Olympique de Marseille VS Tottenham Hotspur. Tuesday 1st November. UEFA Champions League. 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like to read a few studies on this if you have any credible links?

To which, I supplied you with scientific validation of my factual statement:

Cardio

Dietary Flaxseed Reduces Central Aortic Blood Pressure Without Cardiac Involvement but Through Changes in Plasma Oxylipins.

Abstract

In the year-long FlaxPAD clinical trial (Flaxseed for Peripheral Artery Disease), dietary flaxseed generated a powerful reduction in brachial systolic and diastolic blood pressure in patients with peripheral artery disease. Oxylipins were implicated as potential mechanistic mediators. However, the ability of flaxseed to impact central aortic hypertension, arterial stiffness, or cardiac performance was not investigated. Additionally, the relationship between central blood pressure (cBP) and oxylipins was not elucidated. Therefore, radial tonometry and pulse wave analysis were used to measure cBP and cardiac function in the FlaxPAD population (n=62). Plasma oxylipins were analyzed with high-performance liquid chromatography mass spectrometry. In patients with high blood pressure at baseline, the average decrease in central systolic and diastolic blood pressures versus placebo was 10 and 6 mm Hg, respectively. Flaxseed did not significantly impact augmentation index or other cardiac function indices. Alternatively, the data support several specific oxylipins as potential mediators in the antihypertensive properties of flaxseed. For example, every 1 nmol/L increase in plasma 16-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid increased the odds of higher central systolic and diastolic blood pressures by 12- and 9-fold, respectively. Every 1 nmol/L increase in plasma thromboxane B2 and 5,6-dihydroxyeicosatrienoic acid increased the odds of higher cBP by 33- and 9-fold, respectively. Flaxseed induced a decrease in many oxylipins, which corresponded with a reduced risk of elevated cBP. These data extend the antihypertensive properties of flaxseed to cBP without cardiac involvement but rather through oxylipins.

This study provides further support for oxylipins as therapeutic targets in hypertension.

About another 20 on link, all from Pubmed, there are thousands…

Oxylipins constitute a family of oxygenated natural products which are formed from fatty acids by pathways involving at least one step of dioxygen-dependent oxidation.

Are you simply a “Doubt caster”? As no ‘Like/Thanks’ or reply…

If a scientist, care to now refute my factual comments? Or, like most Dr (can’t recall, but feel you have been one of these science types) are you happy quietly taking Omega3 but telling nobody of it’s known benefits?

That study, validates Johanna Budwig, who used the terminology as I presented “reignites cell walls ability to conduct Oxygen”.

Casual readers - Dr’s will obfuscate this knowledge, especially Oncologists, £200,000 reasons, per patient, to not let this become too widely known (Budwig carried on the work Otto Warburg attained a Nobel Prize for - she was chief Lipid scientist for the German Government, initially).

Love the bloke (behind and one to the left) reaction.

:harrylol: :harrylol: :harrylol:
It must be hell being in the oppo director section, the etiquette dictates you can't celebrate (that's why that guy is pissed). I remember Kane Celebrating with Davinson when Lucas scored vs Ajax, they too were in the Directors section and they got up out of their seats but left real sharp to join the team pitchside.

In any event to sit on your hands whilst surrounded by snide oppo isn't how I would want to watch a game.

If we're honest, we'll likely get bummed in the next round, but we get 25 million for qualifying and don't have to endure Thursday.
Really depends on the draw, absolutely no reason to be afraid of the likes of Brugge, Benfica and, let's say, Inter. Especially with Kulusevski back in the team we certainly can beat those teams over two matches.

Sitting in a corner, on my own, happy clapping.
Getting funny looks thu.
3rd in league and on last 16.
Some shit football ( they look nervous) but feeling lucky.
COYS as my American friend says

They just got into the top 16 teams in Europe.:thumbup:
First of all, congratulations!
In one of the best leagues in the world, if not the best, you and your team are in 3rd place.:thumbup:
There's a crazy German running around here in the forum who has been checking things out from time to time since 1982 and was secretly happy when Tottenham won.:)
If this team only plays very badly, the team consists of amateur footballers - then good night for the future, because what should it look like if they really step on the gas? :sneaky:

Allow me to say, Tottenham Hotspur FC is something to be proud of - as I'm sure you are - and THFC will continue to evolve too, we can all be sure of that!:bow:

Congratulations again and don't be too harsh on your team! Step by step it will go on!:coys:
You, my friend, are poster of the year… boundless, fresh, positive energy towards our team :bow:

I might get pelted for this, but this is so small time.

We just got through our group by the skin of our teeth. Not only that, it's the easiest group in the CL.

They should be asking themselves why they played like 5 year olds in the first half.
Honest question

Who gives a fuck?

Life is too short for an attitude like this.

Without some major players, we went on the road, in a very hostile environment and won in comeback fashion at the very last second.

We have 3 months to enjoy being in the final 16 now.

If that’s not something to celebrate, I don’t know what is.
Well said. God knows we've had plenty of occasions to be miserable. This certainly isn't one of them.

*imo. Not getting into semantics, I just think personally he is a better leader.

I also believe that having a CM as a captain is better for everyone in terms of communication.
1. Højbjerg isn't even captain of Denmark.
2. Højbjerg is already in the middle of the park and is already in the referee's ear every match.
3. Perhaps the refs (particularly English) might be more inclined to protect Kane a bit more if he was captain. He gets the shit kicked out of him every 90 mins.

I don't think you'll find many people in football that would question Kane's leadership abilities.

I might get pelted for this, but this is so small time.

We just got through our group by the skin of our teeth. Not only that, it's the easiest group in the CL.

They should be asking themselves why they played like 5 year olds in the first half.
You've seen group B? The Belgian 3rd place team almost walked the group, and a Bundesliga relegation candidate finished 3rd.

Strange post.

"We're going to get dicked in the next round.. " -

Maybe, or maybe not. Who's better on a one off than Conte? No team we can't beat.

"Play Gil and not Royal?"

Strange timing for that one, and comparing apples to oranges. Are You sure Gil would have contributed to the comeback yesterday, in the same way that Royal did? Royal had an excellent energy and effort last night, and was vital for the turnaround
Didn't mean as a straight swap bud.

Back
Top Bottom