Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
I dont think man utd would pay him any less. Probably a whole chunk more. 2 years, get sacked, take home the rest of your contracted salary, and most chairman say "well, man u are a basket case, dont know what they want, I'll give him a shot"
Sorry but I have to disagree. Any manager who goes to Man Utd would be required to at least get a top six finish in his first season and then CL after that. Whoever took the poisoned chalice would have no excuses concerning lack of funds or board of directors /supporter backing. Failure in such a high profile arena would definitely have a more than adverse effect on your career. (Whatever happened to David Moyes ?? and if OGS messes it up watch his career plummet). Should Poch go there and not deliver those expectations then the doors of opportunity that currently lie open for him would very quickly shut.

How do you know they didn't? How do you k ow that cos we couldn't get the first choice targets ( de Jong decided to stay put, ndombele was contractually obliged to sign for Lyonand so on?) That Pochettino didn't say he would rather stick with what he had than not get the first choice ?

Dippers have signed no one of note this summer. Look better than ever

Because of everything he said about being brave and trying to do things differently. I'm 100% certain he wasn't referring to singing nobody at all!

:dembelelol:

Would that therefore not suggest Poch may be very,very aware of his own limitations ? Rather than harm his CV by going to a high pressure club and failing to deliver he puts up with his situation here. You'd be amazed how much £8m eases any 'discomfort' he may be feeling.
Under a Levy stewardship we are never going to have our cake and eat it, but Pochettino has proven it can be workable, to a certain level, to make the next level ie; actually challenge year in year out for trophies it takes not only a passionate excited manager but good sound investment. Our investment is what it is, that’s not really going to change much no matter what we think, so it’s down to the manager to deliver on those terms.....It realistically can’t be delivered on those terms and I think Pochettino now thinks that way too.

Maybe we need to go back to reality here and understand we are not a club that is ready, nor capable of winning the big prizes and dial down our expectations a few notches.

Allegedly Alderweireld turned down more than van dijk currently gets (if you believe the press spec, van dijk is currently earning 125k. Press last week was claiming , may e the week before, was claiming liverpool are preparing to double his money to 250k.

Eriksen has never mentioned money, and only ever spoken about a desire for a different lifestyle, new challenges etc. Only one "star" player sold in 5 years. And that one handed in a transfer request in the middle of a title race. klopps net spend summer 2018 was 700k. Our netspend now is higher now than theirs.
Pochettino (who, I stress, I dont want to see leave or hoofed) has been backed, and backed well. "Well, what about last season?", I hear some people whine. Unless you are a part of our transfer committee, you dont fucking know why we didn't sign anyone.
For all the suggestion he was lied to by Levy, he's still here. Never quit. Ask your self why

I didn't say these free transfers were Levy's fault, I think they're a reality that we aren't a top club yet but to say his been backed compared to people his competing with or even beating each year is wrong.

Because of everything he said about being brave and trying to do things differently. I'm 100% certain he wasn't referring to singing nobody at all!

:dembelelol:
And everything he said after about being happy with the squad and it was (paraphrasing) better to not lose anyone and so on?
You know, stuff he said after the window, when he may well have said no to the players that were attainable to us

I didn't say these free transfers were Levy's fault, I think they're a reality that we aren't a top club yet but to say his been backed compared to people his competing with or even beating each year is wrong.

Two of those clubs are bottomless money pits. One of them is man utd.
Our netspend is higher than liverpool's over the period Klopp has been there. By the standars most apply to Levy, Klopp hasnt been backed either.

Pochettino has been backed as much as any of them. It's just in one or two cases the same level of backing is a greater pile of cash .

Pochettino has been backed as much as any of them.
Or is it a case of Poch only being able to have the players Daniel decides he can afford after his transfer negotiations ?
Who selects the new signings ?? I thought it was Daniel...didn't Poch say he was just a coach. So Poch isn't being 'backed at all' he just sits there waiting to see what Summer presents Levy gives him.

Spot on. The crazies have won though, they must have been cheering Madison's goal on Saturday as loudly as any Leicester fan!

Always laugh when cunts come up with this.

The people criticising Poch were livid. Why would we celebrate?

It’s the pricks who think the sun shines out of the managers arse and that he can’t do anything wrong and who don’t mind losing games and playing shit because we got to the CL final who were more likely to be smiling at the final whistle.

Two of those clubs are bottomless money pits. One of them is man utd.
Our netspend is higher than liverpool's over the period Klopp has been there. By the standars most apply to Levy, Klopp hasnt been backed either.

Pochettino has been backed as much as any of them. It's just in one or two cases the same level of backing is a greater pile of cash .
That wasn't the case until this summer though was it. Football moves quickly, really quickly. Whilst Poch couldn't spend due to seeing us through moving stadium klopp and their board acted and overtook us.

Now we have fresh blood but they have all been injured so you can't possibly judge, were also at a totally different stage than Liverpool were a year ago. When we were at our peak we couldn't invest , Liverpool saw they were close and did. By the way they are a dodgy penalty away from actually being more successful than us despite the current perception.

Now we need a full rebuild. Both centre backs are off, eriksen who was the heart of the side is off and others like rose and aurier want out. The manager has warned of a painful rebuild since the lane closed it's just only now we're seeing real action in it.

I think and can't prove it that Poch would have been happy to sell eriksen and Toby a year ago if he could have got replacements in my h like klopp did with couthino.

Or is it a case of Poch only being able to have the players Daniel decides he can afford after his transfer negotiations ?
Who selects the new signings ?? I thought it was Daniel...didn't Poch say he was just a coach. So Poch isn't being 'backed at all' he just sits there waiting to see what Summer presents Levy gives him.
So you think that Levy promoted pochetinno from head coach to manager and then doesn't let him manage?

It's never been a secret that we have a transfer group and the group decides on the targets. It's the modern way. It's no different at city. Guardiola sorriano and begeristan. And guess what? Despite being a bottomless money pit, they dont more than they think a player is worth (van dijk, alexis sanchez, and harry macguire. All deals where they baulked at the cost.
By the standards people apply to levy, guardiola ain't backed either...

Spot on. The crazies have won though, they must have been cheering Madison's goal on Saturday as loudly as any Leicester fan!

Poch, walk. We don't deserve you. Get in Howe, he'll be sacked within 18 months and Levy will have a 'Oh well' expression on his face.

Nobody will blame or ENIC though. Our meagre trophy haul during their ownership.is solely the fault of the managers!

:gallashmm:

Absolutely shameless supporter who puts the manager above the supporters, players and club owner at every point.

Seriously how do you get to a point where you end up like that for an employee who would readily walk out on the club when a better opportunity comes along.

You are an embarrassment to this football club

Absolutely shameless supporter who puts the manager above the supporters, players and club owner at every point.

Seriously how do you get to a point where you end up like that for an employee who would readily walk out on the club when a better opportunity came along.

You are an embarrassment to this football club

And have the nerve to say the people who can actually see Pochs flaws and have had enough of it are the happy ones?????

It’s cunts like this that will be all calm and happy clappy, still sucking Pochs cock even if Colchester turn us over

Always laugh when cunts come up with this.

The people criticising Poch were livid. Why would we celebrate?

It’s the pricks who think the sun shines out of the managers arse and that he can’t do anything wrong and who don’t mind losing games and playing shit because we got to the CL final who were more likely to be smiling at the final whistle.

:pochfacepalm:

Each season is different each season present new challenges this one looks like the last season with couple of these players currently on the roster looks like more a transitonal season than a title challenging one.

Back
Top Bottom