Spurs in the USA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought we should probably have a thread to discuss these totally interesting friendlies we have coming up.

Here's the squad.

DFF2hW6XYAAiUIx.jpg:large

Players missing:

Sissoko (virus...who cares)
Lamela (hip)
Danny Rose (knee)
Heung-Min Son (arm)
Marcus Edwards (just returned from international duty but, probably something more to the fact he's not there)
Sterling (no idea, was told he was supposed to be going)

Edwards is sort of understandable considering.

Definitely hope there isn't more behind the scenes considering his contract has a year to run and no noise on a new deal. Don't remember seeing much of him in any first team training pics at the end of last season.

Sterling is the big omission. I wonder if Pochettino is thinking of loaning him out, I imagine that's why Harrison also hasn't travelled.

Happy for Oakley-Boothe. He's the youngest there isn't he?

Things I want to see this tour:

- Winks boss the midfield (this is a given)

- Onomah play in his most natural and best position (centre midfield, not on the wing please)

- Jansen score a goal (one will do. I'm not asking for miracles...well, okay maybe I am)

- N'Koudou to run at an actual player and beat him (won't get my hopes up on this one)

- Kyle Walker-Peters to play an absolute blinder against City, run over to Kyle Walker after the match, nut him, then go full Gladiator.
ayne.gif

Is it just me, or does Janssen look a bit leaner?
Yup. Dude's been looking leaner and leaner all spring. Seems to be catching on to the fitness level required.

I decided to contribute to this thread by selecting the soundtrack for this tour of the states.

:allitongue:

Really like those Spurs T-shirts.
They are a great buy. £20 for a t-shirt is not exacty cheap but they do feel pretty great. Got myself both the navy and white ones for everyday wear. I figured if people are paying money to buy the 'designer' Levi's or Tommy Hilfigger t-shirts I might as well wear a shirt that also supports my team.

Be prepared for the heat and humidity in Orlando.
Lower 90's...feel like temp will probably be close to the 100's...and the nice thick, warm, humid air, feels like putting on a hot, wet sweater! Enjoy!
Decent rain chance, so could see delay in game for lightning and such...

It's great for our US fans but I hate these matches. I'd much rather have some more local matches that made for entertaining away games over the summer... and would support British clubs' finances.

They are a great buy. £20 for a t-shirt is not exacty cheap but they do feel pretty great. Got myself both the navy and white ones for everyday wear. I figured if people are paying money to buy the 'designer' Levi's or Tommy Hilfigger t-shirts I might as well wear a shirt that also supports my team.
Where did you get the t-shirts from? I can see them on the spurs shop, but it won't let me fucking click it. :dier:

Back
Top Bottom