Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really don't want to disrespect a man from claiming what he claimed occurred. But it seems in this day and age with every bit of technology and more, looking for evidence it seems the lines have been blurred somewhat and just maybe it's possible it didn't occur to the degree that it not only was suggested, but also that the likes of Neville made out.
I'm in no way condoning racism or abuse of that nature, but it seems at this point in time we know a Chelsea fan is guilty of racism. But i have an issue with the media deciding what to run with as a headline and it seems, what to ignore.

Last edited:
Well I never said he was lying.

But your response demonstrates that that's clearly still a bigger issue to you than a user on this forum using a nagasaki taunt to a Japanese fellow forum user 🙄 OK
I'm not talking about you. I'm just saying what I think people on the other side of the argument have a problem with.

I just saw that user's comments just now. The fella is a clown just trying to get a rise out of you and everybody else. He has got what he deserved.

I don't think waiting for evidence is the problem. The problem is the assertion from some that he is lying despite there being no evidence for that either.
He may not be lying but it's looking more and more like he made a mistake ... at the end of the day justice has to go on the balance of evidence ... it's his word that he heard a voice, or voices, amongst 62,000 fans doing a monkey chant. Opposing that is an entire block of fans, hundreds of hours of investigation, and a media feeding frenzy ... on the balance of evidence which scenario is more likely to be correct: he made a mistake or that he was the only person to have heard, recorded, or videoed a monkey chant?

It can never be proven, he said she said, but if you had to vote which way would you go?

I'm not talking about you. I'm just saying what I think people on the other side of the argument have a problem with.

I just saw that user's comments just now. The fella is a clown just trying to get a rise out of you and everybody else. He has got what he deserved.
he's got what he deserved? Seriously?

He may not be lying but it's looking more and more like he made a mistake ... at the end of the day justice has to go on the balance of evidence ... it's his word that he heard a voice, or voices, amongst 62,000 fans doing a monkey chant. Opposing that is an entire block of fans, hundreds of hours of investigation, and a media feeding frenzy ... on the balance of evidence which scenario is more likely to be correct: he made a mistake or that he was the only person to have heard, recorded, or videoed a monkey chant?

It can never be proven, he said she said, but if you had to vote which way would you go?
I'd say he misheard. I'm ok with that, I don't care about the media and all the rest of it. We have followed protocol and done everything we can.

A red card. Permaban I hope.What more can happen than that?
I'm sure a coward like that would not repeat it offline.
OK listen I like you and 90% of the time you and me are on the same page

But. Guy says that and an Internet forum ban is 'getting what he deserved' to you

However a mythical supporter doesn't do a monkey chant.. And people all over this site screaming all kinds of rhetoric on how harsh his punishment should be should he be caught. Prison, life bans, ruined life and more is seemingly what this mythical fan should expect

But abuse an Asian person, and a forum ban is acceptable to you

So you seriously not see the disconnect there?

OK listen I like you and 90% of the time you and me are on the same page

But. Guy says that and an Internet forum ban is 'getting what he deserved' to you

However a mythical supporter doesn't do a monkey chant.. And people all over this site screaming all kinds of rhetoric on how harsh his punishment should be should he be caught. Prison, life bans, ruined life and more is seemingly what this mythical fan should expect

But abuse an Asian person, and a forum ban is acceptable to you

So you seriously not see the disconnect there?
No racist abuse to anyone is acceptable but people do this online because they mostly can get away with it. Our courts and prisons would be full if we chased down every online racist abuser. Just when I'm watching youtube videos alone, there is a huge amount of racism in the comments section.

If it was done offline, that's a different thing. The guy could get caught and get hauled up in front of the courts, like what will happen to guy who abused Son.

I was in the area and we were all shouting at him for pretending injuryand getting Son sent off. I did hear one person start shouting ‘cheat cheat cheat’. And I think he chose to claim it was a monkey noise

hopefully the club have involved the Police & Kick It Out all the way though this, I expect the club will have staff in the blocks concerned today asking for information (& hope they have emailed all seat holders in that block for any comments) then if no evidence comes to light we can have a big press conference with the police & Kick it out (hopefully with Rudiger & Chelsea) to say we have looked and cannot find any evidence of monkey chants

I’m still pretty confused as to why this is the story that’s making headlines despite there being a 100% confirmed racist attack on Son. Surely the headlines should read - “Chelsea fan arrested over racist attack on Son.” Then mention the allegations RE Rudiger and the investigations that are going into that.

The fact that most articles have it the other way round shows that they’re trying to push an agenda.

Just one more thing, FokkenPrawn FokkenPrawn , Jerry has been accused of being Davey and I think some people think he is. The only evidence is that he hates Tories and had an argument with you and was sent off for it. Unless anyone can find out for sure, this shit is going to stick to him. Is that right? He's going to be branded as racist.

Just one more thing, FokkenPrawn FokkenPrawn , Jerry has been accused of being Davey and I think some people think he is. The only evidence is that he hates Tories and had an argument with you and was sent off for it. Unless anyone can find out for sure, this shit is going to stick to him. Is that right? He's going to be branded as racist.
I think it was pretty swiftly established that it probably wasn't Jerry

Davey was not Jerry

Spursdem aka Sam Moody
Ruislip’s finest.....

So you agree with him doing the monkey impressions then?

What’s the point of having a’quiet word’ with your captain after doing that?

His intent was quite clear the same as feigning the injury to get a fellow professional sent off

That said’Happy Xmas
What?!!

What do you mean his intent is quite clear? Of fucking course it clear, he's communicating what he thinks he's just heard directed to him.

Is this a crime now? Fucking hell!!!!

Happy Christmas to you to mate.

What?!!

What do you mean his intent is quite clear? Of fucking course it clear, he's communicating what he thinks he's just heard directed to him.

Is this a crime now? Fucking hell!!!!

Happy Christmas to you to mate.
You’ve been ruined, mate - take a few days off

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom