Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won’t happen of course with Utd/PSG sniffing around, but this is exactly the type of signing we should be looking at…

Agreed we should be all over this and try to play the card similar to Dortmund in the sense that we will only win out by offering regular first team football. Whilst at the likes of United he most likely won't.
Still young and we would be better for his development

Get the best price, but understand the value of time and of certainty in making future moves.

A couple million it takes a whole summer to extract is a wildly expensive waste of scarce resources.
Not just that, has a knock on effect with others less likely to leave - and the player and family not having time to settle

Yes.
You'd better tell Tarkowski the news?
Don't bother telling Beethoven, he wouldn't hear anyway.
Wrong thread, but fuck me tennis is shit.

Really, really, really shit.
It's balls, innit?
Bit of a racket.

I've seen so many links with "Breaking news. Spurs linked with (+20 million)..... Player. Paratici working hard at signing.

So the journalists know Daniel Levy. It suddenly seems we are looking at a few of these high priced starts. All Conté asked for was 3 Million extra for his crew and 100 million for transfers. And that wasn't in Levys plan.

Ignore anything above 20 million.
I think Conte wanted 100m plus guaranteed for transfers independent of players sold. We can still buy players over 20m, it'll just be dependent on what we sell. ((Which is another story))

Kounde is unrealistic, while Andersen, Vestegaard, Milenkovic are all underwhelming.

How about we consider Cristian Romero? Atalanta CB, voted Serie A defender of the year. Very highly rated in Argentina.
Will be available for £40M I reckon.

The apparent £25M bid for Joaquin Correa make no sense to me.

Plays support striker behind Immobile for Lazio, but has quite a mediocre goals and assists record in Serie A over the past few years.
Doesn't start for Argentina, Nico Gonzalez (who has missed 50 sitters) starts instead in attack. Rarely comes off the bench.

Ideally, we should buy a RW who can also play CF if Kane gets injured.

No way Dier will be sold this summer. It seems Toby will leave so that will leave Eric as our senior CB.
He was off form last season but he was excellent in the seasons before.
Mourinho basically took the piss out of Eric but I reckon he will return to form next season under the new manager.

No way Dier will be sold this summer. It seems Toby will leave so that will leave Eric as our senior CB.
He was off form last season but he was excellent in the seasons before.
Mourinho basically took the piss out of Eric but I reckon he will return to form next season under the new manager.
Imo Dier was on poor form before Jose came. He had a short revival under Jose, but then went back to playing poorly.

Out of curiosity, how could Nuno utilise him better than Poch, Jose and Mason did?

Well, I must admit I that I do not know what conversations those said head coaches have had with Wink nor what exact instructions they've given him but maybe he could be encouraged to play the ball more forward rather than sidewise most of the time, and be more daring in his play. Without comparing Nuno with Fergie, the way Fergie managed to get the best out of almost every player he had, shows what a difference a manager can make to a player (but, of course, not even Fergie had "Fergie effect" on all the players at Man Utd - but he certainly had an effect on all the refs, but that's another story).
N'Golo Kanté is another example of a player who's rather limited when it comes to ball skills, yet he's one of the best DM in the world, and he's 10 cm shorter than Winks. And Kante did not "blossom" as a player until he joined Leicester when he was 24. Winks is 25.
I live in the hope but, well, I cannot guarantee that he'll turn into a "quality" CM. Another solution is to loan him out for a season, as he does need to play regular footy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom