Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
So we achieved a milestone, which was getting to the final, thus it was an achievement.

Cardiff achieved 3 points for beating someone but that doesn't compare to the achievement of getting to a champions league final.

You don’t achieve “a significant event”.

It simply was a significant event. We won the semi final. We achieved our objectives THAT night.

From the final whistle in Amsterdam we achieved no more in the CL.

It was

You’re correct but be honest when we got there we never looked like winning it

Bent ref notwithstanding
yeah I said on the night we were shit and I what pissed me off even more was that Liverpool were there for the taking.

You don’t achieve “a significant event”.

It simply was a significant event. We won the semi final. We achieved our objectives THAT night.

From the final whistle in Amsterdam we achieved no more in the CL.
We achieved a milestone, which was a significant event. The biggest match in our history, the biggest match in club football.

The football side of Tottenham Hotspur is Mauricio Pochettino's responsibility. That is literally what he was hired to be in charge of.

So if our football has been alarmingly shit, we start with the person in charge of the football and go from there.

Lack of investment was an issue for last season. But we invested this season and we have still been seeing poor results.

Unlike your black and white view of things. The issue is grey and a number of variables.

But the football discussion starts with the guy in charge of the football.
So you agree that for our greatest manager of the Premier League era to oversee such a dramatic decline in performance suggests something is not right behind the scenes. That managers don't turn to shit overnight. That there are deeper lying issues above that shouldn't just be brushed under the carpet.

Good. It's nice when two traditional antagonists finally see eye to eye.
Other forum members should take note

I get what you’re saying but it still wouldn’t explain the bizarre team selections and substitutions

His heart doesn’t seem to be in it anymore and that will transfer into the players

I wish that I was wrong
All the transfer saga has definitely gotten to him and soured the season. If he doesn’t snap out of it he might well get canned. What a mess

So you agree that for our greatest manager of the Premier League era to oversee such a dramatic decline in performance suggests something is not right behind the scenes. That managers don't turn to shit overnight. That there are deeper lying issues above that shouldn't just be brushed under the carpet.

He hasn’t said the issues are from above. You said that.

The issues are in the dressing room

Yea, you always play this card when you're trumped John. We've played this game before. Many, many times.

You finally admit something I know you think and then you make up that another question has been answered and go ''good, glad we see along''.

Managers don't turn shit overnight. We've been poor since February.

We’ve got new players. 130M worth but the issues are the same.

Oops

New players are good but half the team wants to leave and will leave next summer. That is a problem. This is the inbetween season where we transition from the past to the future. Next summer we will have to buy 5 or 6 players no matter who the manager is and those players will take us forward. Until then we are in limbo.

It's too late. Poch is not happy with the manner summer transfer went. He lost all interest in the job.

How can you do a job properly when you don't want to be there?! You can't and hence the results on the pitch.

I blame Poch because he knows how transfers work at Spurs, Levy is tight and won't change for anyone.

All needed now for this season is top 4, nothing else. It is the invisible trophy.

New players are good but half the team wants to leave and will leave next summer. That is a problem. This is the inbetween season where we transition from the past to the future. Next summer we will have to buy 5 or 6 players no matter who the manager is and those players will take us forward. Until then we are in limbo.

It’s not me blaming everything on “no new players”.
That excuse is dead and done.

Sign Dybala, sign Wan Bissaka, sign who you want. Poor tactics and failing man management doesn’t improve from transfer windows.

It's too late. Poch is not happy with the manner summer transfer went. He lost all interest in the job.

How can you do a job properly when you don't want to be there?! You can't and hence the results on the pitch.

I blame Poch because he knows how transfers work at Spurs, Levy is tight and won't change for anyone.

All needed now for this season is top 4, nothing else. It is the invisible trophy.
Before the summer we all said we wanted a left-sided player, a central midfielder and an attacking midfielder.

Guess what? We got all those, and our first choice options for huge money.

So pull the other one.

Last edited:
Before the summer we all said we wanted a let-sided player, a central midfielder and an attacking midfielder.

Guess what? We got all those, and our first choice options for huge money.

So pull the other one.
I am not going to go to details of the transfers in this thread.
2 back ups for Kane in Vincent and Llorente sold/released, did Levy buy a replacement? BTW Llorente scored twice this week for Napoli. We have no bullets.
He wanted transfers done early for friendlies. Was it done?
Injured left sided player, what can Poch do with him?
Huge money? The club sold number of players, bought Ses and Ndombele and LoCelso is a loanee with option to buy if Spurs get P4.
Do you believe Poch is happy with summer TR window??

Since Feb, when did Dembele leave? When was he replaced? Did the replacement work so far?
I think that is a factor of our poor run, no?!

Dembele played 10 games last season and his last was early November.

It’s a massive stretch to try and blame Levy for not replacing him sooner as the main reason for our poor form from after the New Year.
We were playing well without him and spanking teams right up until we bottled the Wolves game.

Back
Top Bottom