Rudiger claims he heard monkey chants

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the biggest takeaway I have gotten from the recent racist accusations and events is that you lot over there (Europe in general not just the UK) are a strange lot. I get the connotation associated with the monkey chat, but it seems not just racist, but extremely childish and lazy.
Yes, at least we are more subtle with our racism in the USA.

In this instance, reasonable proof would be a charge or conviction (as you've already conceded).

....I don't see that people are literally holding out for a 'juicy' bit of video evidence to be released by the club.

As far as I can see, anyone you may be alluding to have lone gone from this debate tho.... Certainly not those few that you are continuing to argue with.

On the basis of events that led to Sonny getting sent off, no?

Thta's not a fact. He's made allegations to that effect. Allegations that are currently being investigated.

With respect, you're off on one at this point mate..... The last 3 para's really have nothing to do with the post I made and I've yet to see anyone claim that a player should not report what they feel was a racist attack.

I just don't see the need for the interim 'shame' that the remaining dregs of this debate revolve around.

(If you don't feel I have a fair point here then by all means carry on, but my point here is simple.... I don't see what tearing each other to bits over the 'what if' achieves here.)
He’s believes he was racially abused. He followed the protocol that is in place for this exact scenario. Once reported it was then all in the hands of the officials. He’s done nothing wrong.

You at least acknowledge that there have been some calling him a cunt, turning the situation back on him. Think about that, imagine being in an environment both real world and online where you do everything you are told you should do only to be chastised for doing it?!

Proof comes from the resulting investigations by those trained to do so. That’s it. There’s nothing else to do or see here.

Sorry if I’ve not answered all your points or even not addressed those you’ve raised probably but I’ve been fucking cooking all day, only checking in here when I have a spare 5mins, plus I might have mixed up who I’m talking to lol. Fuck I’m shagged.

More. Than. 1. Single. Twitter. User.

I don't fekkin know how many... Depends on the quality of Intel obviously... But more than 1 ffs! How is this even an argument?

I'm out. Knock yourself out woke boy.. You're embaressing yourself and your 'cause', whatever the fuck that is
You are making it an argument mate, not me. I have absolutely no problem with the player reporting what he thought he heard. I’ve no problem with the protocol that was followed. I’ve no problem with it being investigated.

You do, you are the one who’s arguing their case for something else. The embarrassment is all yours. If you haven’t understood my take on this then I can only assume you don’t want to or haven’t got the intellect to follow the points made.

Btw quite a few posters including myself have stated we have heard racist comments/abuse at the Lane before from out lot. Does the fact that there is no video evidence mean we didnt hear it and it didn't happen?
Did you run on the pitch do a monkey impression, report it to an official, and post accusations all over Twitter? Was Spurs good name slammed around the world? Was there a massive media and police investigation then carried out? ... was it the same thing?

Nobody is denying that racist comments have happened, personalty I've heard loads, I used to sing the "who's that giving me black looks, it's Garth Crooks" song back in the day ... wasn't deemed racist then, clearly would be now. Remember racism is not the words but the intent, calling a small child a "cheeky monkey" isn't necessarily racist, calling a black adult football player a 'monkey' certainly is.

The fact you didn't accuse or report anyone in your incident means it's unproven - might have happened might not - the fact that Rudiger accused Spurs fans makes it a whole different scenario. You don't need 'proof' to relate a story, you should need proof when you make very public allegations.

So what do we know
1 a Chelsea fan is accused of racism
2 Rudiger is not honest in his actions by feigning he had been hurt by Son. If he had dived in the penalty area he gets booked but this is worse getting a player sent off.
3 Rudiger has very good hearing in being able to pick out racist sounds and saw gestures despite playing in a match and supporters stating non racist chanting was going on.
4 Rudiger has made previous accusations in the last few months that could not be confirmed.
5 despite there being many black players in both teams none of the others received or heard any racist remarks including Willian who I believe took corners in this part of the pitch and is a target for snubbing the club.
None of this means it did not happen and I was not there and so have no idea but so much has been made of this by the media, BBC had it as their main headline all of yesterday and yet when the racist Chelsea supporter was revealed it got just a 2 line mention. It appears to have drawn more attention than the Manchester incident which did have TV pictures. It does beg the question that the Media is taking advantage of the accusations to have a go at our club.

It’s also not down to the player to provide any evidence. He followed the protocol that’s been put into place.

But he didn't .... the protocol is to have a quiet word with your captain ... not to do monkey impressions that are picked up by cameras and plastered on media around the world ... nor do you then repeat those accusations all over social media, not unless you have proof. If you are going to do that then you'd better have the evidence to back it up .... or at least be prepared to retract your accusation if it's found to be wrong or unproven.

Rudiger has every right to accuse Spurs fans, he knows what he knows, equally Spurs fans have every right to demand to see the evidence, any accused person does. Just because Rudiger is a high profile black footballer doesn't mean he has free hand when it comes to making very serious allegations, his rights are no less and no more than the guy(s) he is accusing.

You seem to be disappearing up your own arse with a circular argument - how many people are needed to confirm proof - there is no correct answer, proof is a matter for the courts. If THFC produce video evidence either way then zero people, if ten people say he made a monkey chant and twenty say it was something else that's already 30 people and no real proof ... get the point?

As for Rudiger - he is a cheating cunt - that has nothing to do with his racism accusations just his behaviour as a football player. Try keeping those two things seperate before you also start casting unproven accusations at the fans...

It’s a very interesting situation, Son and similar players can get hit late 10 times a game but have to act perfectly disciplined. Which they should but it is hard when Rudiger deliberately hits him in the back stands close to attract the reaction and gets a slight lift of a leg. Son gets sent off. Rudiger is the most hated man in the stadium getting chants. By suggesting racism he suddenly goes from villain to hero. True or not it is easy to see how someone might suggest racism in the heat of the moment.

But he didn't .... the protocol is to have a quiet word with your captain ... not to do monkey impressions that are picked up by cameras and plastered on media around the world ... nor do you then repeat those accusations all over social media, not unless you have proof. If you are going to do that then you'd better have the evidence to back it up .... or at least be prepared to retract your accusation if it's found to be wrong or unproven.

Rudiger has every right to accuse Spurs fans, he knows what he knows, equally Spurs fans have every right to demand to see the evidence, any accused person does. Just because Rudiger is a high profile black footballer doesn't mean he has free hand when it comes to making very serious allegations, his rights are no less and no more than the guy(s) he is accusing.

You seem to be disappearing up your own arse with a circular argument - how many people are needed to confirm proof - there is no correct answer, proof is a matter for the courts. If THFC produce video evidence either way then zero people, if ten people say he made a monkey chant and twenty say it was something else that's already 30 people and no real proof ... get the point?

As for Rudiger - he is a cheating cunt - that has nothing to do with his racism accusations just his behaviour as a football player. Try keeping those two things seperate before you also start casting unproven accusations at the fans...
Fucking hell, you again with exactly the same nonsense as last time. Change the fucking tune, why are you belting out the same nonsense? I'm going to give you exactly the same answer.....

He followed the protocol. He spoke to his Captain, his Captian spoke to the ref!!! The ref then did what he did (there IS confusion whether Taylor followed the right protocol. There are TWO protocols that exist, it would appear he went the route of FIFA's protocol and NOT the PL's, Spurs have asked for clarification on this).

Nothing that he did was incorrect. The fact that the stadium announcer made THREE public announcements about racial abuse is about as crystal clear as to the nature of his complaint. IT'S THE FUCKING PROTOCOL to do this!!! This isn't discreet it's a fucking public announcement, that's also heard and reported on by those watching on TV and listening on the Radio, there is NOTHING discreet about it. It's part of the protocol.

He or any other player can't provide proof, he's not wearing a fucking camera or has a tape recorder stuffed up his arse!! He's a player, wearing shorts and a football shirt. He followed the protocols, did what he's been instructed to do. From that moment it's in the hands of the officials to officiate and investigate and gather evidence to support what he thought he saw/heard.

What evidence do you want him to produce? What evidence can HE produce? Fucking Hell!! How thick are you?

Your 2nd last paragraph is to confirm what I've written to daft nut. It doesn't matter if there is 1 person or 1 thousand people who witnessed it, if there is evidence and they can identify someone and tie that evidence to that individual(s) then that's all they need. Evidence will be provided via eye witness accounts and whatever The Stadium Tech is employed to do. You (Spurs fans) will not get to see this evidence no matter how much you demand it. This is because it's evidence and will be used in a court of law (if sufficient) to make a conviction. It might be deemed that they can't tie what has been heard to an individual. It might be that they simply can't any or not enough and it will not go to court as a result. The evidence is presented as part of a case against an individual(s) who is accused, the evidence doesn't prove or disprove innocence or guilt, that is down to the courts, not you, me, Spurs fans or the media.

How fucking hard is it to get your head around this?

Are you pissed? What the fuck is your last para about?
1. Are you telling me to "keep it separate"??!! I am you burke. I have ONLY spoken about the protocol that he followed. I've made NO other statement about the player. YOU are the one not keeping what you think about him separate from the incident!! You've actually called him a "cheating cunt" in the same sentence!! How dumb are you?
2. What unproven accusations have I cast about at the fans? I haven't accused any fan of anything.

So what do we know
2 Rudiger is not honest in his actions by feigning he had been hurt by Son. If he had dived in the penalty area he gets booked but this is worse getting a player sent off.
3 Rudiger has very good hearing in being able to pick out racist sounds and saw gestures despite playing in a match and supporters stating non racist chanting was going on.
4 Rudiger has made previous accusations in the last few months that could not be confirmed.
5 despite there being many black players in both teams none of the others received or heard any racist remarks including Willian who I believe took corners in this part of the pitch and is a target for snubbing the club.
None of this means it did not happen and I was not there and so have no idea but so much has been made of this by the media, BBC had it as their main headline all of yesterday and yet when the racist Chelsea supporter was revealed it got just a 2 line mention. It appears to have drawn more attention than the Manchester incident which did have TV pictures. It does beg the question that the Media is taking advantage of the accusations to have a go at our club.

I think TRUE Spurs fans should listen to these points. There is nothing unreasonable in what he said. The problem is there are many Chelsea/Woolwich fans pretending to be Spurs fans on here who stick up for Sky and Gary Neville, and the cheating FA, and they dupe the Sun-reader proper Spurs fans who don't have a bacon sarnie for a brain.

Wake up smell the coffee!!

Rudiger was like a madman all day! Earlier he was shielding the ball back to the keeper and Dele Alli was behind him. At the last moment he pretended Alli shoved him and threw himslef into Kepa and screamed!!!

Then both him & Alli on the floor he did a highly aggressive hand/thumbshake which took Alli by surprise because of the action. This is the man the media are basing all their complaints on, and some fair-weather Spurs fans who should go elsewhere have agreed with.

Hello everyone, what's going on in this..

lx4tKu7.gif

Oh. Eww. Fucking bye.

Fucking hell, you again with exactly the same nonsense as last time. Change the fucking tune, why are you belting out the same nonsense? I'm going to give you exactly the same answer.....

He followed the protocol. He spoke to his Captain, his Captian spoke to the ref!!! The ref then did what he did (there IS confusion whether Taylor followed the right protocol. There are TWO protocols that exist, it would appear he went the route of FIFA's protocol and NOT the PL's, Spurs have asked for clarification on this).

Nothing that he did was incorrect. The fact that the stadium announcer made THREE public announcements about racial abuse is about as crystal clear as to the nature of his complaint. IT'S THE FUCKING PROTOCOL to do this!!! This isn't discreet it's a fucking public announcement, that's also heard and reported on by those watching on TV and listening on the Radio, there is NOTHING discreet about it. It's part of the protocol.

He or any other player can't provide proof, he's not wearing a fucking camera or has a tape recorder stuffed up his arse!! He's a player, wearing shorts and a football shirt. He followed the protocols, did what he's been instructed to do. From that moment it's in the hands of the officials to officiate and investigate and gather evidence to support what he thought he saw/heard.

What evidence do you want him to produce? What evidence can HE produce? Fucking Hell!! How thick are you?

Your 2nd last paragraph is to confirm what I've written to daft nut. It doesn't matter if there is 1 person or 1 thousand people who witnessed it, if there is evidence and they can identify someone and tie that evidence to that individual(s) then that's all they need. Evidence will be provided via eye witness accounts and whatever The Stadium Tech is employed to do. You (Spurs fans) will not get to see this evidence no matter how much you demand it. This is because it's evidence and will be used in a court of law (if sufficient) to make a conviction. It might be deemed that they can't tie what has been heard to an individual. It might be that they simply can't any or not enough and it will not go to court as a result. The evidence is presented as part of a case against an individual(s) who is accused, the evidence doesn't prove or disprove innocence or guilt, that is down to the courts, not you, me, Spurs fans or the media.

1. Are you telling me to "keep it separate"??!! I am you burke. I have ONLY spoken about the protocol that he followed. I've made NO other statement about the player. YOU are the one not keeping what you think about him separate from the incident!! You've actually called him a "cheating cunt" in the same sentence!! How dumb are you?
2. What unproven accusations have I cast about at the fans? I haven't accused any fan of anything.
Fuck off you utter bell-end - come back to us when you have evidence of racism until then you're just another cunt casting aspersions on so far innocent Spurs fans ... try doing it to their faces and see where that gets you.

Your 'my shit don't stink' defence of Rutiger is tedious in the extreme ... the guys a cheating footballing cunt and always has been ... making repeated racism accusations has no bearing (so fuck you Lampard) that doesn't stop him being an utter footballing cunt.

Show me where doing monkey impressions and posting accusations on twitter is in the protocol ... FA or UEFA links please. I'll wait ...........

On a side note I thought I heard you saying Chelsea are great and you want to fuck Lampard's arse now off course I was 6,000 miles away, and 65,000,000 people in the UK didn't hear you say that, so just maybe I miss-heard but fuck it I'm still going to stick with my story ... if I release a statement to the media and post it all over the inter-web are you happy to support me in doing that?

Last edited:
It's a well documented fact that soccer is followed by people from lower socio-economic backgrounds in the UK
Where to start?

Firstly, you shouldn't (in the interests of hands across the ocean) refer to the sport that we invented and have cultivated for a period that exceeds the age of your nation by a name that you have given to it by your own derivative. Not your fault old man but do respect your elders. Oh that's right - that's the issue isn't it.

Secondly. The spelling and grammar police take a dim view to badly spelt insults. It's a tough language but Alibaba seemed to get the hang of it quicker than you. I don't think you have an excuse.

"Well documented". You will have to do better than that if you want to make an point that rises about your own opinion. You may believe what you say and that's fine because there's no harm in you believing that, but just understand that for future reference (and in all walks of life) don't walk in a room with your balls out with a view to state an opinion unless a) that opinion can stand to be questioned and b) you can spell the words.

Rudiger's claims have yet to be proven yet Son was racially abused and there is no press about it. Just goes to show that it appears to be ok to racially abuse Asians but when it involves blacks, all hell breaks loose.

Rudiger's claims have yet to be proven yet Son was racially abused and there is no press about it. Just goes to show that it appears to be ok to racially abuse Asians but when it involves blacks, all hell breaks loose.
Has Son ever once done slanty eyed impressions towards the bench? has Son made accusations in the media about other clubs fans? has Son got a twitter account where he accuses opposing fans? In fact has Son ever done anything other than act like a consummate professional and leave these matters to the correct authorities?

Maybe you need to dance around like a monkey, post accusations on twitter, sell you stories to the media, maybe that is what it takes as a Chelsea player .... but when 57,000 Spurs fans attend a match and when even after three days of intensive investigation so far only two Chelsea fans have been found guilty of using racial abuse ... I'd proudly argue that our club has an almost ZERO racism problem, indeed Spurs fans are some of the most racially tolerant, and most likely to speak up should they hear racist behaviour, fans in the EPL .... just don't tell the media, what on earth would they print then?

Sadly there will always be the odd 1, but why not congratulate the 56,999 for a change .... we've becoming obsessed by the tiny minority, that never ends well.

You're having a shocker tbh mate

So what do we know

I see this as two separate issues. One issue is the alleged racism. The other issue is the media’s apparent bias against Spurs. We ought not conflate the two.

Back
Top Bottom