Standing still is falling behind

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I disageee somewhat.

Kane is our talisman but is not playing well enough to justify his place in my opinion.

His level ain't helping his team mates. He is entitled to a loss of form but his manager is also entitled to drop him accordingly.
Exactly......

People have got it arse about face.
World class players playing shit has no effect on the rest of the team?

But it’s the average CM that is rubbing off on them and dragging them down into playing poorly....??

Funny because as poor as Dier was, he was still ten times better than Kane today.

Absolutely. In any trade when you stay stand still and your competitors improve then you fall behind.

Levy knows that but new stadium fckued all finances and everything on the way.

Do you think we should have spent some serious wedge on a striker capable of competing with Kane? I do.
Especially as it's patently obvious Poch thinks Llorente is fucking shite and not worth playing.

I don’t think Poch will ever drop Kane so no, I don’t believe we would have spent 100M on a striker.

Llorente is shite because he has played about 4 games in a year.
That’s on the manager.

The player we bought from Swansea had just banged in 15 goals. If you don’t get minutes when the team is 3-0, 4-1, 6-1 up, then it’s the managers fault that Kane is fucked and his stand in can’t be trusted due to being rusty as fuck.

Or is that Levy’s fault too?

Son or Moura could stand in for Kane and he won’t drop Kane.
So why would he want an expensive new striker, and why weren’t you asking for one before today?

I was one of those who wasn’t too bothered about our lack of signings in the summer. Like most, I would have been happy with a new central midfielder, but I thought (and still think, to an extent) that continuity in the squad would help us grow and mature as a team.

Well it hasn’t played out like that at all. We’ve looked like a bunch of strangers in almost every game. Maybe freshening things up would have been for the best.

I still think the exploits of our players at the World Cup has left us with a bit of a hangover (as many thought it might), but there’s only so much you can blame on fatigue.

I don’t think Poch will ever drop Kane so no, I don’t believe we would have spent 100M on a striker.

Llorente is shite because he has played about 4 games in a year.
That’s on the manager.

The player we bought from Swansea had just banged in 15 goals. If you don’t get minutes when the team is 3-0, 4-1, 6-1 up, then it’s the managers fault that Kane is fucked and his stand in can’t be trusted due to being rusty as fuck.

Or is that Levy’s fault too?

Son or Moura could stand in for Kane and he won’t drop Kane.
So why would he want an expensive new striker, and why weren’t you asking for one before today?
If the manager keeps fucking up like you keep on telling us, why do you think Levy just rewarded him with a £3million a year pay rise?
Genuine question.

The problems are stemming from the players here, not players who arent.

You'd have a point if we were playing at our best, but we arent. I thought Kane was knackered?
But a new CM would give him more energy?

The issue is that Poch needs to grow a pair and bench him, and play with Moura, Son, Eriksen and Dele in a front four next week (injuries permitting).
If not Dele, then Lamela.

Also need to press the oppo. Can sign frikkin Gattuso if you want, but if you instruct him to back off, it dont make a difference.
We got owned in midfield today you clueless prick - blaming Kane lol. We had no control of the game. And that wasn’t even the best midfield in the League.

Still thinking our CMs didn’t need upgrading - can never admit you were wrong on the Internet . Utter utter joke

I was one of those who wasn’t too bothered about our lack of signings in the summer. Like most, I would have been happy with a new central midfielder, but I thought (and still think, to an extent) that continuity in the squad would help us grow and mature as a team.

Well it hasn’t played out like that at all. We’ve looked like a bunch of strangers in almost every game. Maybe freshening things up would have been for the best.

I still think the exploits of our players at the World Cup has left us with a bit of a hangover (as many thought it might), but there’s only so much you can blame on fatigue.
Not signing anyone can only have a negative effect on the team.
Firstly it alllows complacency to set in. You're good enough boys, no need to fight for your place.
Secondly, it sends out a clear message that the club is not serious about competing for major honours.
How else can you describe it when a club that finishes 3rd, only reached the last 16 in Europe, and failed to reach a domestic cup final fail to buy a single fucking player in the summer transfer window.

Not signing anyone can only have a negative effect on the team.
Firstly it alllows complacency to set in. You're good enough boys, no need to fight for your place.
Secondly, it sends out a clear message that the club is not serious about competing for major honours.
How else can you describe it when a club that finishes 3rd, only reached the last 16 in Europe, and failed to reach a domestic cup final fail to buy a single fucking player in the summer transfer window.
I just wanted a quality CM that’s all. Moura was always going to be a new signing of sorts

I just wanted a quality CM that’s all. Moura was always going to be a new signing of sorts

Part of the problem is the lack of potential targets. Who would we be able to bring in?

I would have been happy with Moutinho. At 32 he obviously wouldn’t have been a regular starter, but he would have added to the team. He’s a classy player with an eye for a key pass, and plenty of experience.

Instead he ends up at Wolves.

Part of the problem is the lack of potential targets. Who would we be able to bring in?
I don't buy that argument Jerry. How can 19 other clubs identify targets and sign them but not us?
I know all 19 can't improve on last season and some signings don't succeed, but at least they all made an effort.
We sat back and did fuck all.

I don't buy that argument Jerry. How can 19 other clubs identify targets and sign them but not us?
I know all 19 can't improve on last season and some signings don't succeed, but at least they all made an effort.
We sat back and did fuck all.

I’m not saying we couldn’t, but who would we bring in? Greilish? He’d be different, but he’s really not that great. The season before it was Barkley - another overrated player.

We have a big problem in midfield, and I’m really not sure what the answer is. You’d hope our scouts would be able to identify some midfielder on this planet that might improve us. January will be interesting.

Grealish was one:levylol:

priced out of signing Grealish. Yes it's come to that

Thanks to Levy we are a tremendously well run club. However we are very conservative when it comes to spending money on players. We have the resources to spend more on transfer fees and wages but we don't want to. :levyeyes:
Well levy doesn't want to, I'm sure he's the only one who doesn't.. good post mate

If the manager keeps fucking up like you keep on telling us, why do you think Levy just rewarded him with a £3million a year pay rise?
Genuine question.

Because his positives far outweigh his negatives.

Doesn’t mean I’m going to put him in the untouchables club with Kane, Eriksen and Dele and blame everyone else when they get it wrong.

Poch is one of the best managers out there, but his ruthlessness is conditional and that’s a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom