Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only that but our poor defense lead to a breakdown in our offensive threat as well. It isn’t like Dele, Bergwijn, or Lucas or going to become superstars with a competent defense, but it does give them more opportunities to shine in the areas of the pitch that they are more effective. We can’t be pinned down for 70 minutes and hope for them to be successful.
I hope Dele plays on the right, If he can do it. I can see him starting ahead of the other two that you mentioned.

I'd like to see
...................Ndobby............
Dele..........Kane.........Son​
Backed up with Skippy and PEH

tbh I want two of Milenkovic/Skriniar/Kounde/Anderson

the defence needs an complete overhaul. the days of Dier Sanchez and Aurier falling into fouls has to go. We need to get serious.

Our defence let us down badly last year. It's much more important than trying to overhaul guys like Lucas/Lamela/Bergwijn and Alli cause those guys rotate in and out anyway. whereas we 're starting Aurier/Dier and Sanchez nearly every game.
I do agree, get the defence right and the rest of the team have confidence to play. Its what we did so well a few years back.

The players that are currently on a contract at Spurs who are asking for a transfer need to give their heads a wobble...its your fault we are in the shit because you didnt play well enough, at least you can transfer away, we the fans are fucking stuck with it for life . :klinsmann:

Is it me or is every single fucking Spurs transfer “considering” “possibly” “thinking of”? Why don’t for once we just go for the juggler and buy X, Y and Z. If you have sounded out this Japanese defender, then just pay what Bologna want ffs!!!!!
That's simply not the Levy way unfortunately

If Kane leaves then the first name to be signed should be

1232929692.0.jpg
Who he?

It was more a response to the general tone of your post..... Sabitzer no good.... Gio & Ndombele meh.... So what personel/system do you favour?

Given we'll at least start the season with PEH, Skipp, Gio, N'dom & Dele what role is it that you deem to need filling? a #6? more #8s? a #10?

As for RW; if we end up playing 352, then there won't even be a RW slot up for grabs... (This is why Sabitzer could be a nice option; i.e. Versatility.)
I didn't mean it to be taken this way. I'm very optimistic with both of them and I'd like Sabitzer as well, the only thing that worries my is their injury record. If both of them are out, we will be plugging holes with Alli or Sabitzer and Skipp as 6, and I'm not entirely convinced by PEH/Skipp/Alli or PEH/Skipp/Sabitzer trios.
I know Skippy had an outstanding season with Norwich, but I disagree we can rely on him from the first minute as he's not yet proven in PL.
Maybe in fact I'm moaning a bit too much, but I'm sick of playing half of our players out of their positions because someone refused to spend money and instead of competing we are trying to duct tape our starting eleven so things don't fall apart completely.

Danny ings turns down new contract at Southampton apparently
I like Ings but if Harry stays, he's going to be a bench warmer most of the time
He's way too good for that
That's always going to be a problem for any team. An established striker won't come
We need to look at our youth team.

In order of priority to get out the door:

1. The axis of death: Sissoko, Sanchez and Aurier - no serious football team has players like this and they definitely don't put them all on the pitch at the same time if they do
2. Dier had his moment but time to return to his rightful midtable level
3. Dele - will never be the player he was 3 years ago would be nice to cash in if some foreign team still rates him
4. Winks - a nothing player. Fine for early cup games and Europe but I'm sure we have better kids in the academy to play that role now. We also have Skipp back.
5. Lamela - one of his better seasons last time (not that the bar was high) would be nice to send him back to Italy if someone is willing to cough up a few quid

That's about it.

Lucas is a good squad player. Give Bergjwin another shot. See if Doherty can remember how to play football.

Then we just need Ndombele and GLC to finally deliver and we're all set for a 6th place finish.

I'd be ready to sell:

Sissoko - time for him to leave
Ndombele - not made for the EPL
Lo Celso - too injury prone

Ndombel could, in the "right" environment, turn into a world-class player if he would care to show the necessary effort. But he doesn't seem to be suited for the high intensity of the EPL, as he's shown after 2 seasons in the EPL.
Le Celso is a top-class player WHEN fit, which he hasn't been since he joined Spurs 2 seasons ago.
I see that many want to sell Winks, but I would give him another season to prove himself for 2 main, and reasons: hopefully, Nuno can utilize him better than Jose & Pochettino and, Spurs do need HG players.

DM is covered by Højbjerg & Skipp.

CM's & OM's I would be keen on are the following who I consider "getable" (and again, why I prefer to give a list of candidates is that neither do I nor do most of you know all about all the "issues" players have; f.ex., it's a shame that the scouts were not able to get background info about Ndombele's lack of fighting spirit):

CM: Ryan Gravenberch, Yves Bissouma, Maxence Caqueret, Franck Kessie, Gabriel Menino, Luca Gourna-Douath, Albert Lokonga,
OM: Todd Cantwell, Michael Olise, Daichi Kamada, Marcel Sabitzer.
Those I would be most keen on are Gravenberch, Kessie, Gourna-Douath, Sabitzer, and Olise.

PS! Gourna-Douath, Albert Lokonga, Michael Olise as future procpects.

Last edited:
In order of priority to get out the door:

1. The axis of death: Sissoko, Sanchez and Aurier - no serious football team has players like this and they definitely don't put them all on the pitch at the same time if they do
2. Dier had his moment but time to return to his rightful midtable level
3. Dele - will never be the player he was 3 years ago would be nice to cash in if some foreign team still rates him
4. Winks - a nothing player. Fine for early cup games and Europe but I'm sure we have better kids in the academy to play that role now. We also have Skipp back.
5. Lamela - one of his better seasons last time (not that the bar was high) would be nice to send him back to Italy if someone is willing to cough up a few quid

That's about it.

Lucas is a good squad player. Give Bergjwin another shot. See if Doherty can remember how to play football.

Then we just need Ndombele and GLC to finally deliver and we're all set for a 6th place finish.
One for the future then?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom