Spurs in the USA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DF27xUDXUAIZL27.jpg:large

There is something brilliant about that photo.

You look on the Man City site, the instagram it's fuck all to do with the fans, nothing there compared to our social media

It will be ingeguing tonight in an entirely neural zone middle of America to see how many city and how many Spurs will be there, and I already know the answer

Americans know their sport, 5, 10 however many years ago when they chose their team they didn't base it on transfer fees, mercenaries and Instant success, they wanted a team with character, a history and a future and a team they can relate to that acknowledges their support in return

Heading to airport shortly COYS

You look on the Man City site, the instagram it's fuck all to do with the fans, nothing there compared to our social media

It will be ingeguing tonight in an entirely neural zone middle of America to see how many city and how many Spurs will be there, and I already know the answer

Americans know their sport, 5, 10 however many years ago when they chose their team they didn't base it on transfer fees, mercenaries and Instant success, they wanted a team with character, a history and a future and a team they can relate to that acknowledges their support in return

Heading to airport shortly COYS
I love it, I agree too. Saw a vid from a fan pre-PSG game, whilst not my cup of tea we had a fan zone with what looked like a lot going on, PSG had one van selling shirts, big difference.

I do have one gripe though and yeah, it's fuelled with some jealously and that's we don't do much of this in good old Blighty, not talking about fan zones but on our friendlies they is a lot more fan and club engagement. May be because they are friendlies and/or less people??

Enjoy Mensa!

I love it, I agree too. Saw a vid from a fan pre-PSG game, whilst not my cup of tea we had a fan zone with what looked like a lot going on, PSG had one van selling shirts, big difference.

I do have one gripe though and yeah, it's fuelled with some jealously and that's we don't do much of this in good old Blighty, not talking about fan zones but on our friendlies they is a lot more fan and club engagement. May be because they are friendlies and/or less people??

Enjoy Mensa!

I think its the difference in culture.

American fan culture is a bit more family friendly

British football fan culture is mostly based on getting shit faced and doing gear in toilets that stink of piss.

Enjoy Mensa!

Having lived in England until 30 now seeing this side of things, there is definitely more the club can do to embrace the normal fans who go to games in England

It was easier for me to meet Poch, Ledley etc here in Chicago 3 years ago than in England, how is that possible? Maybe have meet the player evenings a couple of open trainings for big and small kids to get autographs, would go a long way

Having lived in England until 30 now seeing this side of things, there is definitely more the club can do to embrace the normal fans who go to games in England

It was easier for me to meet Poch, Ledley etc here in Chicago 3 years ago than in England, how is that possible? Maybe have meet the player evenings a couple of open trainings for big and small kids to get autographs, would go a long way
It's all about winning hearts and minds in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom