Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Seems we're intent on getting the key players in for pre-season, fair play. Inkling that vdv news this morning is to smoke out Leverkusen a bit and shave a bit off Tapsoba fee. I don't have strong sway positive or negative on either Tapsoba or vdv, having watched a few games the last few days. Watching some Wolfsburg 22/23 at the moment.. he's a talented player, I'd be happy to sign him, but don't think he's your plug and play Romero partner for the year or even close right now tbh. Tapsoba is closer to that starter for the forseeable, but also maybe a more inherently flawed defender. Signing both would be great, think they have room to improve and be good players for us

I think the window is looking really good so far. Certainly moving quicker.

I think Tapsoba is going to be fundamentally difficult to get over the line. Unless the player is kicking up, there’s no incentive for Leverkusen to act quickly. He has three years on his contract, they have CL football. I expect they’re going to quote an exceedingly hefty price tag.

Harry is the unknown in all this.
It's a good start to the window, and it's nice to see us acting on the urgent areas quickly for once and not waiting until the last few weeks. Centre half is the priority now, and cannot be skimped on.

However, this window will be made or destroyed by what happens with Kane in my opinion. If he leaves, we have a case of replacing him and almost having a whole new look. If he stays then we know we have a 30 goal striker with a lot more creativity behind him.

A lot of back scratching going on I think. I wouldn’t be surprised if the club do a couple more deals together this window.
Know he has his doubters on here but I'd really like Harvey Barnes, think he'd do great on our left wing.

But other than him...

Harry Souttar? CB, Aussie but HG I believe...big tall fucker, proper strong in duels, looked decent enough on the ball whenever I watched him last season. Obviously not saying he'd be a starter here, no chance, but give him me for say 10 mil plus Tangs/Rodon, yeah I'd like to see what sort of magic Ange could do with his compatriot as a backup.

Kelechi? Nigerian but HG, wouldn't kick up a fuss about being a rotation player for us seen as that's what he's been at Leicester. Only started like 15 games last season but still bagged 5 goals and 5 assists. Decent backup for Kulu/Porro/whoever starts at RW for us.

Some of me mates were even talking about grandpas Jonny Evans & fucking Jamie Vardy on our whatsapp group the other day, though in Vardy's case it's probably so they can twat him at the training ground...or fuck his wife ha ha!!!

533e5e11e523424b9a65128e5350710a.gif

Up until this summer, the flavour of Leverkusen was Hincapie.

I will assume Tapsoba will stay at Leverkusen for the next few years if we don't sign him this summer.

Thing is, despite wanking myself off for predicting the money would be the reason it won't happen,

Van de Ven, Tosin, Lenglet would be a massive upgrade and an exciting one because Tosin can play both sides and is prem ready. Gives VdV time to get up to speed.

Thing is, despite wanking myself off for predicting the money would be the reason it won't happen,

Van de Ven, Tosin, Lenglet would be a massive upgrade and an exciting one because Tosin can play both sides and is prem ready. Gives VdV time to get up to speed.

Fucking hell.

Just realised your name is like Richarlison.

I am THE dumbest cunt in the world

Hmm, we may be entering cutting-off-our-nose-to-spite-our-face territory here.

We're quickly reaching a point where the money is too good to turn down if Harry absolutely wants out.

What if I told you that we've already sold Kane and Bayern and we've told Bayern to keep on bidding until we eventually reach an agreement that everyone is happy with (even though the 2 clubs have both already negotiated the price) Then we can say we tried to keep him but the money was too good do turn down :gallashmm:

People just cant stop the hyperbole can they, either good or bad. Its been a decent start and if we get 2 good centre backs its a very good start but still too many variables to start the congratulatory back slapping.

What if we sell Kane and have Richarlison up front next season? What if we cant sell any more junk? What if the centre backs end up being Maquire and Lenglet? Happy so far but still masses to do, this is about correcting 7 years of mistakes.
Pal, I have nightmares about us signing Maguire or Lenglet...or both. And playing Sonny & Ricky up top after we've sold Kane. That would be disastrous. Relegation material.

I think the window is looking really good so far. Certainly moving quicker.

I think Tapsoba is going to be fundamentally difficult to get over the line. Unless the player is kicking up, there’s no incentive for Leverkusen to act quickly. He has three years on his contract, they have CL football. I expect they’re going to quote an exceedingly hefty price tag.

Harry is the unknown in all this.
I don’t believe they do. 6th in bundesliga and Sevilla won Europa.

Back
Top Bottom