Spurs in the USA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

True, with 8 teams in the US part it should have been possible to make a fixture list that avoids that but I guess they want United v City, Roma v Juventus and Madrid v Barcelona for the ticket sales.
Everyone has 1 "derby", but us v City doesn't really even work for that.
Unfortunately there are no other big Champions League teams in North London we could have played. :pochsmirk:

'The Spurs have 61 official supporters clubs in North America, more than any other English Premier League team'

Really? I would've assumed Man Utd or Liverpool?

That surprises me as well. The great thing is how the support in USA has grown organically with the club. The club does a great job of making international supporters truly feel like a big part of the club. Sending flags, scarves etc.. and also making it easy to obtain tickets when supporters make their way to a match. It kind of blows me away how much the support in the US has just exploded. I know Cleveland is not Boston, New York or LA but we started out with just 4 supporters around 2005 and now we have over 50 members officially and many more who come down to the pub casually to watch matches. I can't speak for other cities but I know Spurs are the best supported club in our city.

I leave for Nashville first thing Wednesday morning. Getting an AirBnB with a great group of guys near Five Points. If you wanna grab a drink hit me up, but I haven't been coming on here too much recently.

If you see this flag you'll find me inside.

23ku5ps.jpg

We were fucking robbed, win 2 group games and take it easy for 3rd and only one fucking team goes through so went out on goal difference

#spursy

Nice to have Ledley come down though, the club are doing it right

InTheCity InTheCity Wheres the southern hospitality? Beers are on you!

Things I want to see this tour:

- Winks boss the midfield (this is a given)

- Onomah play in his most natural and best position (centre midfield, not on the wing please)

- Jansen score a goal (one will do. I'm not asking for miracles...well, okay maybe I am)

- N'Koudou to run at an actual player and beat him (won't get my hopes up on this one)

- Kyle Walker-Peters to play an absolute blinder against City, run over to Kyle Walker after the match, nut him, then go full Gladiator.
ayne.gif

Thought we should probably have a thread to discuss these totally interesting friendlies we have coming up.

Here's the squad.

DFF2hW6XYAAiUIx.jpg:large

Players missing:

Sissoko (virus...who cares)
Lamela (hip)
Danny Rose (knee)
Heung-Min Son (arm)
Marcus Edwards (just returned from international duty but, probably something more to the fact he's not there)
Sterling (no idea, was told he was supposed to be going)

What a great time. I'll post my pictures when I get back to Pensacola tomorrow. Long story short, the game was fantastic, we kept trading scarves for other city's scarves, and I ended up with a sign from the game.

10 out of 10, would definitely hang out with the Orlando Spurs again at their pub. They did a phenomenal job hosting all the groups.

It was also cool to meet mcampbell mcampbell and his wife. Awesome and legit Spurs fans.

Back
Top Bottom