Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Careful what you wish for.

Brendan Rodgers is 7/2 favourite to be our next manager.

Wonder how long Daniel’s memory is.

Poch has been asking for a rebuild for over a year. We are now losing three top players on a free due to out inability to sell.

We don't pay the wages other do and until this summer we don't spend the money.

He most certainly hasnt been backed like others

Spot on. The crazies have won though, they must have been cheering Madison's goal on Saturday as loudly as any Leicester fan!

Poch, walk. We don't deserve you. Get in Howe, he'll be sacked within 18 months and Levy will have a 'Oh well' expression on his face.

Nobody will blame or ENIC though. Our meagre trophy haul during their ownership.is solely the fault of the managers!

:gallashmm:

I'd really like to see us return to a counter attack style of play.

We looked phenomenal on the break v. Leicester.

we don't have the skill in the back to dribble out anymore. I'm with you on the counter.

Get a front 3 of Son, Kane, and Lucas/Lamela. Clog the midfield with Winks, NDombele, and Dier/Skipp.

Poch has been asking for a rebuild for over a year. We are now losing three top players on a free due to out inability to sell.

We don't pay the wages other do and until this summer we don't spend the money.

He most certainly hasnt been backed like others
Allegedly Alderweireld turned down more than van dijk currently gets (if you believe the press spec, van dijk is currently earning 125k. Press last week was claiming , may e the week before, was claiming liverpool are preparing to double his money to 250k.

Eriksen has never mentioned money, and only ever spoken about a desire for a different lifestyle, new challenges etc. Only one "star" player sold in 5 years. And that one handed in a transfer request in the middle of a title race. klopps net spend summer 2018 was 700k. Our netspend now is higher now than theirs.
Pochettino (who, I stress, I dont want to see leave or hoofed) has been backed, and backed well. "Well, what about last season?", I hear some people whine. Unless you are a part of our transfer committee, you dont fucking know why we didn't sign anyone.
For all the suggestion he was lied to by Levy, he's still here. Never quit. Ask your self why

He's still here. Never quit. Ask your self why
Simple, he's managing a superb football club, getting paid £8m a year and the only real pressure on him regarding performance is a top four finish every season with possibly a top six finish acceptable for a season or two before the knives come out.
I would call that a 'very comfortable' situation to be in.

Can't disagree with you there mate, we are in a pretty shit situation.
It is, we all knew the new players would be eased in and take a bit of time, but a CL regular should not be depending on instant success of new players, in fact it should be the opposite, they should be trying to force their way into the team. But anyhow, it’s worrying that we don’t know who our right back may be, who our centre half combination is one week to the next, Victor fucking Wanyama gets game time in the league and Lucas Moura or Eric Dier barely get a kick of the ball while we wait on new players to come in.....

Also do not think we get how serious 3 of our top players have the potential to walk out the door next summer for free.....

I’m struggling to see what Pochettino is thinking right now other than just throwing players out their hoping it works out rather than it will work out.......sure Levy runs a frustrating ship at times and we definitely like to take a step forward and a step backwards most of the time but the manager has to stop complaining and deal with what he has, and if he has nothing left to give then someone else needs to come in with fresh ideas, unfortunately that’s the way it works, people are thinking Christmas but if 9pts and a decent performance at Liverpool aren’t achieved in the next 4 games then Liverpool could be his last game I think.

Simple, he's managing a superb football club, getting paid £8m a year and the only real pressure on him regarding performance is a top four finish every season with possibly a top six finish acceptable for a season or two before the knives come out.
That's fair enough. However, taking into account that some people believe that Levy has outright lied to him, stabbed him in the back/humiliated him publicly, pulled his pants down and so on, if the only argument towards him still being at the club is, effectively "the money is good", then ask if you want him around.

Cos if my boss treated me like that, and I knew that if I quit just after Mourinho went, or just after Lopetegui got hoofed I could move onto a fresh job, where I might not get my pants pulled down etc, I would be off on my toes.

Even more so if I were money motivated

If 9pts and a decent performance at Liverpool aren’t achieved in the next 4 games then Liverpool could be his last game I think.
That's fair enough. However, taking into account that some people believe that Levy has outright lied to him, stabbed him in the back/humiliated him publicly, pulled his pants down and so on, if the only argument towards him still being at the club is, effectively "the money is good", then ask if you want him around.

Cos if my boss treated me like that, and I knew that if I quit just after Mourinho went, or just after Lopetegui got hoofed I could move onto a fresh job, where I might not get my pants pulled down etc, I would be off on my toes.

Even more so if I were money motivated

Would that therefore not suggest Poch may be very,very aware of his own limitations ? Rather than harm his CV by going to a high pressure club and failing to deliver he puts up with his situation here. You'd be amazed how much £8m eases any 'discomfort' he may be feeling.

He's earned the right to be do comfortable. We were shite when he took over lest some forget. In an incredibly short space of time he has made us take CL football for granted.

Maybe it is the end now BUT I blame Levy and ENIC for this not Poch.

Should have backed Poch last summer.

Would that therefore not suggest Poch may be very,very aware of his own limitations ? Rather than harm his CV by going to a high pressure club and failing to deliver he puts up with his situation here. You'd be amazed how much £8m eases any 'discomfort' he may be feeling.
I dont think man utd would pay him any less. Probably a whole chunk more. 2 years, get sacked, take home the rest of your contracted salary, and most chairman say "well, man u are a basket case, dont know what they want, I'll give him a shot"

He's earned the right to be do comfortable. We were shite when he took over lest some forget. In an incredibly short space of time he has made us take CL football for granted.

Maybe it is the end now BUT I blame Levy and ENIC for this not Poch.

Should have backed Poch last summer.
How do you know they didn't? How do you k ow that cos we couldn't get the first choice targets ( de Jong decided to stay put, ndombele was contractually obliged to sign for Lyonand so on?) That Pochettino didn't say he would rather stick with what he had than not get the first choice ?

Dippers have signed no one of note this summer. Look better than ever

Back
Top Bottom