Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Actually, I'd argue a reason we do the short goal kicks is because Hugo's distribution is so poor.

I understand the benefits they're trying to achieve with the short goal kicks, I just don't think they are overly worth the risk.

Yeah the safest option is actually the (right) short pass to your CB.
After that anything is very much down to your skill as a footballer with the ball at your feet. Why Pep changed his GK early on. He’s a real danger as he can go long and accurate when required.

Hugo generally kicks the ball into touch in the same scenario.

Top post.
Simple but straight to the point.
As I said earlier, it'll take 5 years to sort out the fetid mess of the 2018 self imposed transfer embargo.
Our net spend over the period of Klopps time at liverpool is higher than theirs.
They brought in a couple of academy prospects this summer, effectively echoing ours last summer.
They have won 6 out of 6 in the league this year

Okay now bring up the statistics of net spend please. Looks good on paper but means Jack shit when you,'re selling Bale to buy Soldado. I mean I think we' re behind Norwich on actual money spent on transfers once you've factored in the players sold in those windows.
Our net spend is higher over the time Klopp has been at Liverpool than theirs has.

Anywhere, I would've followed you....

1_Mauricio-Pochettino.jpg

say something, I'm giving up on you.....

Our net spend over the period of Klopps time at liverpool is higher than theirs.
They brought in a couple of academy prospects this summer, effectively echoing ours last summer.
They have won 6 out of 6 in the league this year

You really can’t compare Liverpool season 2018/2019 to our season 2017/2018 though.

We actually needed new players and to start seriously considering those out of contract in the next two years. The squad has changed coming.

They just won the CL and had a very unlucky second placed finish in the league. It’s hard to see gaps in their squad. Maybe FB?
And you could also argue Oxlade-chamberlain was like an addition to their squad this summer. 2 league games played last year. If he can regain full fitness that is.

And the net spend is a great one.

Depending on where your argument sits it’s either that Poch wastes money while Klopp uses it very wisely.

Or Klopp got extremely lucky in selling Coutinho for £120m while Poch has had to sell 3 or 4 first team players to get the same money back. Making that squad rebuild a bit easier with the funds received.

Personally I think it’s a bit of both.

You really can’t compare Liverpool season 2018/2019 to our season 2017/2018 though.

We actually needed new players and to start seriously considering those out of contract in the next two years. The squad has changed coming.

They just won the CL and had a very unlucky second placed finish in the league. It’s hard to see gaps in their squad. Maybe FB?
And you could also argue Oxlade-chamberlain was like an addition to their squad this summer. 2 league games played last year. If he can regain full fitness that is.

And the net spend is a great one.

Depending on where your argument sits it’s either that Poch wastes money while Klopp uses it very wisely.

Or Klopp got extremely lucky in selling Coutinho for £120m while Poch has had to sell 3 or 4 first team players to get the same money back. Making that squad rebuild a bit easier with the funds received.

Personally I think it’s a bit of both.
So do I. But we get people screaming that Pochettino hasn't been backed, when he has.

No Coutinho sale means no van dijk. Half the people screaming about no backing g would go ape if we had sold eriksen for the same, even if it had been spent as well.
Klopp has spent his money better than we have, and that's on everyone from the top down

"Of course, it's always in your head, you never know. With the way I am, I am always going to prioritise the club over myself.But maybe if it was a different result after the CL final you can think, 'OK, maybe this is a moment to step out of the club, leave the club and give them the possibility of a really new chapter with a new coaching staff.'
Poch

When you need me, but do not want me, then I must stay. When you want me, but no longer need me, then I have to go."

Nanny McPhee

:thumbup:

Best RB Airdrie ever had

So do I. But we get people screaming that Pochettino hasn't been backed, when he has.

No Coutinho sale means no van dijk. Half the people screaming about no backing g would go ape if we had sold eriksen for the same, even if it had been spent as well.
Klopp has spent his money better than we have, and that's on everyone from the top down
Poch has been asking for a rebuild for over a year. We are now losing three top players on a free due to out inability to sell.

We don't pay the wages other do and until this summer we don't spend the money.

He most certainly hasnt been backed like others

Careful what you wish for.

Brendan Rodgers is 7/2 favourite to be our next manager.

Tim Sherwood at 100/1 is by far the most popular bet with around 75% of the money going on him 🤣

One thing is for sure, if we fail to register 3 points from any of those games then it's over for me.

Should be getting 9 points from these fixtures but even if we only manage 6 that would still be an improvement on current form.
Well next up after those 3 is a trip to Anfield🙄 so taking 6 points from those 3 will probably mean 4 defeats, 4 wins and 2 draws from our first 10 games, 14 pts from 30......Avg 1.5 Points per game, that’s mid table form at best and that will have been the case for nearly 30 games by then......to get top 4 a team usually needs 2.3 points per game, so if we continued this form into Christmas we probably need title winning form the 2nd half of the season to just scrape top 4.....

Well next up after those 3 is a trip to Anfield🙄 so taking 6 points from those 3 will probably mean 4 defeats, 4 wins and 2 draws from our first 10 games, 14 pts from 30......Avg 1.5 Points per game, that’s mid table form at best and that will have been the case for nearly 30 games by then......to get top 4 a team usually needs 2.3 points per game, so if we continued this form into Christmas we probably need title winning form the 2nd half of the season to just scrape top 4.....

Can't disagree with you there mate, we are in a pretty shit situation.

Back
Top Bottom