Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
People just cant stop the hyperbole can they, either good or bad. Its been a decent start and if we get 2 good centre backs its a very good start but still too many variables to start the congratulatory back slapping.

What if we sell Kane and have Richarlison up front next season? What if we cant sell any more junk? What if the centre backs end up being Maquire and Lenglet? Happy so far but still masses to do, this is about correcting 7 years of mistakes.
You’ve just ruined my day Mr Pessimistic 😂😂😂

Maddison in and Winks on the way out... what is happening?? Is this real life!?

Steve Brule Confusion GIF

Well, he is....?

Doesn't say too expensive though.

My guess on how this pans out:

Tapsoba goes to a club that is prepared to pay big boy money and ends up a big boy player.

We get VVD for a lower price, who is talented and shows great promise, makes a bunch of mistakes because he's young, then eventually develops into a top class CB by 24/25 and kicks up a fuss until he gets a move to a big boy club.

So do I but Tosin is homegrown .
Tosin would be a great shout, to be fair, and perhaps more doable if Tapsoba is deemed too expensive an option.

I just don't want *insert good CB here* + Lenglet to be the only defensive acquisitions.

I think the window is looking really good so far. Certainly moving quicker.

I think Tapsoba is going to be fundamentally difficult to get over the line. Unless the player is kicking up, there’s no incentive for Leverkusen to act quickly. He has three years on his contract, they have CL football. I expect they’re going to quote an exceedingly hefty price tag.

Harry is the unknown in all this.

Seems like we have an ordered plan, too. The minute one signing is getting done (and we seem to be reaching agreements quickly) the next one ramps up. Would never have expected us to get Maddison in before July, honestly.

I was disappointed that Sess did not seem to learn much from Perisic. The injury did not help of course. Maybe Lenglet and Vdv will work better? Davies and Udogie...

Tapsoba goes to a club that is prepared to pay big boy money and ends up a big boy player.

We get VVD for a lower price, who is talented and shows great promise, makes a bunch of mistakes because he's young, then eventually develops into a top class CB by 24/25 and kicks up a fuss until he gets a move to a big boy club.

Either way then both will end up at a big boy club because of magnificent performances at Spurs

Oh well

Still I pick VdV :nunothumb:

Up until this summer, the flavour of Leverkusen was Hincapie.

I will assume Tapsoba will stay at Leverkusen for the next few years if we don't sign him this summer.

Back
Top Bottom