Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_oefbjkwzZh1tjid03o1_500.jpg

After that performance I can see lily being up for some arse to mouth action tonight, he will be more than chirpy later on........

Anyway I thought Gary Neville got the man of the match right, Wanyama was immense in the middle today. Credit to everyone of them though, no one put a foot wrong( penalty aside) and the work rate was something else.

For me Alderweireld has been our most important signing but eriksen was really on it today, he worked his proverbials off
Toby is approaching Ledley levels of respect from me.

Our most important signing of the last 20 years.

Have to say I hate the Pep wankfest but at least he's not a horrible despicable bastard like Mourinho.
No excuses and blaming others. Very gracious in defeat.
Fair play to him.

Going to find it a bit harder than with Barca or Bayern, but he will have have the money.
Probably be spending more than he did at Bayern or Barca.

Loved seeing us not only chase down the man in possession, but the men that could be passed to. Makes us look daft sometimes, steaming towards someone without the ball, but it's fucking glorious when we get an interception that way.

Nice also to see Wanyama doing his lovechild of Mike Tyson and Usain Bolt act. Made the entire petrodollar midfield look like gay statues yesterday.

Great comment in The Telegraph's minute by minute...
"29 mins
110187017_kolarov_own_goal-large_trans++H_vYiwVODNMhQRWnX8g_UgpwjfeuChtHUoe9wtZBhk8.jpg

Spurs have calmed down a bit now, which is good because it confirms that these players are human and not cyborgs capable of operating above normal people levels. "

I would love to be as optimistic as JJ. Unfortunately i have seen this rhetoric from the media all before.

Media build us up (can they be title contenders, look at their great stats, playing wonderful football etc... etc...), then when we inevitably underachieve compared to the level they have set us at we are labled as bottlers / spursy.

I know last season a lot of the above was warranted and of course i like to see us being appreciated in the media, but i wish the majority (this isn't directed at anyone in particular) would judge the team by their own interpretation rather than that of the papers / pundits.

I worry about a change in expectations and fallout from certain fan types if we "underachieve".

Personally i don't think we've played particularly well so far this season, certainly not compared to our best form last season, issues that have defined us for years are still apparent: - not clinical enough in front of goal and brain farts from set pieces.

But our squad does look a lot stronger and we are getting results whilst missing key players that we wouldn't have done relying on players like Carroll and Mason last season.

I just hope were not exposed against City, their CL game against Celtic may have exposed a weakness under pressure but they will know the same of us, and if there is no Dembele to soak it up?

Fuck it.

COYS!!
Absolutely no-one is building us up in the media though, we are not even being talked about as a football club, there is no discussion about us at all. The two biggest discussion topics following a Spurs game has been how great Liverpool were against us and we are cursed at Wembley. Other than that there has been nothing, it's as if we don't even exist.

JJ's comments are consistant from last season, he acknowledges we haven't clicked yet, just as we didn't last year and uses that as his reasoning for why we are so much better now than this time last year. He also has been very measured post match analysis so far this season and has reflected the game we have all seen, a team that hasn't clicked, isn't free flowing. Yet despite this he sees what I see, a team 2nd in the league, with the best defence (2nd year running), not conceded from open play in the league, creating the most chances and slowly but surely putting in better and better performances with each game. We have not been great, but what is that comparison based off? I'd say that comparison we make is from our highs of last year (I know I am making this comparison, may be because I am expecting/hoping we improve on last year).

Arn't people (dare I say the majority on here) judging Citeh on what the pundits and media are saying? All the media and pundits are sucking Guardiola's cock since he arrived here. Before a ball is kicked wouldn't you expect Citeh to be beating 5 of the bottom 6 clubs? I would, in fact I have expected a genius like Pep to have not conceded a single goal against them, but everyone of them has scored against them! Yet still he is the 2nd coming.

We are not far off from clicking, in fact we are creating the chances, no one creates as many chances as us, it's just we can't hit a cows arse with a banjo right now. Our finishing is woeful. I would have concerns if a) we were conceding goals, b) were not creating chances.

It's going to be a cracking game. I'm not a betting man but if I were I'd go all in on us.

Last edited:
I wonder if Sky will start the coverage of our next game, with the same reach around they afforded Pep/Citeh yesterday. Wankstains.

Well we have opened it all up so Liverpool can win the title, Sky can do 20 minutes on it bring in 20 ex scouse players and managers, maybe even some fans in tears of joy too then just go straight to our game kick off

Still smiling, can't believe what I've just seen. What a performance, and without Kane and Dembele to boot

Missed the game but reading all the comments that was my first thought, last season without Kane or Dembele we where fucked, and with the likes of Cameron Carter-Vickers coming through we may even have decent cover for Toby.

We can lose a few players and still do well, maybe we don't have the talent of Bale or Modric anymore but this must be the most rounded Spurs squad I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom