Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Boys! Boys! Boys! Clearly this whole xfer biz is a hot topic and dividing many on this forum. It is fair to say what we all have in common is we love and support THFC. Some things are self-evident truths. We have some great players with a great team spirit. Fact. We have a great manager. Fact. We have a tight-fisted chairman that may command respect, but the way he conducts business is questionable. So far, everyone must be in agreement? Where opinion differs is whether we are good enough to challenge for silverware on all fronts (even just one) or do we need more? Others are reinforcing and strengthening by adding greater depth to their already powerful squads - those that can deputise when an A-lister is injured or can come on as a sub and change outcomes. Did you happen to notice the goal difference with City last season??? That was mental! So the game is now all about goal volume and firepower! - even if the defense is a little leaky it doesn't even matter. It's not even about winning the game anymore - its about by how much! Leave opponents in the dust. Liverpool, Chelsea and Woolwich are still major threats, and, then there's the X-factor/ Cinderella team, like Leicester under Ranieri. I think we were extremely "lucky" to finish 3rd last season - right down to the wire with Liverpool. City and Utd did not need luck! No Sir! They were set. Without new players we will need luck again this season to make Top 4 or else back to Europa. Some here would just rather see action than luck, and venting about lack of it is fair enough, especially when Levy gave his word to Poch, which clearly means nothing. It's the only reason Poch stayed. Levy is shrewd, but when he nickel and dimes, and plays waiting games, he may end up with a good player on the cheap or free transfer, like a Clint Dempsey or a Van Der Vaart, but not world class players in their prime that will make the real difference. It is obvious Levy is not ambitious to win at those stakes and just wants to balance the books. Facing facts and venting about that is healthy :) Blue Pill or Red Pill (Truth or Denial)? Just calling Levy out does not mean someone is "suicidal".

f86.jpg

Rush for glory? LFC just reached a CL Final, finished above us and have added some proper footballers to that squad. United are dull but still managed to finish second and reach a cup final after Jose schooled Pochettino in the semi-final, City raped us twice because of Pochettino’s lack of pragmatism and ridiculously high line.

The window for glory was between 2015-17, when Pochettino had the best squad in the league and still won fuck all. The landscape has changed, key members of that team are leaving or on the decline (Walker, Rose, Dembele, Toby) and the trajectory is a negative one for the first time in about 5 years.

This club, with this squad, should be successful; the fact it’s not is down to one man.

It genuinely seems that most ‘fans’ on here would rather fail with Pochettino than win with someone like Conte, Simeone or Mourinho. That’s a strange fetish.

1. We finished above Liverpool you dumb cunt.
2. If you were a spurs fan you would know that.
3. You're Scouse.
4. I just voted to bin you.
5. I just know that you have the kind of face that i would look at and think "I'd just love to knock you out:
6. Fuck off.

Just joined. Been following this and other THFC sites all summer.

Ok, I negotiate for a living. Not billion dollar deals but enough to make you and yours comfortble for life. The issue with buying is the ratio of HG players. Anyone with a modicum of brainpower can see that.

Turning to TA - he's buggered. He signed a contract in full knowledge of the contents and ramifications thereof under the supervision and advice of his agent and advisors. If you dont like it or understand it - don't sign it. It's that simple. Even better ask someone who does understand to explain it to you.

To now turn round and squeal like a baby saying 'It's just not fair' while mounting a legal challenge is the last resort open to a busted flush. Trust me, Levy has him by the balls.

Blatant “I work in car phone warehouse” post

Back
Top Bottom