Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_oefbjkwzZh1tjid03o1_500.jpg

Can't believe what I just witnessed. Absolutely magnificent stuff am so so proud.

Chirpy is going to give lily an absolute nailing after that one.

After that performance I can see lily being up for some arse to mouth action tonight, he will be more than chirpy later on........

Anyway I thought Gary Neville got the man of the match right, Wanyama was immense in the middle today. Credit to everyone of them though, no one put a foot wrong( penalty aside) and the work rate was something else.

For me Alderweireld has been our most important signing but eriksen was really on it today, he worked his proverbials off

It's time to stop expecting something to go wrong or waiting for something bad to happen.

That's the old Spurs loser mentality.

Last season was no fluke. It was the beginning of something special.

After that performance I can see lily being up for some arse to mouth action tonight, he will be more than chirpy later on........

Anyway I thought Gary Neville got the man of the match right, Wanyama was immense in the middle today. Credit to everyone of them though, no one put a foot wrong( penalty aside) and the work rate was something else.

For me Alderweireld has been our most important signing but eriksen was really on it today, he worked his proverbials off
Toby is approaching Ledley levels of respect from me.

Our most important signing of the last 20 years.

Still smiling, can't believe what I've just seen. What a performance, and without Kane and Dembele to boot

Missed the game but reading all the comments that was my first thought, last season without Kane or Dembele we where fucked, and with the likes of Cameron Carter-Vickers coming through we may even have decent cover for Toby.

We can lose a few players and still do well, maybe we don't have the talent of Bale or Modric anymore but this must be the most rounded Spurs squad I can remember.

Few things of note.

1. Our defence is incredible. Jan, for me, was MOTM.
  2. Rose can come back from injury and put in an incredible shift.
  3. Sissoko needs to do far more for me. His passing, shooting and crossing is awful. Physically he's great, but technically he leaves a lot to be desired. I understand playing him today to beef up the midfield though, so fair enough.
  4. Son needs a talking to. If your team mate picks up the ball and is walking to the spot you should just walk away and leave them to it. Standing in their way and shouting at them helps no one. That was atrocious for me.
  5. Lamela should not be the penalty taker, even though Son was in the wrong. He hits his shots far too softly. Eriksen, Son and Wanyama would have all been better shouts imo.
  6. I noted in pre-season Wanyama was technically impressive and had great range of passing. Strange that many people were calling him poor only a short while ago. Wanyama is an incredible player to have in your squad.
  7. Dier was anonymous when he came on. Wasn't over the moon with his showing and he's currently 2nd choice by some distance.
  8. This formation is actually really good, although I feel sorry for Janseen.
  9. The squad depth will make many teams jealous.
  10. We're going to compete for the title, if not outright win it. A lot of people were picking United and Chelsea as Citys main rivals, but I think it will be us. Most of our attacking players aren't even on form yet, christ we don't even have a proper striker playing. When we hit our stride I think it's going to be very tough to stop us.
  11. GK is very good.

But if I question the line up afterwards, people tease me & call me captain hindsight.

It looks 1 dimensional, unbalanced, lightweight & I think wanyama will have too much to do.
Also I always prefer a proper striker upfront.
I am old school in that sense.

Hope we hammer them & someone who doesn't like me quotes me.

I would take a draw today.

68343688.jpg

Whatever the result today... this weekend was ALWAYS gonna be about Wenger 20th Anniversary... (I'm surprised it wasn't declared a National Holiday!)
Had Man City beaten us... the coverage would've been unbearable...
As it is, we just have to cope with Man Skity having to bear the fact their little darlings ARE beatable after all!!

Back
Top Bottom