Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has Son ever once done slanty eyed impressions towards the bench? has Son made accusations in the media about other clubs fans? has Son got a twitter account where he accuses opposing fans? In fact has Son ever done anything other than act like a consummate professional and leave these matters to the correct authorities?

Maybe you need to dance around like a monkey, post accusations on twitter, sell you stories to the media, maybe that is what it takes as a Chelsea player .... but when 57,000 Spurs fans attend a match and when even after three days of intensive investigation so far only two Chelsea fans have been found guilty of using racial abuse ... I'd proudly argue that our club has an almost ZERO racism problem, indeed Spurs fans are some of the most racially tolerant, and most likely to speak up should they hear racist behaviour, fans in the EPL .... just don't tell the media, what on earth would they print then?

Sadly there will always be the odd 1, but why not congratulate the 56,999 for a change .... we've becoming obsessed by the tiny minority, that never ends well.

Congratulate people for not being racist?

This reminds me of a Chris Rock joke.
He said some guys say, “I take care of my kids”,
to which he replied, “you’re supposed to take of your kids! What do you want, a fucking cookie?”

You’re supposed to not be racist. You don’t get a fucking cookie for not being racist.

Where the pictures of the racist fan gestures? It's been two days already. Meanwhile Rudiger is a victim of racism while no one is talking about his dirty play. A shot to Son's kidney then feigning injury. And Spurs fans are all over Son for the red card. Who's getting played here?

But he didn't .... the protocol is to have a quiet word with your captain ... not to do monkey impressions that are picked up by cameras and plastered on media around the world ... nor do you then repeat those accusations all over social media, not unless you have proof. If you are going to do that then you'd better have the evidence to back it up .... or at least be prepared to retract your accusation if it's found to be wrong or unproven.

Rudiger has every right to accuse Spurs fans, he knows what he knows, equally Spurs fans have every right to demand to see the evidence, any accused person does. Just because Rudiger is a high profile black footballer doesn't mean he has free hand when it comes to making very serious allegations, his rights are no less and no more than the guy(s) he is accusing.

You seem to be disappearing up your own arse with a circular argument - how many people are needed to confirm proof - there is no correct answer, proof is a matter for the courts. If THFC produce video evidence either way then zero people, if ten people say he made a monkey chant and twenty say it was something else that's already 30 people and no real proof ... get the point?

As for Rudiger - he is a cheating cunt - that has nothing to do with his racism accusations just his behaviour as a football player. Try keeping those two things seperate before you also start casting unproven accusations at the fans...

Your problem is that Rudiger is a cheating cunt and he made public allegations that should have been handled privately. I can only speak to the first issue. I agree. I don’t know enough about your second issue to opine.

If his allegations are sincere, I am not sure I agree with you. Why should he keep it “quiet”?
If he was racially abused, why should it be private? Why do you care?

Please don’t take this the wrong way, if you were in front of me you will know this is meant in good grace. But are you aware that that response you have just given discourages some people from reporting racism? You are creating an environment where tribalism comes first. It’s one of the reasons how the NF infiltrated the terraces in the 70’s.

It takes balls to confront and do something about racism it has nothing to do with the team we are playing against ( and of course I’m more than aware of the history here). But what’s there to defend? I can tell you hand on heart we have racists in our fanbase, we’ve probably got child abuses, wife beaters and murders. Please, don’t tell me you don’t believe that we don’t?

I’m saying don’t make it easy for these CUNY’s to hide. Don’t make an environment where it’s easier for someone to not report or confront it if they encounter it. If you’re passionate about not having racists in our fanbase then accept that they are there and they do exist. Then create an environment that empowers footballers, fans to report it. To do this means applauding those brave enough to do something about it.
Specifically I’m talking about REPORTING/CONFRONTING it. It’s then up to the authorities to do something about it.
Yes our fan base is not perfect no clubs fans are! What’s winding up the majority on here with the exception of you and one or two others is that fact that ONE guy ONE allegedly heard racist abuse directed at him in noisy busy atmospherically charged football stadium yet no one else heard or seen it,NO ONE yes it’s protocol, yes I’m sure it’s not nice to here yes it did what he was meant to do as report it but as said previously he may just have had an alternate reason for implying this incident occurred. And bare in mind we as a fan base get continually abused we countered acted the abuse and embraced it and we still are the ones in the wrong I’d think the majority of us know what a abuse is and feels like.

Last edited:
So the only proven bit of racism so far is the Chavksi cunt who abused Son but none of that has made the headlines nor a blip from Lampard, Neville, Lieneker, etc. Wonder if Rudiger would post anything about that on his Twitter ...

Your problem is that Rudiger is a cheating cunt and he made public allegations that should have been handled privately. I can only speak to the first issue. I agree. I don’t know enough about your second issue to opine.

If his allegations are sincere, I am not sure I agree with you. Why should he keep it “quiet”?
If he was racially abused, why should it be private? Why do you care?

Fair point but I'll throw this back at you - if someone accuses your family of racism, then repeats those unproven accusations in public giving you almost no opportunity to defend yourself, would you be OK with that?

Spurs are in that sense a family, we admit to having black-sheep but we are not institutional racist, rightly we strongly object to that accusation being made "Spurs day of Shame" headlines are just shocking. The whole "Yid" racism accusations has made many fans feel uncomfortable already, to have some serial accuser heap salt on that wound ... yeah not happy about it.

I would love for the club to come out make a statement saying that an exhaustive investigation has show Rudiger to be flat out wrong, to call out all the TV talking heads and gutter journalists who were so keen to slander our club ... if it was your 'family' wrongly accused wouldn't you do just that? ... But of course they can't because we would just be accused of attacking the 'victim' even when there's no evidence to say he's a victim at all ...

The longer no evidence is forthcoming the more we should at least push back ... Rudiger was entitled to make his accusations however if they're not proven we're entitled to demand he withdraws them ... won't happen but it probably should, allow people to throw enough mud and eventually it sticks.

Last edited:
I don't care if you think he is a cunt. i don't care if he is a chelsea west ham or Woolwich player nobody in this world deserves racism against them, his reaction was perfectly normal, just like rose reaction was perfectly normal when he played for england. I want my tottenham hotspur to be represented in the highest regard with class and love, football is a game we are all passionate about we are all children of the world, I'm sorry but i won't tolerate anytype of explanation of rudiger is a cunt and was faking.

I don't care if you think he is a cunt. i don't care if he is a chelsea west ham or Woolwich player nobody in this world deserves racism against them, his reaction was perfectly normal, just like rose reaction was perfectly normal when he played for england. I want my tottenham hotspur to be represented in the highest regard with class and love, football is a game we are all passionate about we are all children of the world, I'm sorry but i won't tolerate anytype of explanation of rudiger is a cunt and was faking.

I haven't read a post here were anyone is defending racism.
Personally, I don't care about Rudigers personality, histrionics etc.
If he was racially abused, then a life ban for the offender is in order.
Like the other recent cases though, can we await the results of the investigation by both Club and authorities before passing judgement ?
I find it hard to believe that evidence wont surface to either substantiate the claim or refute it.

Fucking hell, you again with exactly the same nonsense as last time. Change the fucking tune, why are you belting out the same nonsense? I'm going to give you exactly the same answer.....

He followed the protocol. He spoke to his Captain, his Captian spoke to the ref!!! The ref then did what he did (there IS confusion whether Taylor followed the right protocol. There are TWO protocols that exist, it would appear he went the route of FIFA's protocol and NOT the PL's, Spurs have asked for clarification on this).

Nothing that he did was incorrect. The fact that the stadium announcer made THREE public announcements about racial abuse is about as crystal clear as to the nature of his complaint. IT'S THE FUCKING PROTOCOL to do this!!! This isn't discreet it's a fucking public announcement, that's also heard and reported on by those watching on TV and listening on the Radio, there is NOTHING discreet about it. It's part of the protocol.

He or any other player can't provide proof, he's not wearing a fucking camera or has a tape recorder stuffed up his arse!! He's a player, wearing shorts and a football shirt. He followed the protocols, did what he's been instructed to do. From that moment it's in the hands of the officials to officiate and investigate and gather evidence to support what he thought he saw/heard.

What evidence do you want him to produce? What evidence can HE produce? Fucking Hell!! How thick are you?

Your 2nd last paragraph is to confirm what I've written to daft nut. It doesn't matter if there is 1 person or 1 thousand people who witnessed it, if there is evidence and they can identify someone and tie that evidence to that individual(s) then that's all they need. Evidence will be provided via eye witness accounts and whatever The Stadium Tech is employed to do. You (Spurs fans) will not get to see this evidence no matter how much you demand it. This is because it's evidence and will be used in a court of law (if sufficient) to make a conviction. It might be deemed that they can't tie what has been heard to an individual. It might be that they simply can't any or not enough and it will not go to court as a result. The evidence is presented as part of a case against an individual(s) who is accused, the evidence doesn't prove or disprove innocence or guilt, that is down to the courts, not you, me, Spurs fans or the media.

How fucking hard is it to get your head around this?

Are you pissed? What the fuck is your last para about?
1. Are you telling me to "keep it separate"??!! I am you burke. I have ONLY spoken about the protocol that he followed. I've made NO other statement about the player. YOU are the one not keeping what you think about him separate from the incident!! You've actually called him a "cheating cunt" in the same sentence!! How dumb are you?
2. What unproven accusations have I cast about at the fans? I haven't accused any fan of anything.

So you agree with him doing the monkey impressions then?

What’s the point of having a’quiet word’ with your captain after doing that?

His intent was quite clear the same as feigning the injury to get a fellow professional sent off

That said’Happy Xmas

People like Rudiger who lie about being racially abused are the slime and scum of all life. And they themselves know this and revel in it. Because it usually works in their favor, that they will be believed and rewarded - pampered and placated. Make up any lie when things don't go your way, or you are angry, or you need an alibi.

Yer to hear any comments regarding the racial abuse towards Son (which is not a first towards him) from former (3.5 months in charge) Valencia manager Neville. Seems Neville is only concerned about harassment (whether legitimate or not?) when it suits his agenda. So much for being the torch bearer for victims.

Yer to hear any comments regarding the racial abuse towards Son (which is not a first towards him) from former (3.5 months in charge) Valencia manager Neville. Seems Neville is only concerned about harassment (whether legitimate or not?) when it suits his agenda. So much for being the torch bearer for victims.
He was talking about two main parties being involved in racism, but he still tweeted "Labour" on election day. Twat.

I was with a mate last night he is a medic at Spurs home games. He said on his induction he was told that if there is a medical incident inside the ground it will be seen as the whole ground is monitored.
He added it's the best place to have a heart attack!

So you have evidence that there was racist chanting? - if so please share it ... if not stfu .... we're not "your Tottenham Hotspur" we will stand up for what's right and not just bow down to false accusations, the world is not yet entirely full of snowflakes.

Last edited:
Who gives a fuck what you think, johnny Come Lately

He's been guilty before of being a cunt and a fake though? Surely you understand the scepticism?

Back
Top Bottom