Standing still is falling behind

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How many signings of the other 19 clubs would have improved us?
Thats not the point. Or are you expecting us to be chasing the same players as Bournmouth, Watford, Palace etc..
The transfer window exists to give clubs the opportunity to improve their team. Every club apart from us made an effort, to some degree, to do just that.
We either thought we didn't need to improve, which is arrogance of the highest order, or refused to spend a single penny of the money required, which is scandelous for a club of our stature and wealth.
Whichever it is, you're obviosly gonna continue to defend the indefensible.

Not signing anyone can only have a negative effect on the team.
Firstly it alllows complacency to set in. You're good enough boys, no need to fight for your place.
Secondly, it sends out a clear message that the club is not serious about competing for major honours.
How else can you describe it when a club that finishes 3rd, only reached the last 16 in Europe, and failed to reach a domestic cup final fail to buy a single fucking player in the summer transfer window.

For one second can you change the record?

Can you evolve your argument?
Your views are stagnant, almost pitiful now.

Develope your thoughts a tad, because you’ve said the same thing 14 Million times.

I’ll help you along.

Do you think Poch is using the squad to it’s full potential?
Do you think he managed to get the best use out of Llorente and Janssen, and Njie and Nkoudou like he did with others?
Do you think Davies and Sanchez deserve dropping?
Do you think Son and Moura could be used to rest Kane?
Do you think Wanyama should have been reintroduced by now?
Do you think we should be pressing more?
Do you think we could make subs earlier?

All things that could improve us outside of the window. You seem to think that by signing Martial, our problems would have disappeared.

Again you did not once mention a striker before today. No one did.

No one except me.
12th July
Honestly what is this desperation? Llorente and Janssen out and a striker in would be an epic window

John, you was one of 4 people who pressed disagree to that post.

Again.......

I dont think the poor inertia on the pitch has anything to do with Levy "wanting to sell us" to be honest mate.

Two disagrees (one of the same people who disagreed with a post that said “but we scored” today)

So Kane’s been shit “because he knows Levy wants to sell the club”

When will people just just put down the internet for their own good

I’m not saying we couldn’t, but who would we bring in? Greilish? He’d be different, but he’s really not that great. The season before it was Barkley - another overrated player.

We have a big problem in midfield, and I’m really not sure what the answer is. You’d hope our scouts would be able to identify some midfielder on this planet that might improve us. January will be interesting.

Well, obviously we're a bit fenced-in and all, needing quality homegrown players to fill the ranks and move the club forward. It's too bad that our rivals have most of these players and are unwilling to sell them to us at prices fitting our usual transfer philosophies.

If this is the clubs current situation, and the club want to keep improving, then they will need to do whatever it takes to get us out of this soft-headlock. The club may have pay prices that seem far beyond what they should be in order to address the short-term needs of the squad. The long-term hopefully can be addressed via the academy and other astute purchases of young talent.

I highly suggest we look at buying Lewis Cook or other on-the-cusp English homegrown CMs this coming winter window. Shopping is only gonna get harder next summer with the combo of everyone knowing about our pile of expiring contracts and the usual degenerate increase in TV revenues. Not only that, but we are seriously at risk of missing out on top 4 this season. It's not going to be easy- we just lost our home tie against one of our big rivals. The club might find it easier to sign better talent before we possibly have missed out on CL for the next season.

Last edited:
Two disagrees (one of the same people who disagreed with a post that “but we scored” today)

So Kane’s been shit “because he knows Levy wasn’t to sell the club”

When will people just just put down the internet for their own good

Time to get rid of that button - or at least change it to ‘I think you’re a cunt’, because that’s what people really mean.

Of course I did. I dont think just selling janssen and Llorente and signing another striker would represent an EPIC WINDOW, as you put it.

But you could have enlarged on that at the time. And he’s right - change the bloody record. There isn’t one person on this board that doesn’t know how you feel.

Stand up - make your point - don’t quote Latin - then sit down.

Again you did not once mention a striker before today. No one did.
No one except me.
12th July
Hmmm. Whats this then
I dont want someone to back up harry kane I want someone to compete with Kane. Someone who isnt happy to just sit on the bench every week and take his wages. I want a player who we can rely on to lead the line so we dont HAVE to play Kane week in week out.
And there's plenty more. Do I really need to dig them out for you?

Chelsea and Liverpool 6 points ahead already with Woolwich and United right on our A$$. We'll be lucky to make Europa league if this keeps up. Forget about challenging for the title. The last two seasons was our opportunity. Had we strengthened we may have another stab, but we didn't so that ship has sailed. Levy, FK U you plum!

Chelsea and Liverpool 6 points ahead already with Woolwich and United right on our A$$. We'll be lucky to make Europa league if this keeps up. Forget about challenging for the title. The last two seasons was our opportunity. Had we strengthened we may have another stab, but we didn't so that ship has sailed. Levy, FK U you plum!

Learn to swear properly.

For one second can you change the record?
Can you evolve your argument?
Your views are stagnant, almost pitiful now.
Develope your thoughts a tad, because you’ve said the same thing 14 Million times.
I disagree. I think my views are becoming more and more vindicated as time goes by.

I think your views that our team didn't require serious financial investment is being shown up for the sham it allways was.

And I also think its more important than ever that I and others continue call out Levy and ENIC for their criminal negligence of the football team we both love in favour of the long term profit on their investment.

Last edited:
I disagree. I think my views are becoming more and more vindicated as time goes by.

I think your views that our team didn't require serious financial investment is being shown up for the sham it allways was.

And I also think its more important than ever that I and others continue call out Levy and ENIC for their criminal negligence of the football team we both love in favour of the long term profit of their investment.

My views have always been that Poch needs to use what he has. He doesn’t do that, and still isn’t.

Failing that he should replace the unused players.
If we’re stuck with Llorente he needs to get the best out of Llorente. End of.

There the manager is failing.

You will never admit to Pochs flaws because you think playing Kane and not Son is Levy’s fault for not spending big.

It’s fucking hocus pokus mate, and you know it.
What makes you think Poch would give Immobile a game ahead of Kane?

When he won’t drop him for Moura?

Fair enough, maybe if you hadn’t spent the last month demanding Martial for Toby I might of seen it
I didn't. You're all over the place tonight. I demanded that we keep Toby. And if we did sell him to Utd, wanted Martial as part of the deal, but didn't get him, then that would be a kop out.
My preference all along was to keep Toby Alderweirald.

I didn't. You're all over the place tonight. I demanded that we keep Toby. And if we did sell him to Utd, wanted Martial as part of the deal, but didn't get him, then that would be a kop out.
My preference all along was to keep Toby Alderweirald.

Yeah exactly “Toby is world class and selling him is unacceptable”

But not if we get an average AM that they don’t use in return to sit on our bench.

Who’s all over the place? You just wanted anyone in the end really. Weakening the defence so we can have 4 AMs playing for one spot would have been ok to you.

Yeah exactly “Toby is world class and selling him is unacceptable”

But not if we get an average AM that they don’t use in return to sit on our bench.

Who’s all over the place? You just wanted anyone in the end really. Weakening the defence so we can have 4 AMs playing for one spot would have been ok to you.

What are you still doing on here?

Lying cunt

They were always going to be. We peaked two years ago. All you had to do was wait until we were shit.
We ain't shit. I'm surprised you use those words.
But we had a real chance to push on and challenge for titles. Poch himself said so.
It appears the owners were reluctant to make an effort though. That's what's frustrating.

Anyway, i take it you'll also be giving MOTD a miss again this evening?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom