Sporting CP vs Tottenham Hotspur. UEFA Champions League. Tuesday 13th September 2022 @17:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking melting on here....mind you it is TFC. Calm down, have your Ovaltine, get a good nights sleep and everything will be better in the morning, i promise. Im off to bed soon so you guys behave yourselves and play nice, or.........
Oh shut up. Saying it how it is, is not melting. It's been like that all season. We've managed to get over the line all season so far and it was the same last week but needed a red to change it. 1 sub and it needed freshening up late on. The tired leggy passes whilst they put on their subs to inject some energy. It's a fact.

Oh shut up. Saying it how it is, is not melting. It's been like that all season. We've managed to get over the line all season so far and it was the same last week but needed a red to change it. It was the same today. 1 sub and it needed freshening up late on. It's a fact.
Performances not great agreed but our first loss of the season. Been here long enough not to panic padwan, too many people playing football manager on here no ones wtf is going on behind the scenes and lets face it we all have a bad day at work from time to time. Oh and tell me to shut up again and i'll wipe the fucking floor with you 👍🏾

Performances not great agreed but our first loss of the season. Been here long enough not to panic padwan, too many people playing football manager on here no ones wtf is going on behind the scenes and lets face it we all have a bad day at work from time to time. Oh and tell me to shut up again and i'll wipe the fucking floor with you 👍🏾
Yes it's our first loss but that is far from the truth. We've been fortunate in games since Southampton. It's been edgy games that are 1-0 for most of it and subs change the game and get us another goal. West ham away another similar game where energy levels drop due to 1 change in 90+ mins. That's the point. Use the subs, even if it is to freshen it up, likes of sess, sanchez, bissouma, skip. All of them could have been on. Had Marseille not got that red, not sure we'd have won. Conte needs to change the formation and/or use the bench. Why else were they bought??

Disappointed but we move on and will still get out of the group.
Midfield is getting constantly overun and we need to bolster.
Kane was awful I'm sorry to say and Deki should start v Leicester. Instead of Sonny.
Sporting were decent and should qualify, fair play to them.

Yes it's our first loss but that is far from the truth. We've been fortunate in games since Southampton. It's been edgy games that are 1-0 for most of it and subs change the game and get us another goal. West ham away another similar game where energy levels drop due to 1 change in 90+ mins. That's the point. Use the subs, even if it is to freshen it up, likes of sess, sanchez, bissouma, skip. All of them could have been on. Had Marseille not got that red, not sure we'd have won. Conte needs to change the formation and/or use the bench. Why else were they bought??
Too tired to argue and i mostly agree with what you're saying, hence the thumbs up. I think generally there's a lot of negativity around with one thing and another....just trying to be a bit positive is all.

Ignore him and his like who seem to think conte can do nothing wrong. In any nornal fan you would defo say he needed to make subs early on just for fresh legs to win this gane but a) give some minutes to players who haven’t played much and b) keep some players fresh for Saturday. However he did neither. Why flog Kane fir 90 minutes if you really don’t want to win the game? We hardly create any chances for him. At least if your gonna lose then g e some players minutes to get match fitness. But no, Doh and spence have played hardly any minutes this season. Biss could do with some minutes but again nothing. I really don’t understand the thinking as it certainly doesn’t backup the BS from his presser. Surely he must see all this? Another royal cross going no where. Is it deliberate some sort of Chelsea pay back. I can’t believe he couldn’t make any more subs than just kulu today.
I agree. But I don't think Conté has faith in what he has. He is known to be stubborn. I think he is showing Levy who really should be in charge. He is showing Levy, 'They won't play if I don't believe they good enough'.

I understand some believe Conté received what he wanted this window, I don't think so. He had 3 DM in PEH, Skipp and Bentancur, why Bassouma? I don't believe any Manager would like to have no AM in his whole team. We don't have one player other than Perisic that can deliver a decent cross. We still don't have a backup striker. We still using Davies and Dier in the Backline. Much as I applaud their passion and work ethic, most of our players would not make it into any of the other top six team. We just don't have the quality needed. Only one man is to blame for that.

Oh shut up. Saying it how it is, is not melting. It's been like that all season. We've managed to get over the line all season so far and it was the same last week but needed a red to change it. 1 sub and it needed freshening up late on. The tired leggy passes whilst they put on their subs to inject some energy. It's a fact.
100%! Had ducking week to prepare as well! Just imagine if we played citeh on Saturday. Conte would have had fit that he didn’t have week to prepare his team to play the same passive shite football .

I agree. But I don't think Conté has faith in what he has. He is known to be stubborn. I think he is showing Levy who really should be in charge. He is showing Levy, 'They won't play if I don't believe they good enough'.

I understand some believe Conté received what he wanted this window, I don't think so. He had 3 DM in PEH, Skipp and Bentancur, why Bassouma? I don't believe any Manager would like to have no AM in his whole team. We don't have one player other than Perisic that can deliver a decent cross. We still don't have a backup striker. We still using Davies and Dier in the Backline. Much as I applaud their passion and work ethic, most of our players would not make it into any of the other top six team. We just don't have the quality needed. Only one man is to blame for that.
However we did bring in a bunch of players? Remember he only plays 2 in CM so no room for attacking player. Also we got Ricoh for an inflated price and although his done generally well that is only in comparison to son and Kane stinking the place out generally. Juries out on him but conte wanted him. Surely we could have spent £60M on a better goal scorer?

Conte looked very subdued in his interview, I would prefer him to be angry.
He said the players need some rest … Naa, I would have them straight out on to the practice ground practicing passing until they look like professional players.
Need rest? They had a week off. They should have been running their bollocks off. Maybe Conte should make some subs if the players are that tired.

Back
Top Bottom