Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Guy’s a complete wind up merchant.

Look, let’s deal with some cold hard facts here before the over zealous happy clapping goes into over drive in a similar fashion as it did in the past 2 “9/10” Summer Windows under Mourinho and Conte.

-We’ve taken a punt on an inexperienced bottom half Serie A goalkeeper likely from Paratici’s recommendation, which is suspect to say the least, to replace our captain and one of our most influential players of the last decade. I really hope he turns out to be a top top keeper but it’s a gamble without any question.

- we still have no Director of Football despite many reputable journalists saying that this was a position we had intended to fill before we got a manager in. Is this still an appointment we want to make? Will it be someone Postecoglu wants to work with and vice versa? Or have the plans just inexplicably gone out the window?

- we still have an incredibly high number of players who it will be unacceptable should they still be at the club next season.

- there is still a very high chance of our best player leaving the club this summer (anyone who honestly believes that drivel from Redknapp that Kane wouldn’t be interested in a move to Munich is living on another planet)

The above are just a sprinkle of the issues that still remain as a result of the utterly shambolic nature of the last few years.

Maddison is a very smart piece of business and should hopefully be a good player for us, but there is so so much more work that is needed to be done before the team is in any kind of shape to really compete next season or before any fan pressure on Levy or the ownership should let up.
Thanks for keeping us all in check!

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Personally I wouldn't bother buying another.
I think we should give Dorrington a chance.

Romero can't be relied on to play every game of the season, between Argentina, injuries and suspensions he'll miss close to 10 games.

Let's say we get Tapsoba and van de Ven.

You then have an option for Tosin.

Dorrington should be next in line.

But let's not get greedy, we aren't selling all of Dier, Sanchez, Rodon, and Tanganga in one window. This leaves Dorrington to go out on loan for this year. We make do with probably Dier or Sanchez as 4th choice. In an emergency Davies or Royal as 5th choice.
Sanchez will be sold, defo has a market in Spain & Italy, maybe even Germany...if we're really talking with Bayer re Tapsoba & Wolfsburg re VdV, I'd be surprised if Levy didn't try to do a Maddison-Winks type deal with either. Gotta be valued at 15-20 mil ish...still young but experienced, Colombia international...

Rodon will be of interest to bottom of PL teams or Champo contenders. Don't think we'd be too greedy...5-8mil + bonuses and he's out. But yeah might stick around for the Spurs wages...as a 5th option it doesn't really bother me, kid is HG.

Tanganga will be let go if nobody comes in with an offer for transfer/loan. Won't cost the earth to cut him.

Dier is the problematic one. He's on a big salary, bigger than he'd get elsewhere that's not City/Real etc...and obviously no chance they'd sign that donkey. Also, he has a massive ego, still thinks he's the shit and should start week in week out for Spurs (and England). Key member of the players' committee. Freeze him out and I bet he'd become a right nuisance in the locker room, turning other players' against the coaching staff. I'm just hoping an Inter/AC/Juve/Dortmund/Atletico come in for him...actually if our board was competent, they'd already be pimping him out to such clubs for like 15-20 mil.

So yeah I think we'll manage to get rid of Davs and Tangs, with Rodon a maybe. But Dier will stay put...and he'll probably be given yet another chance.

Haha, one of the best keepers in Europe! I hope Vicario is great, but this guy is some spoofer. Twitter is now, more so than ever, people just saying dumb shit for engagement.

People just cant stop the hyperbole can they, either good or bad. Its been a decent start and if we get 2 good centre backs its a very good start but still too many variables to start the congratulatory back slapping.

What if we sell Kane and have Richarlison up front next season? What if we cant sell any more junk? What if the centre backs end up being Maquire and Lenglet? Happy so far but still masses to do, this is about correcting 7 years of mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom