Poch out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes

Votes: 161 36.9%
  • No

Votes: 275 63.1%

• Total voters
John Thomas John Thomas you know that we always got along very well and in most of the cases in discussions about levy and Enic we have similar visions even tho you are a bit more extreme than me but the point is there. I think what you criticise so much about levy lovers you are doing the same with the manager. Tunnel vision. Like levy did a lot of rights and some wrongs Poch did loads of rights but in this year bar the champions league games we’ve been diabolical. I’m not saying sack him right now but his position needs to be questioned and he should be in jeopardy if this doesn’t turn around.

Ps: still love you mate :dierpochhug:

Milestone:
a significant event

Achievement:
a thing done successfully with effort, skill, or courage.

Learn words. Simple logic says that winning the final is an achievement so losing it can’t also be one.
Getting to the final was a significant event, we successfully got there with effort, skill AND courage.

I think after they clean house this year Poch wil have more of the team that will be down for the cause. Poch...... IN

I get what you’re saying but it still wouldn’t explain the bizarre team selections and substitutions

His heart doesn’t seem to be in it anymore and that will transfer into the players

I wish that I was wrong

You are also of the opinion Levy is better qualified than you on how to run a football club. Yet, you speak on that all the time.

Anyone can answer a question that they weren't asked.

I didn't ask if you think Poch is a fantastic manager. I didn't ask why you think we are losing games. I didn't ask about deeper issues that need to be discussed. Because you have spent the last 5 years discussing them

I ask again, and pay attention...

What do you think of Poch's in-game management v. Leicester yesterday? Let me caveat it with something YOU have brought up. ''what you think is a poor substitution, might be interpreted as a correct one by some one else.'' Do you think it was a correct substitution?

If you keep avoiding the question, one can assume you are afraid to be honest.

Once you answer what I have asked in the first instance, I'm more than happy to move the debate forward to what you have asked as a counter-point.
My opinion is that he made the wrong substitutions at the wrong time.

So. Let me ask you once more.

Because John or Spursdem or Donald Duck thinks he got his in game management wrong yesterday, does this explain our alarming drop in form since the turn of the year.

Or would you agree there is a deeper, underlying issue that starts at the top of the club heirarchy .

Or, is it all because Poch has forgotten how to manage a football team?

Getting to the final was a significant event, we successfully got there with effort, skill AND courage.

Getting to the final was a milestone
We were not successful in the CL.

It’s a bit like saying Cardiff achieved something last season in the PL because they beat someone.

It was

You’re correct but be honest when we got there we never looked like winning it

Bent ref notwithstanding

Because John or Spursdem or Donald Duck thinks he got his in game management wrong yesterday, does this explain our alarming drop in form since the turn of the year.

Or would you agree there is a deeper, underlying issue that starts at the top of the club heirarchy .

Even Andre Preview wouldn’t swallow that

Getting to the final was a milestone
We were not successful in the CL.

It’s a bit like saying Cardiff achieved something last season in the PL because they beat someone.

So we achieved a milestone, which was getting to the final, thus it was an achievement.

Cardiff achieved 3 points for beating someone but that doesn't compare to the achievement of getting to a champions league final.

It was

You’re correct but be honest when we got there we never looked like winning it

Bent ref notwithstanding

In isolation every can be seen as a success. He’s happy to take the semi final in isolation to the whole competition and call our CL campaign an achievement.

But he’s not so quick to take the final in isolation and call our CL campaign a failure.

The football side of Tottenham Hotspur is Mauricio Pochettino's responsibility. That is literally what he was hired to be in charge of.

So if our football has been alarmingly shit, we start with the person in charge of the football and go from there.

Lack of investment was an issue for last season. But we invested this season and we have still been seeing poor results.

Unlike your black and white view of things. The issue is grey and a number of variables.

But the football discussion starts with the guy in charge of the football.

John Thomas John Thomas you know that we always got along very well and in most of the cases in discussions about levy and Enic we have similar visions even tho you are ........

Ps: still love you mate :dierpochhug:

Oh Nabil....I love you to mate

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom