Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cheating generally describes various actions designed to subvert rules in order to obtain unfair advantages.

A False Claim is a claim or allegation of wrongdoing that is untrue and/or otherwise unsupported by facts. False Claims are also known as groundless accusations or unfounded accusations or false allegations or false claims.

This can be abbreviated to C.F.C. I wonder what those initials could also stand for........

Cheating generally describes various actions designed to subvert rules in order to obtain unfair advantages.

A False Claim is a claim or allegation of wrongdoing that is untrue and/or otherwise unsupported by facts. False Claims are also known as groundless accusations or unfounded accusations or false allegations or false claims.

This can be abbreviated to C.F.C. I wonder what those initials could also stand for........
Maybe the guy has had lots of racist abuse and is sensitive to it. He saw a load of angry white men chanting at him and misinterpreted it. Its only fucking football mate. Its not like he has stuck us on a boat and dragged us to another continent to work as a slave #priorities

Maybe the guy has had lots of racist abuse and is sensitive to it. He saw a load of angry white men chanting at him and misinterpreted it. Its only fucking football mate. Its not like he has stuck us on a boat and dragged us to another continent to work as a slave #priorities
Disagrees coming in for this, but no comments. Fucking ballless cowards

I think it's quite clear to everyone Rudiger made it up to distract from his horrible overreaction to what Son did.

Rudiger starts shithousing with Son. Son retaliates. Rudiger falls to the ground and starts screaming as if he's been shot. And the hometown favorite gets sent off.

So instead of being subjected to boos and criticism of his behavior Rudiger pulls the race card and starts shouting "Mean fans made noises :mad:" so the focus is no longer on anything he did but total attention is given to actions that may or may not have happened in the stands.

Still no pictures of any of our fans doing what Rudiger suggested he saw. The pictures of the man city fan were on the internet before that match had even ended.

Slanderous and libelous. The club should explore its legal options.

The biggest irony in all of this is the only person that’s been arrested for racism so far is a Chelsea fan...

Still no pictures of any of our fans doing what Rudiger suggested happened. The pictures of the Man City fan were on the internet before that match had even ended.

Slanderous and libellous. The club should explore its legal options.

The biggest irony in all of this is the only person that’s been arrested for racism so far is a Chelsea fan...
Great post which sums it all up.
Not holding out much hope but it would be great if Rudiger's actions had repercussions on his future career.

Last edited:
I don’t like the think bad of people so my guess would be that the ‘cheat, cheat, cheat’ shouts where misheard as monkey chants and they do sound similar.

I would have expected by now if a fan or fans had done something they would have been caught given our modern stadium, social media and TV media etc.

Still not happy some of our fans threw shit, they need to be dealt with but the club need to speak with Rudiger to confirm about the events and if he just misheard, and if so move on. If he was however just making shit up which I sincerely hope he was not then he need to be severely punished as that would be totally unacceptable for any professional sportsman.

Just listened to The Spurs Show podcast and Norman Jay OBE, famous DJ and happens to be a BLACK MAN, said that until evidence of the racial abuse can either be shown on video or audibly he doubts it actually happened and further more suggested that Rudiger may have falsely claimed to have heard monkey noises. Maybe he's being racist too, like the rest of us who just want to see justice done.

Still no pictures of any of our fans doing what Rudiger suggested he saw. The pictures of the man city fan were on the internet before that match had even ended.

Slanderous and libelous. The club should explore its legal options.

Spurs hired lip readers for crying out loud. They have the face of every single fan on video and no culprit so far.

But he didn't .... the protocol is to have a quiet word with your captain ... not to do monkey impressions that are picked up by cameras and plastered on media around the world ... nor do you then repeat those accusations all over social media, not unless you have proof. If you are going to do that then you'd better have the evidence to back it up .... or at least be prepared to retract your accusation if it's found to be wrong or unproven.

Rudiger has every right to accuse Spurs fans, he knows what he knows, equally Spurs fans have every right to demand to see the evidence, any accused person does. Just because Rudiger is a high profile black footballer doesn't mean he has free hand when it comes to making very serious allegations, his rights are no less and no more than the guy(s) he is accusing.

You seem to be disappearing up your own arse with a circular argument - how many people are needed to confirm proof - there is no correct answer, proof is a matter for the courts. If THFC produce video evidence either way then zero people, if ten people say he made a monkey chant and twenty say it was something else that's already 30 people and no real proof ... get the point?

As for Rudiger - he is a cheating cunt - that has nothing to do with his racism accusations just his behaviour as a football player. Try keeping those two things seperate before you also start casting unproven accusations at the fans...

youve referred to Rudiger violating the protocol several times.

please link to where the protocol says that the player needs to have “a quiet word” with his captain. Please link to where the protocol says a player can’t pantomime to indicate the abuse he’s heard. Please link to where the player cannot talk about if after on Twitter.

thank you

youve referred to Rudiger violating the protocol several times.

please link to where the protocol says that the player needs to have “a quiet word” with his captain. Please link to where the protocol says a player can’t pantomime to indicate the abuse he’s heard. Please link to where the player cannot talk about if after on Twitter.

thank you
Why? do you think doing monkey impressions and posting on Twitter is part of the FA protocol? do you? seriously you're defending a man casting unproven allegations against our club via Twitter? that can't be your position can it?

Like most on here I now think Rudiger miss-heard or indeed deliberately over-reacted to aggressive chanting ... evidence would suggest he was flat out wrong. To compound that 'mistake' on social network, and then for the talking heads and media to all pile in with their guilty as charged rhetoric shows what a sad 'woke' country we have now become.

This is not about victim shaming, Rudiger isn't a victim, the victims are the club and fans wrongly accused of being racists. But I guess we're not allowed to speak the truth anymore .... too many snowflakes

FYI - Oxford English Dictionary in January 2018 - Snowflake is now used as an insult to describe someone who is ‘overly sensitive or as feeling entitled to special treatment or consideration’.

At the end of the day we can never prove he made the allegations up. So I doubt he will be punished if we prove it never happened. I imagine he will just be told in future don't start making accusations online before any proof is found, and might get a slap on the wrist for it.

Of course the media will just pretend there little witch Hunt never happened and sweep it all away, they have the ones who should be punished because the reporting on this has been disgusting.

At what point can we expect apologies from, our fellow users, us lot who are now apparently racist for daring to have suggested that evidence should be seen before incriminating the club?

Shall we wait a few more days? Or are you woke virtue signallers ready to start issuing apologies?

Ironically I've even been told on this forum that I should be "Nagasaki'd" over my 'racist views' on this subject. Being half Japanese, that's one of the worst instances of racism I've ever experienced to be honest. I haven't had anything like that said to me since school in the 80s. None of you woke boys have said a word about that. Or much about the Son thing either.. Which also ACTUALLY HAPPENED

Simply underlines to me the massive hypocrisy on the subject.

Last edited:
At what point can we expect apologies from, our fellow users, us lot who are now apparently racist for daring to have suggested that evidence should be seen before incriminating the club?

Shall we wait a few more days? Or are you woke virtue signallers ready to start issuing apologies?

Ironically I've even been told on this forum that I should be "Nagasaki'd" over my 'racist views' on this subject. Being half Japanese, that's one of the worst instances of racism I've ever experienced to be honest. I haven't had anything like that said to me since school in the 80s. None of you woke boys have said a word about that. Or much about the Son thing either.. Which also ACTUALLY HAPPENED

Simply underlines to me the massive hypocrisy on the subject.
I don't think waiting for evidence is the problem. The problem is the assertion from some that he is lying despite there being no evidence for that either.

I don't think waiting for evidence is the problem. The problem is the assertion from some that he is lying despite there being no evidence for that either.
Well I never said he was lying.

But your response demonstrates that that's clearly still a bigger issue to you than a user on this forum using a nagasaki taunt to a Japanese fellow forum user 🙄 OK

Or maybe he's just as Chelsea cunt? just like you .....

Back
Top Bottom