we are that good.

After the game Zabaleta and Pep looked and sounded totally dazed and confused. That is one thing i'd thought i'd never witness from a Spurs post game interview from a player and Manager of the opposing team.

COYS!

Driving home and Talksport didn't even discuss the game for the whole journey home. They were talking about Manu and get this, "Is that result at WHL good news for Liverpool"?, followed by hot topic of discussion and Liverpool fans phoning in to discuss.

Haha as I write this now Tony Evans on TS first comments about the game are "Tottenham have got a problem over their mentality, just look at the penalty incident" What a fucking Scouse cunt.
Tony Evans is a blinkered scouse cunt who can't acknowledge a good team when he sees one - the mentality comment is just his way of trying to ignore the fact that we are/might be a threat. What a tosser !

Tony Evans is a blinkered scouse cunt who can't acknowledge a good team when he sees one - the mentality comment is just his way of trying to ignore the fact that we are/might be a threat. What a tosser !
He was actually very complimentary about us last year but seeing as his beloved Pool are "tipped" he has certainly changed his tune. He is coming out with some strange stuff. Put simply its pressure, his arsehole is quivering like a rabbits nose.

So much disrespect from the cunts in the MOTD2 studio. I'll include baby faced assassin Jenas in that too - his Wanyama comment was fucken ridiculous. Saying Wanyama hasn't really settled in and that this is the good performance us fans have been waiting for. Wtf - Wanyama has been one of our best players this season. Fucken Ian Wright too, praise through gritted teeth. Stupid lookin unit

So much disrespect from the cunts in the MOTD2 studio. I'll include baby faced assassin Jenas in that too - his Wanyama comment was fucken ridiculous. Saying Wanyama hasn't really settled in and that this is the good performance us fans have been waiting for. Wtf - Wanyama has been one of our best players this season. Fucken Ian Wright too, praise through gritted teeth. Stupid lookin unit
And that fucking nasal-y cunt, "chappers"

"Can Spurs win the league?, No, that's a stupid question..."

Cunt.

Back
Top Bottom