Summer 2018 transfer window

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

sammyspurs

Suspended
So, if we spent big on players and had a poor season you'd blame our transfer policy.
But if we spend nothing on players and have a poor season our transfer window would not be to blame.
Thanks for clearing that up
If we spend big and have a poor season, it will depend on the exact same factors as if we dont spend and have a poor season. Players underperforming, managerial mistakes, injuries etc etc etc.
I said we have a top 3 team......finishing 6th wont be because we didnt sign players.

The fact that you have just admitted the possibility of spending big and having a poor season just goes to show how watery your theory is. You've lost conviction in your own mantra.

You told me spending big was a dead cert to trophies (while dismissing the billion Liverpool have spent finishing below us).....now we can spend big and still have a poor season too? How so?

Register to remove

John Thomas

Anchor Tenants
You told me spending big was a dead cert to trophies (while dismissing the billion Liverpool have spent finishing below us).....now we can spend big and still have a poor season too? How so?
I bet you'll not find a single quote where I said that.
I've often said spending big money gives you a better shot at winning trophies.
And considering we don't spend big, and we don't win any trophies, the evidence backs me up doesn't it?

sammyspurs

Suspended
I bet you'll not find a single quote where I said that.
I've often said spending big money gives you a better shot at winning trophies.
And considering we don't spend big, and we don't win any trophies, the evidence backs me up doesn't it?
Liverpool spend big, West Ham spend big, Everton spend big, Woolwich spend big.....in fact we spend the least of all clubs, yet keep finishing above them.
You seem to think because City and Chelsea broke football, thats the only model to follow, yet Leicester beat them all to a title while the year after we were runners up.

Your theory isnt about Spurs and trophies, its just about you wanting players.

Top Bottom