Standing still is falling behind

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really.....the people in charge of giving out this award must be chavski or arse fans..apparently we played Liverpool yesterday In our new stadium, hold on...shit he cocked that up as he was spending too much time on signing new players LMAO...
Woolwich didn't win anything for 10 years after building their stadium, Liverpool still can't build theirs. So yes, I can see why they would respect Levy's achievement

Recent poll on here had over 80% saying we would finish in the CL places (130+).

So most who bothered to vote were very comfortable with us staying in front of Chelsea and Woolwich despite our lack of transfer activity and Chelsea’s good start. Or were of the opinion United aren’t all that I guess.

Personally think we will do very very well to finish Top 4 this season.

And the reality of the club business model is we sell players to buy players, so it’s a shame we’ve been buying a few players no one in their right mind wants to buy.

I dont believe for a moment there wasnt a player available that could improve our team in the summer.

It should go without saying, and wouldn't be necessary if it weren't for the bizarre revisionism that overcame some when the transfer window closed, that signing no-one had been the cunning plan all along.

Look we can argue till the cows come home as to who he or they should have been, Grealish or Kovacic or N'Someone, but if we had signed a skillful central midfielder say, who Pochettino than said had always been his number one choice, that he'd been after since he got here, that this was going to be a key piece in the jigsaw and so on, then I'm sure we'd all have got behind him (the player and Pochettino).

You might be sick of these pundits but when ALL of them say that a new signing brings a buzz to the dressing room you'd be a fool not to take notice

Odd that it's never ever even partly Levy's fault.

In any other company it would be
Another company would look at the progress though. Just like the club are doing.

I’ve asked John and he won’t answer, so I’ll ask you and everyone else.

Do you think Pochettino is using the squad he has available to him to the extent that only replacements are the answer?

Be honest.

Do you not think that Kane could be dropped for Moura or Son?
We scored 10 goals in three games after Kane’s injury last season. We beat Chelsea away and he played the last 12 minutes or so.

Do you honestly believe that tactically Poch can’t improve?

Do you honestly believe that Martial or Grealish would make a difference?
When Lamela and Son aren’t even starters?

Do you actually believe that we are nothing without Eriksen? And Dele couldn’t fill that role?

I ask because these are improvements that need to be made now. They have nothing to do with Levy.

Personally I think it’s really naive to think that all our problems disappear if Ndombele, Sessengon and Zaha were in the squad and Davies, Dier and Lamela were not.

Poch still wouldn’t drop Eriksen and Kane and people can talk about central midfield all they want, deep down they know full well we are failing up top bar Moura.

Another company would look at the progress though. Just like the club are doing.

I’ve asked John and he won’t answer, so I’ll ask you and everyone else.

Do you think Pochettino is using the squad he has available to him to the extent that only replacements are the answer?

Be honest.

Do you not think that Kane could be dropped for Moura or Son?
We scored 10 goals in three games after Kane’s injury last season. We beat Chelsea away and he played the last 12 minutes or so.

Do you honestly believe that tactically Poch can’t improve?

Do you honestly believe that Martial or Grealish would make a difference?
When Lamela and Son aren’t even starters?

Do you actually believe that we are nothing without Eriksen? And Dele couldn’t fill that role?

I ask because these are improvements that need to be made now. They have nothing to do with Levy.

Personally I think it’s really naive to think that all our problems disappear if Ndombele, Sessengon and Zaha were in the squad and Davies, Dier and Lamela were not.

Poch still wouldn’t drop Eriksen and Kane and people can talk about central midfield all they want, deep down they know full well we are failing up top bar Moura.
I think Pochettino can improve tactically, yes, I also think the players' application needs to improve.

It's utterly bizarre that you don't think that Levy/the Board/ENIC don't bear some of the responsibility.

As for the player I think would make the difference, see above. Personally I don't know, I wasn't keen on Grealish (mainly for silly reasons probably), thought Saha was ridiculously overpriced, was unsure about Martial... My main concern was and still is central midfield, I wasn't so fussed about further up.

But above all, like I say, I wanted us to sign Pochettino's number 1 target (or close to it), the player(s) that HE was convinced could take us up a level

Last edited:
I think Pochettino can improve tactically, yes, I also think the player's application needs to improve.

It's utterly bizarre that you don't think that Levy/the Board/ENIC don't bear some of the responsibility.

As for the player I think would make the difference, see above. Personally I don't know, I wasn't keen on Grealish (mainly for silly reasons probably), thought Saha was ridiculously overpriced, was unsure about Martial... My main concern was and still is central midfield, I I wasn't so fussed about further up.

But above all, like I say, I wanted us to sign Pochettino's number 1 target (or close to it), the player(s) that HE was convinced could take us up a level

I hold the board responsible for their faults and I hold Poch responsible for his.

Levy has put us in a position where we are now pissed off that we don’t have “that one player” to turn us into potential champions.

A decade ago we had Ramos as manager and was cracking one off because we had Braga in the EL.

Show me one other club that has progressed like us without had BILLIONS injected into it.
People scorn at the stadium argument.

It’s a valid argument though. They HAVE invested in us. Massively.

I’ve said many a time moving to Stratford would have been unforgivable and the end of my support for the club that used to be Spurs. Thankfully it didn’t happen, and I don’t pretend it was all a Levy masterstroke.
We would have left.

I also hold him responsible for setting us back 4 years by sacking Redknapp and appointing AVB. A move most of the same people slating Levy were all clamoring for.......blah blah blah next level something something...

I just find it nauseating that every single player signed is by Levy, or through his academy yet the same people who are berating him for not buying quality are all flapping over how all our world class players will leave.

And at the same time they worry about Eriksen and Toby and Kane and Poch etc all leaving for glory elsewhere, they then absolve those very same people of their share of the responsibility.

It’s very simple.

Kane is playing like shit. He is not playing like shit because we didn’t sign a central midfielder.

I hold the board responsible for their faults and I hold Poch responsible for his.

Levy has put us in a position where we are now pissed off that we don’t have “that one player” to turn us into potential champions.

A decade ago we had Ramos as manager and was cracking one off because we had Braga in the EL.

Show me one other club that has progressed like us without had BILLIONS injected into it.
People scorn at the stadium argument.

It’s a valid argument though. They HAVE invested in us. Massively.

I’ve said many a time moving to Stratford would have been unforgivable and the end of my support for the club that used to be Spurs. Thankfully it didn’t happen, and I don’t pretend it was all a Levy masterstroke.
We would have left.

I also hold him responsible for setting us back 4 years by sacking Redknapp and appointing AVB. A move most of the same people slating Levy were all clamoring for.......blah blah blah next level something something...

I just find it nauseating that every single player signed is by Levy, or through his academy yet the same people who are berating him for not buying quality are all flapping over how all our world class players will leave.

And at the same time they worry about Eriksen and Toby and Kane and Poch etc all leaving for glory elsewhere, they then absolve those very same people of their share of the responsibility.

It’s very simple.

Kane is playing like shit. He is not playing like shit because we didn’t sign a central midfielder.

Really good post and without profanity. Many will hopefully read it.

I was never a fan of Redknapp but as that's historical we can leave it.

The stadium argument is valid but we needed 1/2 players of sheer quality (cost I know) in the summer to have been at that point. We have a few who we could have sold. Now it's harder. Much harder.

But you are 100% correct and all those who slate Levy should not forget all the good he has done and the stability he provides. That is likely to continue. Pochettino is the manager and for the first time in a long while is faced with big decisions. That's why he is paid a king's ransom.

I would drop Kane. It is also about being fair to other players, who if they were also playing as far from their best as he is would not even be in the squad. It does him and us no good when he can play despite giving so iittle at the present time.

But Pochettino will work it out if he is as good as most of us believe.........or is that as good as most of us want to believe!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom