Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haidara would be brilliant.

I think he has a much higher ceiling than the midfielders listed. Think his hype will be huge in a couple of years. Likely to be at RB Leipzig within a year or two otherwise and then a big move elsewhere. Would be great to get him in early.

Would be happy with Kondogbia too after the season he's had but with Inter back in the Champions League, I can see them coming in for him.

Would be happy with Kondogbia too after the season he's had but with Inter back in the Champions League, I can see them coming in for him.
Valencia have a first dibs clause in their loan of him where they can buy him for 25 million. Everyone else will have to try and top that

May as well get it in early...

Kondogbia
Perisic
Doucoure
Heidara

87wQl.gif

Here's my plan.

Same as last years plan as it goes.

Identify targets before transfer window opens. Sound out their agents. Find out the price at which their club would be prepared to sell.

When window opens:

Close deal with as little fucking about as possible

If I was a cunt I would put "Simples" here, but I'm not. so I won't

Haidara would be brilliant.

I think he has a much higher ceiling than the midfielders listed. Think his hype will be huge in a couple of years. Likely to be at RB Leipzig within a year or two otherwise and then a big move elsewhere. Would be great to get him in early.

Agreed. Poaching Haidara before he moves to the German branch would be the smartest possible move. Also gives more financial room for other signings.

Here's my plan.

Same as last years plan as it goes.

Identify targets before transfer window opens. Sound out their agents. Find out the price at which their club would be prepared to sell.

When window opens:

Close deal with as little fucking about as possible

If I was a cunt I would put "Simples" here, but I'm not. so I won't

Dear William

Thank you for your advice.

Now, would you like me to tell you how Daniel Levy is actually going to run this transfer window?

My sincerest regards

NY

Okay. I see your point.
Just it seems that our evaluation of Martial differs significantly.
For example why are you talking about Son numbers in EPL? Martial came to England with a statement of a season. He was 20 and had brilliant season (very-very similar to Son best ever season with us while being significantly older). Also if we'd swap him for Alderweireld then it means we would get around 60 mil (more realistic valuation for player in Martial mould) for him not 40. And I doubt any team would pay us 60 for Alderweireld.

Also I do not really believe that using Son as striker is long-term solution. Smth that Poch seems to agree (why else did he bring in Llorente in last summer?). I believe that if we want to step forward we'd need someone who would be mainly striker and with different skills than Kane. IF we'd bring Martial then there would not be "two wide players playing back-up" - Martial in Monaco was CF and is just pushed to the wing now by Mou. He is versatile but he is much more of striker than Son (but still different playing style to Kane).

Regarding Lucas - who in the world has written him off? Where are you taking this even? I also believe we should give him fair chance next year. But that does not mean much in context of Martial. I would be quite satisfied with AM roaster of Erkisen, Alli, Son, Moura and partially Martial (considering he is partly playing in striker position) and potentially Lamela (though IF Martial is to join I see his departure as more logical). If we want to build something great, we shall not have just 3 ppl for 3 places!

I fully agree, if our options would be Bale vs Martial, I would take Bale. Every day of the week.
But this is very unlikely. As I currently feel (no basis, not claiming to have inside info) that chances of getting Bale are like 5% tops. At the same time getting Martial smth like 30%.
Okay let's say we buy Martial mainly as a back up to Kane, why would he want that. I agree Son isn't ideal as striker but he is definetly good enough as a back up. Kane is a machine and can play 40 games a year and I believe he also want that himself since he is hungry for goals. I cant see him on the bank if he's fit, aldo because he wants to be the topscorer and score more goals every year. Why would Martial agree in being a back up to Kane?

We need to accept it is likely Toby will go, and we cannot look towards who gets strengthened, only ourselves and what we do to strengthen. If vertonghen stays, we'll be fine, we need to look forward, not worry about what others do.

What is imperative is the money is invested. We have a few areas to get stronger in the market.

Okay let's say we buy Martial mainly as a back up to Kane, why would he want that. I agree Son isn't ideal as striker but he is definetly good enough as a back up. Kane is a machine and can play 40 games a year and I believe he also want that himself since he is hungry for goals. I cant see him on the bank if he's fit, aldo because he wants to be the topscorer and score more goals every year. Why would Martial agree in being a back up to Kane?
The thing is, son isntia good backup to Kane. Yes idI prefer to see son up front instead of llorente, but that isn't saying a lot.

Martial is a striker, who is versatile and clearly won't just play second fiddle. It gives us legitimate options to play more different ways. And part of our undoing in our preferred system of pressing is we do not seem to have the mobility up top like Liverpool have done successfully this season. We are a bit slow with the front four, son is quick but not blistering. Martial has legitimate pace, we must have more options and stop being so one paced at times

The thing is, son isntia good backup to Kane. Yes idI prefer to see son up front instead of llorente, but that isn't saying a lot.

Martial is a striker, who is versatile and clearly won't just play second fiddle. It gives us legitimate options to play more different ways. And part of our undoing in our preferred system of pressing is we do not seem to have the mobility up top like Liverpool have done successfully this season. We are a bit slow with the front four, son is quick but not blistering. Martial has legitimate pace, we must have more options and stop being so one paced at times
But isn't Moura that kind of player already. We seem to have very different player with different playstyles in Lamela, Son, Alli, Moura and Eriksen and to be fair; I don't see what Martial offers that would justifie the amount of money he will cost us.

Back
Top Bottom