Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
I think Levy wants to win but does he really really want to win?

Summers 16 , 17,18 were opportune moments to go balls deep in the window and add to what we had, the invisible window of 18 is what has really really hurt us imo, the CL final really adds a lot of gloss to what was in truth a very up and down season.

I like Levy and he's done well overall but I'm with John he's more interested in maximizing his investment than taking risks by making a big statement of intent.
None of us really know what ambition level if any levy has but I suspect he is not overly concerned about being EPL or CL winner's but IF it happens then it's ok.
Levy has and always will be a bean counter revenue and profit are his driver not whether the Honours list is increased, we have to accept it until such time that enic fuck off and some one else takes over.

None of us really know what ambition level if any levy has but I suspect he is not overly concerned about being EPL or CL winner's but IF it happens then it's ok.
Levy has and always will be a bean counter revenue and profit are his driver not whether the Honours list is increased, we have to accept it until such time that enic fuck off and some one else takes over.
That's a great post skywalker68
Impartial and saying it as you see it.

Just 900 posts in 5 years don't do you justice, mate.
The forum would benefit from more well reasoned contributions ike this one

I don't think it will necessarily excite him, but he won't lose much sleep over it either.
Well he was excited enough about last year's CL run to put himself in and around the squad on matchdays. Which he rarely does.

He and Poch side by side beaming before the final.

Levy has been a Spurs fan longer than most on this board.

If Tottenham Hotspur win the League or Champions League, life long Spurs fan and 20+ year Chairman, Daniel Levy, will think that's....................ok.

:pocheyes:
If he was that concerned then the squad wouldn't have been neglected for two windows but thank you for your contribution Daniel is was er most welcome.:pochbye::pochfacepalm::dembelefingers:

Well he was excited enough about last year's CL run to put himself in and around the squad on matchdays. Which he rarely does.

He and Poch side by side beaming before the final.
Tbh I thought it slightly distasteful the way he tried to grab the limelight.
His John Terry moment, if you will.
But I fully get and respect that you and others see it differently

If he was that concerned then the squad wouldn't have been neglected for two windows but thank you for your contribution Daniel is was er most welcome.:pochbye::pochfacepalm::dembelefingers:
What about the 30+ other windows he's overseen?

Oh, and the squad wasn't neglected in those windows. Signings were. Our squad were gaining sparkling bumper new contracts.

But you know........agendas.

Tbh I thought it slightly distasteful the way he tried to grab the limelight.
His John Terry moment, if you will.
But I fully get and respect that you and others see it differently
Jesus christ.

Is there anything you won't spin?

A Spurs fan wanted to enjoy Spurs being in the fucking Champions League final and participate actively as a major stakeholder in Spurs and you hold that against that Spurs fan.

Poch himself said he wanted him there and provided a boost.

If he didn't show up you'd be here claiming he didn't care enough.

Jesus christ.

Is there anything you won't spin?

A Spurs fan wanted to enjoy Spurs being in the fucking Champions League final and participate actively as a major stakeholder in Spurs and you hold that against that Spurs fan.

Poch himself said he wanted him there and provided a boost.

If he didn't show up you'd be here claiming he didn't care enough.
Like I said, just my opinion.

One thing I can dismiss though, hand on heart etc... If he hadn't shown up, I most definately would not have derided him for it, as you suggest.

One thing I can dismiss though, hand on heart etc... If he hadn't shown up, I most definately would not have derided him for it, as you suggest.
Hahaha

John, mate, we all know you fairly well and know full well you'd be giving it ''I see our chairman couldn't even be bothered to turn up''.

You can lie to me, mate. Don't lie to yourself.

What about the 30+ other windows he's overseen?

Oh, and the squad wasn't neglected in those windows. Signings were. Our squad were gaining sparkling bumper new contracts.

But you know........agendas.
What about the other 30 windows not even relevant so why mention it...
What about the bumper contracts they have obviously got everyone motivated as we haven't won an away game since January nor can defend or keep a lead #scandalous
As for agenda's you keep pushing yours mate I'm off to bed suddenly got boring good night.
:kaneear::kaneshh:

Just so we're all clear.

If John Thomas was chairman and Spurs made the Champions League final, he wouldn't be seen or heard.

Lest he steal the limelight.

:pocheyes:
Yes.
Most chairmen prefer to stay in the background and leave the adulation for the manager and the team.
That's my opinion. Humble and unpopular as it may seem.
But you see it differently. That's fine.

Yes.
Most chairmen prefer to stay in the background and leave the adulation for the manager and the team.
That's my opinion. Humble and unpopular as it may seem.
But you see it differently. That's fine.
That's why Florentino Perez was front and centre during Real Madrid's three consecutive wins?

skysports-zinedine-zidane-florentino-perez-real-madrid-champions-league_3970236.jpg

Or what about Roman Abramovich lifting the trophy for Chelsea?

Didier+Drogba+Roman+Abramovic+FC+Bayern+Muenchen+DX1roZPdpxtl.jpg

Plenty more examples.

Your opinions are rarely based in fact, just your emotions.

Hahaha

John, mate, we all know you fairly well and know full well you'd be giving it ''I see our chairman couldn't even be bothered to turn up''.

You can lie to me, mate. Don't lie to yourself.
No lies Just a genuine take on the events in question.

Poch and the players made me proud that night.

That Levy should show up in the headlights wasn't even an afterthought. If you think I'm lying then there ain't much more I can say to make you think otherwise.

That's why Florentino Perez was front and centre during Real Madrid's three consecutive wins?

skysports-zinedine-zidane-florentino-perez-real-madrid-champions-league_3970236.jpg

Or what about Roman Abramovich lifting the trophy for Chelsea?

Didier+Drogba+Roman+Abramovic+FC+Bayern+Muenchen+DX1roZPdpxtl.jpg

Plenty more examples.
Yes. But we weren't lifting a trophy. We were celebrating a magnificent result against all the odds

Back
Top Bottom