Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see them banished on the first day of pre season. Frogmarched out of the training ground like a disruptive 15 year old after being expelled from school - sent packing with a clip round the ear, their bag launched down the corridor. Clump
You must have had a rough childhood.

tbh I want two of Milenkovic/Skriniar/Kounde/Anderson

the defence needs an complete overhaul. the days of Dier Sanchez and Aurier falling into fouls has to go. We need to get serious.

Our defence let us down badly last year. It's much more important than trying to overhaul guys like Lucas/Lamela/Bergwijn and Alli cause those guys rotate in and out anyway. whereas we 're starting Aurier/Dier and Sanchez nearly every game.
Our defence does need at least one quality CB, but what really let us down last year was our passive play after scoring, which invited all kinds of pressure on it. Part of being good defensively is also not ceding the field to the opposition.

I'd be ready to sell:

Sissoko - time for him to leave
Ndombele - not made for the EPL
Lo Celso - too injury prone

Ndombel could, in the "right" environment, turn into a world-class player if he would care to. But he doesn't seem to be suited for the high intensity of the EPL, as he's shown after 2 seasons in the EPL.
Le Celso is a top-class player WHEN fit, which he hasn't been since he joined Spurs 2 seasons ago.
I see that many want to sell Winks, but I would give him another season to prove himself for 2 main, and reasons: hopefully, Nuno can utilize him better than Jose & Pochettino and, Spurs do need HG players.

DM is covered by Højbjerg & Skipp.

CM's & OM's I would be keen on are the following who I consider "getable" (and again, why I prefer to give a list of candidates is that neither do I nor do most of you know all about all the "issues" players have; f.ex., it's a shame that the scouts were not able to get background info about Ndombele's lack of fighting spirit):

CM: Ryan Gravenberch, Yves Bissouma, Maxence Caqueret, Franck Kessie, Gabriel Menino, Luca Gourna-Douath, Albert Lokonga,
OM: Todd Cantwell, Michael Olise, Daichi Kamada, Marcel Sabitzer.
Those I would be most keen on are Gravenberch, Kessie, Gourna-Douath, Sabitzer, and Olise.

PS! Gourna-Douath, Albert Lokonga, Michael Olise as future procpects.

Lamela has been at the club nine years and has played around twenty games a season, many form the bench, he's is more of a sicknote than sicknote was.

We can at least give LoCelso a second season to see if he can get fully fit?

Lamela has been at the club nine years and has played around twenty games a season, many form the bench, he's is more of a sicknote than sicknote was.

We can at least give LoCelso a second season to see if he can get fully fit?
I consider Lamela more like a wide forward (as I do with Bergwijin & Moura as well), which is why I did not include him among the MF I would wanna sell.
Lamela is a player I would have sold a while ago - because of his injury problems. Which I think I stated in another post about week ago, where I listed the wide right forwards I would like to see Spurs sign.

Last edited:
It also shows the level of the Scottish league. Below the championship.
Sure, but you have to put it in perspective…

Scottish football clubs aren’t in the market for Ronaldo, but he is certainly catching players that fall through the cracks from the lower leagues and doing it with a budget, Bosmans, loans etc etc, and he also doesn’t rest on what he has, he is always improving areas every year and keeping things fresh…..

Just think the guy is a really smart manager, not just a manger who thinks “I’m Steven Gerrard, I had a very impressive playing career so I’m going to be a very impressive manager without doing any of the work required”
This guy gets right down to the core of scouting to find what he needs….

He is desperate to leave

You can tell

But at the same time he wont force the clubs hand

Reckon he stays one more year
He is desperate to win things which on balance isn't likely to happen at spurs, nothing negative just a dose of realism of where and what we are.
Like all spurs fans I want him to stay but accept why he would want to move on especially at his age and at his peak.

I can't find that anywhere?
On Paratici’s comments, Kane added: “Of course as a player you want to be wanted, you want to feel like you’re loved, which I do.

“I haven’t had the chance to talk to any of these people yet. I’m sure we’ll get to know each other after the tournament, have a phone call or two once I get a week or two of holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom