Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
Kane if fucking livid at the minute, even he is indirectly throwing not only some players under the bus but he’s throwing his manager under too.....Anyone have any doubt just listen to his post Olympiakos interview and that is how the guy feels...
When a player is saying things like the manger has been here 6 years and we are still making the same mistakes we were 6 years ago or We are not a young team anymore, I feel Kane is weighing up his own options right now....

The boy is Spurs through and through, but he’s thinking he’s getting older and the club under this current set up is moving the wrong direction and he’s not liking it......If he doesn’t win the Euros with England next summer then he will leave in my opinion.
That's the big flaw with many of us being just grateful & happy with top 4.... We have to hope our best players feel the same. We want them to lack ambition to win big trophies regularly or at the moment, any trophies.
But then we get disappointed when they seem to lose fight, hunger, motivation etc. Why aren't they still excited by another top 4 finish? So this same problem will keep happening unless we really go for it.

Last edited:
Under a Levy stewardship we are never going to have our cake and eat it, but Pochettino has proven it can be workable, to a certain level, to make the next level ie; actually challenge year in year out for trophies it takes not only a passionate excited manager but good sound investment. Our investment is what it is, that’s not really going to change much no matter what we think, so it’s down to the manager to deliver on those terms.....It realistically can’t be delivered on those terms and I think Pochettino now thinks that way too.

Maybe we need to go back to reality here and understand we are not a club that is ready, nor capable of winning the big prizes and dial down our expectations a few notches.
But on the other hand we have a manager who for the most part treats the cups with contempt then states he is only interested in the league or CL, so is it a case of he is sending a message out to us and maybe other clubs a come and get me or are him and levy not on the same page.

If the owners ambition isn't just top 4 then surely they should sell up as they have failed massively. But obviously it is top 4.
They want top 4 but have provided a team and manager that should be able to deliver silveware at the same time.

Unless winning the CL final was only possible if we finished 5th

If the owners ambition isn't just top 4 then surely they should sell up as they have failed massively. But obviously it is top 4.

We’re like Woolwich a few years ago and I never thought that I would ever say that

Well next up after those 3 is a trip to Anfield🙄 so taking 6 points from those 3 will probably mean 4 defeats, 4 wins and 2 draws from our first 10 games, 14 pts from 30......Avg 1.5 Points per game, that’s mid table form at best and that will have been the case for nearly 30 games by then......to get top 4 a team usually needs 2.3 points per game, so if we continued this form into Christmas we probably need title winning form the 2nd half of the season to just scrape top 4.....
It might be a write off season. But the 1 good bit will be we can relax knowing we have nothing to play for. Instead of every match being vital for top 4.

I was fuming 😤 when he scored because it was coming as soon as he got the ball with poor Vic unable to keep up with him

Down to Poch
Wanyama's getting too much of the blame for that goal. After Toby won the aerial duel, Aurier is standing there with his cock in his hand and does not contest the second ball. The Leicester fella was alive and played a first-time pass to Maddison. Wanyama saw the problem, he just didn't have the legs to get there. I checked the xG for that goal, by the way. It was 0.02- one chance in 50 that it would result in a goal.

Scott you know that we are at a stage where he can’t just have an off season and he’s good. We are not Everton
I know. I was finding the only good thing out of that possible situation. We can watch us & relax knowing it doesn't really matter like when we were a mid table team. But yeah, it would mean the end of the poch era :pochcry:

Wanyama's getting too much of the blame for that goal. After Toby won the aerial duel, Aurier is standing there with his cock in his hand and does not contest the second ball. The Leicester fella was alive and played a first-time pass to Maddison. Wanyama saw the problem, he just didn't have the legs to get there. I checked the xG for that goal, by the way. It was 0.02- one chance in 50 that it would result in a goal.

Fair enough but my main point was that Big Vic couldn’t get near Maddison stands as you’ve confirmed and Poch was the reason he was on the pitch at all

I felt sorry for Vic as a similar thing happened to me when I played amateur football and I lost a few yards pace
Nothing worse

It might be a write off season. But the 1 good bit will be we can relax knowing we have nothing to play for. Instead of every match being vital for top 4.
We can’t and we shouldn’t have the mentality to just write off seasons tho. Poch needs to wise the fuck up over the next few games or just come out and say this isn’t for him anymore and we can all move on.

What's the matter with instead of top four...top one ?? isn't that what we should be aiming for ? Yes you can have realistic targets but whatever happened to dreams...don't deny anybody their dreams :thumbup:

We can’t and we shouldn’t have the mentality to just write off seasons tho. Poch needs to wise the fuck up over the next few games or just come out and say this isn’t for him anymore and we can all move on.
I agree, we shouldn't but if we aren't good enough & end up with nothing to play for then that will be the case.

What's the matter with instead of top four...top one ?? isn't that what we should be aiming for ? Yes you can have realistic targets but whatever happened to dreams...don't deny anybody their dreams :thumbup:
That comes from the top. & the top send a clear message that top 4 is our target.

That comes from the top. & the top send a clear message that top 4 is our target.
The top sends a message that top four is our minimum requirement and that anything else is a bonus and anything less a failure. I am sure they would be more than happy with a title success.

Back
Top Bottom