Spurs in the USA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does anyone actually get a cup at the end of the International Champions Cup?

international-champions-cup-trophy.jpg

Apparently there are 3 trophies...one for the winner in each China, Singapore, and the US? It's all shit, really...

Last edited:
Does anyone actually get a cup at the end of the International Champions Cup?
It's effectively three different tournaments, one for each country it's being played in. So we're in the United States section, where 8 teams are playing 3 games each. Whoever tops that table at the end wins the cup (with 2 points for a win on penalties and 1 point for a loss on them).

You never thought to Google "Tottenham Hotspur New York?" There's a supporter's club now in basically every metro area in the US
Nope, only in last +5yrs or so did I realize you lot even watch soccer ball. I've lived in both New York and San Francisco for a bit and never even heard a conversation about the game until 2008 when a colleague mentioned he followed Liverpool.

'The Spurs have 61 official supporters clubs in North America, more than any other English Premier League team'

Really? I would've assumed Man Utd or Liverpool?

That surprises me as well. The great thing is how the support in USA has grown organically with the club. The club does a great job of making international supporters truly feel like a big part of the club. Sending flags, scarves etc.. and also making it easy to obtain tickets when supporters make their way to a match. It kind of blows me away how much the support in the US has just exploded. I know Cleveland is not Boston, New York or LA but we started out with just 4 supporters around 2005 and now we have over 50 members officially and many more who come down to the pub casually to watch matches. I can't speak for other cities but I know Spurs are the best supported club in our city.

For anyone who was at the PSG match in Orlando, or anyone who has seen Spurs at friendlies in the US before, did any of the players come up to the stands during warm up before the match?

I'm going to the Roma match tonight in New Jersey and am curious if I could somehow snag a photo or autograph with any of the players.

Back
Top Bottom