Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s changed his tune then!

“Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players, yes....Do I have to do it differently to that? Actually, I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money. The day that this is football, I’m not in a job any more.”

Fucking hypocritical gurning cunt. Don't expect the fawning media to remind him of this mind

i can't wait to see the party here when this is official....
giphy.gif

If Maureen strings us along, he doesn’t get Alderweireld. So, we just need to be working on an alternative to Martial at the same time.

If an un-shakeable desire for Martial is what's causing us to risk spending the entire window in a stalemate with Utd. I think that's fool-hardy...

I know we have a fair few Martial advocates on here, but can anyone say they think Martial (and Martial only!) is THAT essential to the bigger picture?

I fear we get too tunnel visioned at times regarding non-essential deals (GKN being the obvious) and waste time; create urgency elsewhere when there once was none.... I hope this isn't going to be another example. Time is at a premium this time round as it is.

Assuming that Levy inevitably wants top whack for Toby and meanwhile is offering peanuts for Martial (i.e. best of both worlds), maybe we'd stand a better chance of getting closer to the right price for Toby if we ended our interest in Martial; took, say £65m (rather than the alleged £75m)... Moved on and spent it elsewhere...? Esp. given the circumstances of this specific window(*)....

(*Which is the key to why the minimal activity approach may well prove wiser than many think providing Poch believes that the suitably fit & recouped players can hold the fort accordingly early doors... It's just a bitch we have a couple playing silly buggers + Dembele's twilight hour to contend with. Think many clubs will be regretting voting yes to the early window closure this season too... Never made sense to me unless it was going to somehow be applied similarly to all leagues.)

So it looks like the peaky blinder wannabe is going to our first summer signing.
It’s not bowling me over to the desired state of arousal, but if the reports are correct, £20 million and a £20k a week contract isn’t at all bad in today’s market.

So do we hate Grealish because of his punchable Peaky Blinders face or like him because he is young and Poch can mold him?

Or do we hate that it didn't break the transfer free record? Or like him because its a shrewd signing in a crazy transfer market?

I need to know now so I can have the correct reaction when its official.

1 goal in 14 games last season. Thrilling. Granted, those 14 games only amounted to 300 or so minutes.

Unfortunately, he's nowhere near the level of the premier league, never mind Tottenham.

I'm suprised he clocked up that many minutes tbh.

I s'pose 1 in 3.5 ain't too shabby. :pochsmirk:

#GKN-IN

:avbnaa:

Back
Top Bottom