Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
The way you're framing this quote is completely wrong. He didn't throw Poch under the bus at all. He was talking purely about the players.

''I can see why the manager is frustrated because he’s been here for six years now and we’re still making similar mistakes to the ones we were in his first year. We’ve got to find a way to get around it, improve and get better.''

1 mistake we make is our inability to clear the ball out of defence and the insistence on playing it out 'tippy tappy'. Sometimes you need to just welly it away and concentrate on winning the ball back farther up the field. Clearly that has to be an instruction from the coach.

1 mistake we make is our inability to clear the ball out of defence and the insistence on playing it out 'tippy tappy'. Sometimes you need to just welly it away and concentrate on winning the ball back farther up the field. Clearly that has to be an instruction from the coach.
Those short goal kicks are obviously an instruction. But you make instructions on the premise players won't fuck it up.

Individual errors are not coach's faults. They are players'.

I do hate those short goal kicks though.

Poch says we can’t compete with the big teams but wants to play keep ball on the 6yrd box like City.
Even though we’re doing it players like Lloris, Aurier and Sanchez as a RB.
It’s lunacy.

The most damaging aspect of this last 10 months relegation form, is that I’d say that about 50-75% of goals conceded were all easily preventable.
The real danger is that the go to guys for reliability like Jan and Toby have been sucked into the vortex of confusion and doubt.

Last edited:
An observation I have drawn from the 'Poch doesn't look very happy here' posters, well he is obviously going through a difficult spell with the squad at the moment - the issues he is facing are probably eating him up inside as he tries to find solutions. At the moment you are unlikely to see a happy, glowing Poch like you saw during the Champs League run, but I would argue that isn't due to him wanting to leave. He is having a tough time with this rebuild and needs our support!

Those short goal kicks are obviously an instruction. But you make instructions on the premise players won't fuck it up.

It is the coaches fault when your goalkeeper has been dreadful at kicking for his entire Spurs career and zero ball control and is prone to mental lapses under pressure, but you keep telling everyone to pass it to him with 4 opponents in the box.

An observation I have drawn from the 'Poch doesn't look very happy here' posters, well he is obviously going through a difficult spell with the squad at the moment - the issues he is facing are probably eating him up inside as he tries to find solutions. At the moment you are unlikely to see a happy, glowing Poch like you saw during the Champs League run, but I would argue that isn't due to him wanting to leave. He is having a tough time with this rebuild and needs our support!

How can you rebuild the same squad?
It’s one player to put in.

Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Clarke are nowhere to be seen. Lucky we didn’t get Dybala eh, imagine what a pain in the arse that would have been for the manager. Having to play a new person who is supposed to improve us.

He also has one less problem as he’s seemingly fucked Moura off.
Eriksen should have been phased out over the last season in games to see what works. He was naive to think this player was committed.

Now he’s using the new season as an experiment and a lesson teaching excercise for naughty want aways.

It is the coaches fault when your goalkeeper has been dreadful at kicking for his entire Spurs career and zero ball control and is prone to mental lapses under pressure, but you keep telling everyone to pass it to him with 4 opponents in the box.
Actually, I'd argue a reason we do the short goal kicks is because Hugo's distribution is so poor.

I understand the benefits they're trying to achieve with the short goal kicks, I just don't think they are overly worth the risk.

Poch says we can’t compete with the big teams but wants to play keep ball on the 6yrd box like City.
Even though we’re doing it players like Lloris, Aurier and Sanchez as a RB.
It’s lunacy.

The most damaging aspect of this last 10 months relegation form, is that I’d say that about 50-75% of goals conceded were all easily preventable.
The real danger is that the go to guys for reliability like Jan and Toby have been sucked into the vortex of confusion and doubt.

We let at least one soft goal in, in almost every game it's alarming.

Now we're getting somewhere.

YOU think. This is your opinion that Levy doesn't share the same ambition as Poch. I don't blame you for it, we all spray our opinions and present them as fact sometimes. But it's not fact.

Poch, for starters, has been consistent in saying we want ''big things''. If after, what, 6 years, Levy is not aligned then why the fuck is Poch still here?

Poch has said from the get go he's here to change the culture and that Levy is on board.

What you say may have been true a few years ago (I'm speculating) but there is no way that is true now. Nor is there any evidence for this.

You also seem to think we have only one, or few, targets.

I'm of the belief top 4 is our MINIMUM target, but our ULTIMATE target is these ''big things''.

Levy is the steward of the club. He is tasked with keeping it alive and stable. Poch is here to deal with all things football. If the football fails, I'm afraid Poch is first to be held accountable with the players. It's their job.
The whole world knows are ambition is top 4. Anything else is a bonus brother.

Poor little love

Im a fan of Poch, however there's a reason he is paid well. Is it a tough time for him ? Yes.

Irrespective, he is now in $$$ terms, in an elite bracket. Sought by some of the biggest clubs in the world according to many. He needs to own " this moment" and learn from it. As much as I love the fella and his passion, the "re-build" is an excuse.

That started 5 years ago.

Isn’t it odd how other teams sign players and they actually look like part of their team
Other teams sign players and they get to play! We seem to sign players to give them 5 minutes here and there and when someone gets injured they get to play but as they haven’t played in months aren’t no where near match fit so look ropey

Well there are 8 million reasons why he should be alright certainly better than any of us.

One individual mistake is the fault of the player, systemic mistakes is the fault of the manager, coaching and tactcs.

Kane if fucking livid at the minute, even he is indirectly throwing not only some players under the bus but he’s throwing his manager under too.....Anyone have any doubt just listen to his post Olympiakos interview and that is how the guy feels...
When a player is saying things like the manger has been here 6 years and we are still making the same mistakes we were 6 years ago or We are not a young team anymore, I feel Kane is weighing up his own options right now....

The boy is Spurs through and through, but he’s thinking he’s getting older and the club under this current set up is moving the wrong direction and he’s not liking it......If he doesn’t win the Euros with England next summer then he will leave in my opinion.

Can’t blame him tbf

One of the world’s top strikers

His goal on Saturday was amazing

"Of course, it's always in your head, you never know. With the way I am, I am always going to prioritise the club over myself.But maybe if it was a different result after the CL final you can think, 'OK, maybe this is a moment to step out of the club, leave the club and give them the possibility of a really new chapter with a new coaching staff.'
Poch

When you need me, but do not want me, then I must stay. When you want me, but no longer need me, then I have to go."

Nanny McPhee

:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom