Sporting CP vs Tottenham Hotspur. UEFA Champions League. Tuesday 13th September 2022 @17:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you measure it by then? A retractable NFL pitch? The biggest club shop in the world?

Both of those two things are very important in my worldview yes. Biggest club shop is something we should all be proud of. Surprised there’s not more songs about it.

Probably hold them in higher regard than the Papa Johns Trophy tbh.

I must say I’m worried about Bissouma. He’s good enough and should be getting much more game time.

I know the West Ham game wasn’t great, I think he was incredibly focused on being safe

Wobbly start and a silly yellow but I thought he seemed to steady himself in the 2nd half v WH.

Kinda thought he might start last night tbh, but nope.

I think the reaction after losing our first game of the season is very, very overblown.
We are playing badly since the start of the season, game after game and all Spurs fans expecting improvement which ain't coming. We played cr@p last night, there is no sign of improvement, Kane & Son are not playing well.

The starting XI doesn't look like a team playing for each other, there is no organisation, there is no thing in our play to talk about, LLoris makes a spectacular save and 30 seconds later we concede, 2 mins later 2-0 down and that's all at the 90 plus mins of the game, WTF is going on!

The reaction is NOT overblown at all if you put the above together.

It’s probably the tactics. Can Kane really be happy playing in a system that created f all for him. Sure he needs to do a lot more. But his constantly going deep as there is f all creativity behind him or on the wings.
Don't worry. He's off to Bayern....

Wobbly start and a silly yellow but I thought he seemed to steady himself in the 2nd half v WH.

Kinda thought he might start last night tbh, but nope.
I think he was clearly under strict instructions to keep it simple and not take chances. He was clearly playing within himself.

Will take time to get used to Conte's system.

I was thinking yesterday that there is no way we’d be giving away the ball so much if Dembele was still with us.

Woke up today expecting to feel better about yesterday's performance.
I don't. We were so, so poor yesterday. We've been toying with results like this for a while now and it caught us.
I'm in the camp that I'm ready to shake this off and hope it's a wake up call. However, we need to straighten this out and quickly. Leicester is a great opportunity for that to happen.
Beating the club at the bottom of the table with one point from 6 games won't mean anything except for 3 points. We need to show our mettle against teams with teeth...thank goodness City was postponed..

I would have changed 5 players yesterday SON, Hojberg, Emerson, Perisic, Davies for Kulu, Bassouma, Spence or Doch, Lenglet and Sess. No point in having a larger squad and not changing it up when it needs it
I would have substituted kane...he's getting away with murder atm...and I'm a big fan normally.

We are playing badly since the start of the season, game after game and all Spurs fans expecting improvement which ain't coming. We played cr@p last night, there is no sign of improvement, Kane & Son are not playing well.

The starting XI doesn't look like a team playing for each other, there is no organisation, there is no thing in our play to talk about, LLoris makes a spectacular save and 30 seconds later we concede, 2 mins later 2-0 down and that's all at the 90 plus mins of the game, WTF is going on!

The reaction is NOT overblown at all if you put the above together.
Played 6 won 4 - drawn 2- lost 0
The same as City...and this is us not playing at our best, so imagine what will happen when we start playing our best football.

Do you want Conte sacked then, seeing as you can't see any signs of improvement?

Hugely disappointing performance yet we almost got away with a draw which would have put us in command of the group.
It seems that out forwards often play with their back to goal and receive fifty-fifty balls where they try a quick pass around the corner to release a runner. 90% of these balls go nowhere and result in a loss of possession. The runner is often isolated.

I’d really like to see someone be able to carry the ball forward quickly from midfield and create space by, perhaps, beating a man. Only Kulu seems capable of doing this — although Sonny can too.
Sporting’s midfield certainly seemed able to. They looked far more dangerous than we did regardless of underlying stats. .

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp unimpressed with Todd Boehly's 'All-Star Premier League game' idea​

Last updated on3 hours ago3 hours ago.From the sectionPremier League

'When Boehly finds a date for that, he can call me' - Klopp on All-Star game suggestion
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is unimpressed by new Chelsea owner Todd Boehly's idea of a US style 'All-Star game' in the Premier League.
Boehly, part-owner of baseball team the LA Dodgers, and basketball sides the Los Angeles Lakers and the Los Angeles Sparks, suggested a north v south game.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp unimpressed with Todd Boehly's 'All-Star Premier League game' idea​

Last updated on3 hours ago3 hours ago.From the sectionPremier League

'When Boehly finds a date for that, he can call me' - Klopp on All-Star game suggestion
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is unimpressed by new Chelsea owner Todd Boehly's idea of a US style 'All-Star game' in the Premier League.
Boehly, part-owner of baseball team the LA Dodgers, and basketball sides the Los Angeles Lakers and the Los Angeles Sparks, suggested a north v south game.
I think the idea needs tweaking. Brexit vs Remainers. Metropolitan Liberal elite vs knuckle dragging Troglodytes. The cast of Hello dolly vs Hello kitty....tell you what Todd stay of the cheese last thing at night.

Back
Top Bottom