Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think the window is looking really good so far. Certainly moving quicker.

I think Tapsoba is going to be fundamentally difficult to get over the line. Unless the player is kicking up, there’s no incentive for Leverkusen to act quickly. He has three years on his contract, they have CL football. I expect they’re going to quote an exceedingly hefty price tag.

Harry is the unknown in all this.
Dangle a £20M five year deal (£100K pw) and we will see him kicking off to leave

Recognize the pattern in our transfer dealings.

Maddison is this summer's Richarlison splash.

Tapsoba will be this summer's Bastoni.

There will be a fully understandable reason it doesn't happen.

Then we will spend the next few years arguing about how it wasn't because the club didn't try.

Unless Kane goes, the 40m on Maddison means our 2 CBs will be Tosin and Lenglet IMO.
Tapsoba and Bastoni two different situations. One is open to move, the other one didn't want to leave.

533e5e11e523424b9a65128e5350710a.gif

Know he has his doubters on here but I'd really like Harvey Barnes, think he'd do great on our left wing.

But other than him...

Harry Souttar? CB, Aussie but HG I believe...big tall fucker, proper strong in duels, looked decent enough on the ball whenever I watched him last season. Obviously not saying he'd be a starter here, no chance, but give him me for say 10 mil plus Tangs/Rodon, yeah I'd like to see what sort of magic Ange could do with his compatriot as a backup.

Kelechi? Nigerian but HG, wouldn't kick up a fuss about being a rotation player for us seen as that's what he's been at Leicester. Only started like 15 games last season but still bagged 5 goals and 5 assists. Decent backup for Kulu/Porro/whoever starts at RW for us.

Some of me mates were even talking about grandpas Jonny Evans & fucking Jamie Vardy on our whatsapp group the other day, though in Vardy's case it's probably so they can twat him at the training ground...or fuck his wife ha ha!!!

I did mean Barnes but I really meant them taking more of our players. Tanganga and Rodon for example. Although there’s reports they are in for Coady.

Wonder when Levy gave any club permission to speak to Harry? Don’t believe everything.
Exactly. No chance Harry will be given permission to speak to anyone. If it’s not £100 million then it won’t be entertained. To be honest I don’t think Harry wants to go. His family life will make the decision for him and that means staying in London. Might be wrong but he seems settled where he is now.

Exactly. No chance Harry will be given permission to speak to anyone. If it’s not £100 million then it won’t be entertained. To be honest I don’t think Harry wants to go. His family life will make the decision for him and that means staying in London. Might be wrong but he seems settled where he is now.

Players don't need permission to speak to other clubs, what's Levy going to do put a tracker on his phone and bug his house? 😆 They just do it either through agents or directly, there's nothing the club can do about it.

This was once called tapping up back in the day and it was frowned upon and illegal but players have the power these days, not the clubs.

Last edited:
Wonder when Levy gave any club permission to speak to Harry? Don’t believe everything.
In reality Bayern would have spoken to Harry just not directly. "Tapping up" used to be a thing, now it's not. These days clubs won't bother moving for a player unless they've already had an indication via the players agent that the player is up for it.

Players don't need permission to speak to other clubs, what's Levy going to do put a tracker on his phone ad bug his house? 😆 They just do it either through agents or directly, there's nothing the club can do about it.

This was once called tapping up back in the day and it was frowned upon and illegal but players have the power these days, not the clubs.
Yes they do but they do it anyway. You are officially only allowed to speak directly to clubs 6 months before your contract ends. I know that doesn’t happen though.

Back
Top Bottom