Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This team now has a defence that can win a Trophy, defensive midfielders who fear no man, and a forward line that interacts like a well oiled machine.

Take the high press out of this system and the last time i saw a team play this fluently Bob Paisley was their manager. I truly think that if Poch can hold onto this young teams coat tails, then we can turn any team in the PL over this season. Injuries aside we are that good.

After the game Zabaleta and Pep looked and sounded totally dazed and confused. That is one thing i'd thought i'd never witness from a Spurs post game interview from a player and Manager of the opposing team.

COYS!
Have a video for that interview by chance?

I only watched the second half where we seemed to have only about 25% of the possession.
There was no outlet, no one up front to hold the ball up. I assume the first half was much better for us.
The first half about bravery and invention. The second about maturity and professionalism. Nothing wrong

Very impressive from us today, we were pressing them from the start all the way down to the 94th minute. Guardiola will have a hard time playing Barca style with that defence. The full-backs are too slow imo, Stones has the potential but overplays it a lot, Otamendi... meh, and for a GK that was bought to implement Barca style, Bravo doesn't look all that confident on the ball when being pressed and takes too many risks.
Agree. The GK can only distribute well with a steady back four and a clever deep midfielder. Stones aside, the rest looked uncomfortable.

Sonny was chosen as MOM which makes him with 4 league MOMs and 5 MOMs in a row.
Great stuff! ..except for the penalty incident of course.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand you're ignored.

One too many posts aimed at winding me up and barely anything constructive.

We have a great day, a great game and you come to point score against your fellow supporters. Bit pathetic.
my life ceases to have meaning or direction

and yours - a sense of humour.......

and - BTW. It was also a constructive post as I was helping you understand the depth and quality of any of your posts "lol" Whether you choose to take note is entirely up to you.

and I'm not a citeh supporter anyway

great day out yesterday makes coming into work hanging worth it. Apart from Lamela being selfish and only thinking about himself and his ego I can't find any faults with that. The place was bouncing as well especially 2nd half, just makes me even more gutted to be leaving after this season

Agree. The GK can only distribute well with a steady back four and a clever deep midfielder. Stones aside, the rest looked uncomfortable.

The thing about Barca is their defensive minded players are so good on the ball as well as being rock solid defenders, it's case of having your cake and eating it. Good luck replicating that at man shitty.

Bluemoon is gold today

Well thats the Second game our fullbacks have been found out.....Zabba too slow fof EPL games....Kolorov should be at another club.....shambles at the back......Stones and Bravo take some credit.....midfield and defence shambolic and Sergio the invisable man 2 games in a row. ???? Need some strong words or time to sell !!!

Spurs were good but we weren't outplayed we gave as good as we got

Rose having already been booked, shortly afterwards pulls Sterling back, when he was about to cut into the box
typically cynical challenge, that to me was a definite second yellow.....

Can't be arsed reading the full thread, but my comments:
Danny Rose is a twat.
The weather was good.
Danny Rose is a dick.
The view (lower tier) was OK.
Danny Rose is a tosser.
Kolarov is a fucking idiot.
Danny Rose is a syphilitic whore.
Spurs were better all over the pitch.
Marriner is a spineless Muppet for not showing Rose a second yellow on several occasions.
And Danny Rose is a cheating ****.
And the traffic wasn't bad in either direction.
And Danny Rose should be shot.

When was the last time Navas scored?

Don't underestimate impact of Champions League.
You play away in the Champions League you are always vulnerable particularly in the next away league game. I (We traveled to Moscow, you utter cock)

Last edited:
Wanyama got MOTM.

Forgot to add 'according to BBC'

Man of the match - Son Heung-min

Son played as a lone forward for Tottenham, and City struggled with his intelligent positional play. The South Korea international did not get on the scoresheet after his recent goalscoring run but did provide a superb assist for Alli's goal

Back
Top Bottom